Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, September 6 to Sunday, September 10, 2017.
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- The Great Taproom Challenge at 8th Wonder Brewery | Daily – Sip on craft beer from 8th Wonder Brewery and they’ll donate $1 from each beer to Harvey relief.
Wednesday, September 6, 2017
- Bingo Social at Down the Street | No Cover – Yell out “Bingo!” for prizes like Astros tickets, sample beers and more as Bingo Night at Down The Street features 11 Below Brewing Company and offers bites from Buttz Gourmet Food Truck. 7pm to 10pm.
- Game of Thrones Trivia Night at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Now that the latest season of Game of Thrones has ended, show off what you know at this Trivia Night at Under the Radar Brewery. Game of Thrones outfits are encouraged for their costume contest. 7pm.
- Will Van Horn Trio in Concert at Raven Tower | No Cover – Local lap steel player, Will Van Horn plays live with his trio for this Summer Session at Raven Tower. 7:30pm to 10:30pm.
- Game of Thrones Trivia Night at Your Pie | No Cover – Show off what you know about the Lannisters, the Starks and more at this Game of Thrones Trivia Night for a chance to win prizes at Your Pie. Come hungry and enjoy a pizza with beer or wine combo for $12.99. 7:30pm.
Thursday, September 7, 2017
- It Clown Party at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park – The Alamo Drafthouse in Mason Park hosts an It-themed Clown Party where they will have clowns, balloon animals, and fun carnival games before screenings. Guests are encouraged to come dressed as clowns. Tickets are $12.33. 6pm to 10pm.
- 12 Year Anniversary at Pub Fiction | No Cover – Celebrate the 12 years that Pub Fiction has been open in Midtown as the Houston Press Concert Series features live music by Max Stalling. Be sure to come hungry to enter the wing eating contest as well. 6pm.
- John Egan in Concert at 8th Wonder Brewery | No Cover – Catch a live performance from local singer-songwriter John Egan at 8th Wonder Brewery. 8th Wonder Brewery is donating $1 per pint sold in their taproom for the month of September to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. 7pm to 10pm.
- Fashion Show: Alantude F/W 2017 at The Space HTX – The local design brand, Alantude, hosts a fashion show featuring their debut collection for Fall and Winter this year at The Space HTX. Tickets are $10 and $25 for VIP. 7:30pm.
- Stacks with Guest DJ Dayta at Axelrad | No Cover – Jam out in the beer garden of Axelrad to many genres of music during this vinyl session hosted by Squincy Jones and featuring special guest DJ Dayta. 8pm.
- Harvey Relief Special Salsa y Timba Thursday at Ogun Art + Wine | FREE – Help raise funds for the victims of Hurricane Harvey at Ogun Art + Wine when they host their Salsa y Timba event that will feature DJs, food, drinks, art and more. 9pm.
Friday, September 8, 2017
- Opening Reception: Unfolded at Cindy Lisica Gallery | No Cover – Cindy Lisica Gallery hosts an opening reception for the painter Chun Hui Paks’ exhibition, Unfolded. 6pm to 8:30pm.
- Tacos & Champagne Pop Up at Campesino Coffee House | No Cover – Shop at this pop-up market featuring local vendors and enjoy tacos, champagne, piñatas and more at Campesino Coffee House. 6pm to 10pm.
- Adult Swim Art Show at Insomnia Gallery | No Cover – Insomnia Gallery hosts an Adult Swim-themed art show where local artists show pieces based off their favorite late night Cartoon Network tv shows. There will be a food truck, music, and complimentary refreshments from Eureka Heights Brewing Co. 7pm to 11pm.
- Draughts & Laughs: Beer and Comedy Show at The Secret Group – Have a laugh and a cold beer as The Secret Group hosts Draughts & Laughs. Enjoy comedy from Stephen Brandau as well as 2 pints of Saint Arnold beer and a souvenir branded glass. Tickets are $12 and includes 2 pints and a souvenir glass. $5 for the comedy show and no promotional items. 7:30pm.
- Friday Night Fever at Avant Garden – Head to Avant Garden in Montrose for Friday Night Fever, a dance party featuring live performances, vendors, drink specials and more. Cover charge is 2 for $10 before 10:30pm and $10 per person after 10:30pm. 9pm.
- Disaster Relief benefiting the Houston Food Bank at Drink Houston – Drink Houston hosts a night of DJs, drink specials, and donations going to the Houston Food Bank for the victims of Hurricane Harvey. If you bring a donation for the Houston Food Bank, but you receive free admission before 11pm. Cover charge without donation is $10 for women and $15 for men. 9pm.
Saturday, September 9, 2017
- All Day Margarita Festival at El Big Bad – Sample 5 different margaritas crafted by different bartenders and cast your vote for your favorite one at the All Day Margarita Festival at El Big Bad. Proceeds from this event will benefit Houston PetSet. Tickets are $10 presale and $15 the day of. Noon to 5pm.
- Texas Artists Strong: A Pop-up Exhibition And Fundraiser at Spring Street Studios | No Cover – Fresh Arts and Spring Street Studios host a disaster relief exhibition and fundraiser at Spring Street Studios. This one-day only exhibition will feature artwork for sale by artists from Houston and surrounding areas, with proceeds benefiting the Disaster Relief Fund for Texas Artists. 100% of proceeds raised will be given to individual artists impacted by the disaster. 2pm to 7pm.
- Water and Wood: Opposites Attract at Archway Gallery | No Cover – Archway Gallery presents Water and Wood: Opposites Attract, an opening art reception featuring watercolor paintings by Cookie Wells and wood furniture by Tom Wells. 5pm to 8pm.
- The Deer in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Austin-based indie folk revival band, The Deer, perform at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. Tickets are $20 in advance and $22 at the door. 7pm.
- Janet Jackson in Concert at Toyota Center – The global music icon Janet Jackson hits the stage for her State of the World Tour at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $35, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8pm.
- Doomsday Wrestling Hurricane Harvey Benefit at Sigma Brewing Company – Doomsday Wrestling host an all ages event, Paint the Town Red!, a wrestling match based on the Cold War at Sigma Brewing Company. They will be donating all profits to the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. Tickets are $15 for general admission and $22 for front row seats. 8pm to 11pm.
- Nightbird: A Fleetwood Mac Tribute at The Concert Pub North – Hear all of your favorite Fleetwood Mac songs when the band Nightbird hits the stage with opened Daisy Hayz at The Concert Pub North. Tickets are $10. 8pm.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race‘s Sharon Needles at South Beach – Get spooked as RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 4 winner, Sharon Needles, hits the stage at the LGBT-friendly nightclub South Beach. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- The Late Show at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – Step into the Roaring ’20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. The Moonlight Dolls and special guests perform classic and tasteful stripteases, plus vocalists, dancers, and aerialists showcasing their signature acts. Tickets are $40, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $24. Click here for more information. 11:30pm.
Sunday, September 10, 2017
- Screwed Up Sunday at 8th Wonder Brewery – 8th Wonder Brewery partners up with Donkeeboy Art & Screwville for the 3rd Annual Screwed Up Sunday. The event pays homage the creator of the iconic art and sound of “chopped and screwed”, DJ Screw. Tickets are $20 in advance and $30 at the door. 11am to 6pm.
- Benefit with Food Not Bombs at Avant Garden – Avant Garden in Montrose hosts an event to raise donations and funds that will go directly towards Houston’s local and decentralized team Food Not Bombs. They will be accepting food, toiletries, blankets, as well as cash donations. There will be a raffle, live music from local acts, food vendors and more. This event is free with a donation or $5 cover charge without a donation. 3pm to 11pm.
- Third Anniversary at Public Services Wine & Whisky | No Cover – Celebrate Public Services Wine & Whiskys’ third Anniversary at this Cyber Punk/Bladerunner-themed event that will feature rare wines, steam buns, and 25%-off all spirits. 4pm.
- Oktoberfest Houston Kickoff Party at King’s BierHaus | No Cover – Enjoy beer and food specials, polka music, Oktoberfest Houston 2017 ticket discounts and more at this kick-off party at King’s BierHaus in the Heights. 4pm to 7pm.
- Tristen in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Catch electronic musician Tristen with opener Jenny O in concert at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets are $12 in advance and $13 at the door. 7pm.