Help animals that have been affected by Hurricane Harvey by adopting, fostering or donating to Houston Pets Alive!
The city has been devastated from Hurricane Harvey and for HPA and the city of Houston, the repercussions of this hurricane will last for weeks, if not months.
If you are able to help, please see the list of items below currently needed by Houston Pets Alive.
How to Help Houston Pets Alive!
- In-Kind Donations – If possible, HPA deeply appreciates any financial donations at this time. By providing a financial donation, you will allow HPA to ensure that they can purchase the supplies that needed at this time and provide the best possible care for the new animals that HPA are taking in. The care for these animals doesn’t stop once the hurricane is over, and they are in dire need of financial support to continue care for their new pups and cats. Click here to donate.
- Foster – HPA are in desperate need of local foster homes in the aftermath of this crisis. Whether you can foster until adoption or house a pet for a few nights, please consider opening your home. Click here to learn how to foster here or email [email protected] if you have any questions about saving shelter pets in need. If you aren’t already a foster, please fill out the quick application and a foster team will be in touch.
- Adopt – In order to free up foster homes, HPA needs to get some of their adoption-ready pets into their forever homes. Click here to check out adoptable pets or email [email protected] if you have any questions about any adoptable pets.
- Supply Donations – Starting tomorrow (Saturday, September 2, 2017), supply donations can be dropped off from 9am to 6pm and shipped to 8616 Stella Link Rd. Houston, TX 77025. If you’re bringing items, please bring donations inside –do not leave items outside.
Top Current Needs at HPA: Donated (not loaned) medium and large wire dog crates, sheets (can be used), bath and beach towels (can be used), aluminum food bowls, styrofoam bowls, dog and cat food (meat as first ingredient), wet canned cat food, litter (clumping and non-clumping), aluminum baking pans for litter boxes, cleaning supplies like trash bags, bleach, paper towels, dog poop bags, Clorox wipes, sponges, hand brooms/dust pans, litter scoopers, mops, mop buckets, and push brooms, as well as leashes (all sizes),
and Martingale colors (all size).
- Transportation Volunteers – Due to the high volume of transport applications coming in, HPA will only be reaching out if they need you to help transport. If you can help with transport, click here to fill out their online form. Please be patient while HPA processes offers and coordinate with those in need.
- Divert Pets from Shelters – If you find a pet, HPA encourages you to please hold the pet, whether that’s in a crate, bathroom or spare bedroom. The shelter will be inundated with lost animals; the more pets HPA can divert from the shelter the better. Steps to take if you find an animal: please look for the owner first and contact number on tags, post a photo and description of the pet on your neighborhood apps, social media, Pawboost (reserve a key identifiable trait so ownership can be verified; ask for photos), take to a vet to scan for a chip (most vets will scan for free), and if you cannot hold, ask a friend or family member to hold temporarily until a rescue, transport or foster can be secured.
Hurricane Harvey Relief with Houston Pets Alive!