Make the most of your week with our top 18 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, September 4 to Sunday, September 10, 2017.
Also in September 2017
The city is still recovering from last week’s flooding, but it’s not wanting for ways to get involved and opportunities to get out and enjoy the city. From the extended Houston Restaurant Weeks (now ending on Saturday, September 30, 2017) to Harvey relief fundraisers and rescheduled parties and celebrations, the week’s downright packed with things to do.
Top 18 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Restaurant Weeks at Participating Restaurants Around Houston | Daily – Houston Restaurant Weeks has been extended to raise much needed funds for the Houston Food Bank due to Hurricane Harvey. Dine out for a good cause all month as part of this annual city-wide fundraiser. Restaurants will be offering prix fixe menus for brunch, lunch, and dinner.
- Hurricane Harvey Relief and Recovery Events Around Houston | Daily – Help fellow Houstonians by donating money, clothing and food at various fundraisers and concerts benefiting Hurricane Harvey relief. Times, prices and locations vary.
- The Great Taproom Challenge at 8th Wonder Brewery | Daily – Sip on craft beer at 8th Wonder Brewery in EaDo and they’ll donate $1 from each beer to Harvey relief.
- Kids’ Meals Donation Drive at Saint Arnold Brewing Co. | Labor Day, Monday, September 4 | FREE – Bring healthy snacks, small water bottles, protein bars, and gift cards for gas to Saint Arnold Brewery and they’ll donate the goods to Kids’ Meals and you’ll get your first beer free. We call that a win, win.
- Labor Day Ice Cream Social at Frank J. Brown Heritage Museum | Labor Day, Monday, September 4 | FREE – Snack on free ice cream and enjoy live music at this ice cream social outside of the Frank J. Brown Heritage Museum in Friendswood.
- Hurricane Harvey Benefit Concert at Sugar Land Town Square | Labor Day, Monday, September 4 – Pull together some donations for Harvey evacuees and bring them to Sugar Land’s Town Square to drop them off and enjoy a free concert from country star Coffey Anderson.
- Labor Day Vibe & Ride in 3rd Ward | Labor Day, Monday, September 4 – Bring your own bike to the 3rd Ward and take off with the group to ride around and jam to Beyonce music. $6.
- Houston Fringe Festival (HFF) at The MATCH | Tuesday, September 5 to Sunday, September 10 – See some of the best independent performing arts acts in 10 minute performances over 5 days at The MATCH. This year marks the 10th anniversary of the Houston Fringe Festival. Tickets start at $10. Performance times vary by date and show.
- Amedei Chocolate Dinner at Four Seasons Hotel | Thursday, September 7 – Take a seat at the Four Seasons for six courses of Amedei chocolate-infused dishes. Wine pairings are also available for an additional charge. $85.
- Tacos & Champagne Pop Up at Campesino Coffee House | Friday, September 8 – Shop items from Xaibe Boutique while sipping on champagne and noshing on tacos at special shopping event at Campesino in Montrose.
- Janet Jackson in Concert at Toyota Center | Saturday, September 9 – Pop icon Janet Jackson finally makes good on rescheduling her cancelled show from 2016, bringing her State of the World Tour at Toyota Center in Downtown. Tickets start at $35, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market.
- The Daily News Press Run 2017 at Galveston Island | Saturday, September 9 – Run or walk with the whole family in a 5k, 10k or kids 1k at this annual race hosted by Galveston’s The Daily News to support the Newspapers in Education program. Registration starts at $15.
- All Day Margarita Festival at El Big Bad | Saturday, September 9 – The bartenders at El Big Bad are competing against each other to see who makes the best margarita, and you get to sample all five and vote. Tickets start at $10.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Colorado Rapids at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, September 9 – The Dynamo will compete against the Colorado Rapids and try to get the ball past USA goalkeeper Tim Howard in this game. A portion of ticket sales will be donated to Harvey relief. Tickets start at $25, but you may be able to find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market.
- Shrimp Festival at Traders Village | Saturday, September 9 and Sunday, September 10 – Snack on fresh shrimp and jam to country, cajun and rock music from live performers at Traders Village Houston.
- Screwed Up Sunday at 8th Wonder Brewery | Sunday, September 10 – Head to 8th Wonder Brewery for interactive live art, music, beer and a limited edition pint glass in honor of the iconic DJ Screw. Tickets start at $20.
- Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars at NRG Stadium | Sunday, September 10 – Are you ready for some football? The Houston Texans’ season is finally here and they’ll kick off their first game against the Jacksonville Jaguars at noon. Tickets start at $57, but you may find cheaper or better tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market.
- ZZ Top in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Sunday, September 10 – Blues and rock band ZZ Top will take the stage at Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land to perform hits like “La Grange,” “Sharp Dressed Man”, and “Tush”. Tickets start at $65, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market website.
You can also search our interactive event calendar by date, location, and category.