Update 9/1/17: Most events on this list were canceled. However for an updated list of events and relief efforts, click here to visit our new Post Harvey Labor Day Weekend Guide, filled with confirmed events happening from Friday, September 1 through Labor Day, Monday, September 4, 2017.
Update 8/27/17: Unless otherwise noted, please assume that all events on this list have been cancelled or postponed due to Hurricane Harvey and the ongoing flooding.
Please focus on your own safety and those of others. Once the storm passes, we will publish an updated list reflecting any actual events or activities, although we expect them to be focused almost solely on rescue, providing resources, and fund-raising.
Please take care or yourselves and others. Like all of you, we love Houston and want you to be here so we can help you organize your lives in better and drier times to come.
Make the most of your week with our top 14 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, August 28 to Sunday, September 3, 2017.
Head into Labor Day weekend with a plan so you can make the most of the holiday weekend. Take advantage of the last week of Houston Restaurant Weeks, belt out your favorite theater tunes while working out, sip on tequila or throw a couple cold ones back at a beer festival, kick off football season and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 14 Things to Do This Week in Houston (Most Canceled or Postponed)
- Houston Restaurant Weeks at Participating Restaurants Around Houston | Daily – Dine out for a good cause all month as part of this annual city-wide fundraiser for the Houston Food Bank. Restaurants will be offering prix fixe menus for brunch, lunch, and dinner. Times, prices, and locations vary.
- Body by Broadway Workout Class at Market Square Park | Tuesday, August 29 | FREE – Sing along to your favorite Broadway tunes while you sweat as Define Body & Mind leads you through a one-hour workout class at Market Square Park. 6pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers at Minute Maid Park | Tuesday, August 29 to Thursday, August 31 – Scream loud for the ‘Stros when they take the field to play against the Rangers in a three-game home series at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $15, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7:10pm nightly.
- Tequila & Tamales Night at Brasil Houston | Wednesday, August 30 – Brasil Houston is testing out new tamales and tequila cocktails and you’re invited to get a taste. 5pm to 10pm.
- Happy Birthday, Houston at 8th Wonder Brewery | Wednesday, August 30 | No Cover – Celebrate 181 years of H-Town at this birthday party hosted by The Houstorian at 8th Wonder Brewery. 6pm to 8pm.
- Tequila Dinner at Sylvia’s Enchilada Kitchen | Wednesday, August 30 – Taste your way through a four-course dinner at Sylvia’s Enchilada Kitchen Woodway paired with Demetrio Premium Tequila cocktails. $55. 6:30pm.
- Houston Texans vs. Dallas Cowboys at NRG Stadium | Thursday, August 31 – The Texans will close out the month of August with a Thursday night football showdown against Dak, Zeke, and the rest of the ‘boys at NRG. Tickets start at $45, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7pm.
- Emmanuel and Mijares in Concert at Toyota Center | Thursday, August 31 – Latin pop stars Emmanuel and Mijares are bringing their Two’r Amigos 2 Tour to Downtown. Tickets start at $100, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8:30pm.
- Houston Astros vs. New York Mets at Minute Maid Park | Friday, September 1 to Sunday, September 3 – Get your tickets to see the Astros play the Mets all holiday weekend long at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $15, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Friday 7:10pm; Saturday 6:10pm; Sunday 1:10pm.
- BrewMasters Craft Beer Festival at Moody Gardens | Friday, September 1 to Sunday, September 3 – Raise a glass and show your love for craft beer at this three-day festival featuring tasting events, a pub crawl, the Brew-B-Que beer and bbq sampling event, a beard competition and more in Galveston. Prices vary. Friday 7pm; Saturday 11:30am; Sunday 11am.
- Jeff and Larry’s Backyard BBQ at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, September 2 – Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable Guy are bringing their hilarious Backyard BBQ comedy and music festival to The Woodlands with special appearances from Eddie Money and The Marshall Tucker Band. Tickets start at $29.50. 6pm.
- Advocare Texas Kickoff: LSU vs. BYU at NRG Stadium | Saturday, September 2 – College football is back and the BYU Cougars and taking on the LSU Tigers at NRG for the annual Advocare Texas Kickoff. Tickets start at $45, but you may find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 8:30pm.
- Houston Biker Fest 2017 at the Hobby Event Center | Sunday, September 3 – Calling all bikers to this festival featuring a bike competition, bikini contest, live music, food and art vendors at the Hobby Event Center. Tickets start at $15. 1pm to 10pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Seattle Reign FC at BBVA Compass Stadium | Sunday, September 3 – Cheer on the Dash as they play against Seattle in this home game at BBVA Stadium. Tickets start at $24. 7pm.
You can also search our interactive event calendar by date, location, and category.