If you’re in a position to, take a couple of minutes to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey who are in need of aid/relief with these organizations based in the Greater Houston Area.
The sun is out, but there is plenty of work to do and people who are in need of help. If you are unable to leave your house or if you’re an out-of-towner, here are some local organizations you can donate to with just a couple minutes and the click of a button.
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund – Established by Mayor Sylvester Turner, this relief fund is accepting tax deductible flood relief donations for the victims that have been affected by the recent floods. Click here to make a donation.
- The HISD Foundation – The HISD Foundation is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization governed by a volunteer board of directors that includes local business, industry, and community leaders. Help the families of the Houston Independent School District affected by Hurricane Harvey recover. Click here to donate.
- Houston SPCA – The Houston SPCA, a nonprofit animal-related agency responsible for disaster rescue, recovery, and relief efforts are taking donations for pets and rescuers affected by Hurricane Harvey. Click here to make a donation.
- Interfaith Ministries – This non-profit operates Houston’s Meals on Wheels program, which delivers more than 1.5 million meals each year to seniors in Harris and Galveston counties, and is in need of financial donations and volunteers. Click here to make a donation.
- The Montrose Center: LGBTQ Hurricane Harvey Disaster Relief Fund – Help the LGBTQ community members displaced by the storm by giving to the LGBTQ Disaster Relief Fund, managed by the Montrose Center – Houston’s LGBTQ counseling and community center. Click here to make a donation.
- United Way Relief Fund – The United Way of Greater Houston has launched a relief fund to help meet storm-related needs and recovery within the community. Click here to donate.
- Houston Food Bank – This Houston-area food rescue organization helps provide meals for the community in emergencies and is accepting donations to fund ongoing hunger-relief efforts. Click here to donate.
- Texas Diaper Bank – The Texas Diaper Bank, a nonprofit organization that keeps families healthy by providing diapers, baby essentials, senior incontinence items, food, and education, is taking donations to help victims and their families who are in need of these supplies. Click here to make a donation.
- Houston Barc Foundation – Donations to the Houston BARC Foundation directly benefit animals sheltered at, or otherwise cared for by, BARC through purchases of medical, kennel, sanitary, and other supplies and equipment. Click here to make a donation.