Update 9/3/17: While most events are still confirmed, due to Hurricane Harvey, some events may have been either postponed until a later date, canceled or relocated. Readers will find events labeled accordingly where necessary below.
Make the most of your week with our top 9 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, September 4 to Sunday, September 10, 2017.
Top 9 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Monty the Magician on Labor Day at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Monday, September 4 – Experience the world of magic with the whole family as Monty the Magician performs his tricks at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. $6. 11am to 2pm.
- Labor Day Ice Cream Social at Frank J Brown Heritage Museum | Monday, September 4 | FREE – Bring the whole family to this Labor Day Ice Cream Social and enjoy free ice cream and live music at the Frank J Brown Heritage Museum in Friendswood. 3pm to 5pm.
- Nature Story Time at Nature Discovery Center | Wednesday, September 6 | No Cover – Bring the family to enjoy an interactive story time about animals and nature at Nature Discovery Center. This event is free to attend. Call in advance if you have a group of more than 6 children. 4pm to 4:30pm.
- Toddler Music with Sessions at Sugar Land Town Square | Thursday, September 7 | FREE – Immerse your child in a musical atmosphere of play, song, and dance, all while developing fundamental skills and connecting with other moms, dads, and families at Sugar Land Town Square. Recommended for ages newborn to 7 years old. 9:30am to 10am.
- Circo Avenida at Discovery Green | Friday, September 8 | FREE – Witness a family-friendly circus-like event with acrobats, contortionists and more at Discovery Green park. 7pm to 9pm.
- The LEGO Batman Movie Screening at Memorial City | Friday, September 8 | FREE – Bring a blanket, lawn chairs, and the kiddos for a screening of the animated movie, The LEGO Batman Movie on The Square at Memorial City. 8pm to 10pm.
- Nature Revealed: Prairies at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Saturday, September 9 – In this class, you’ll learn about the fall and rise of the prairie habitat in Houston, what makes a prairie, and why prairies are so ecologically and economically important. This class is for ages 13 and up. Tickets are $20 for members and $35 for nonmembers. 10am to noon.
- Reader’s Theatre at Children’s Museum of Houston | Saturday, September 9 – In celebration of the National Center for Children’s Illustrated Literature exhibit in the Kids’ Hall, the Children’s Museum will be reading selections of American comics artist and children’s book illustrator Jon Muth. Included with general admission to the museum. 5:30pm.
- My First Music Lesson at Discovery Green | Sunday, September 10 | FREE – Children in grades 1st to 8th can take part in My First Music Lesson, a hands-on experience that brings young, professional musicians to teach the basics of music in a fun and friendly environment where, by the end of class, everyone will be performing a song together. 2pm to 3pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.