In our Where to Happy Hour series, we search Houston’s vast array of neighborhoods for the very best libations.
Running along the coastline, this charming bayside region is a breezy escape from the city. The area is surrounded by bodies of water including Clear Lake, Clear Creek, and Galveston Bay; and while you should definitely consider renting a boat or jet ski and getting out on the water itself, you can also check out some local gems for happy hour.
Note: For the purposes of this list, the Clear Lake is the area in and surrounding the neighborhoods of Clear Lake, Webster, and Nassau Bay.
Where to Happy Hour in the Clear Lake Area
- Grazia Italian Kitchen Clear Lake – Hit this Italian-Southern kitchen for happy hour six days a week, with $5 to $9 eats including Scarpiello wings, short rib and meatball sliders, wood-fired flat bread, and miniature crab cakes. Wash it all down with $2.50 to $4 brews, $5 house wines and Titos martinis, and $7 house cocktails like the classic French 75 or watermelon, strawberry, and ginger-infused Valentina. Monday through Friday 3pm to 6:30pm; Saturday 8pm to close. Click here for directions.
- JINYA Ramen Bar – The area’s favorite noodle joint offers more than just awesome ramen; there’s happy hour, too. Sip $5 Sapporos and select craft beers while you munch on $3 to $4 bites like JINYA buns, caramelized cauliflower, salmon poke, and crispy chicken. Daily 3pm to 5pm. Click here for directions.
- Nobi Public House – One of Houston’s coolest craft beer pubs lies in an unassuming strip mall in Webster. Not only does Nobi Public House play host to a killer 200+ bottle and draft beer program that rivals any in the loop, it also dishes out fantastic Vietnamese-fusion pub grub. Hit it for daily specials, including $3 pint Wednesdays and $7 bone-in pork chops with rice and a pint of beer on Tuesdays beginning at 4pm. Click here for directions.
- Preamble Lounge & Craft House – With the premise that “we the people, have a right to superior cocktails,” this sultry speakeasy focuses on refreshing classics done right. At happy hour, those classics range from $5 Moscow Mules and Old Fashioneds to $7 Mint Juleps and Ramos Gin Fizzes. Sip them alongside shareable plates, including five-cheese mac’, campechana ceviche, and pretzel sticks with Hopadillo cheese sauce. All day Monday; Tuesday through Saturday 4pm to 7pm. Click here for directions.
- Rosewater – This cult favorite craft cocktail bar and industry hangout offers happy hour every day it’s open (which is every day but Monday). Each day features a number of $7 cocktails, including standards like the house Old Fashioned, Negroni, and Mai Tai; plus the seasonally rotating list, including things like the Aviation, El Diablo, Jasmine, Sazerac, and Bamboo. Tack on a wacky daily special for $8 and dollar-off draft beer, wine by the glass, and various private selection spirits and you have yourself quite the happy time. Tuesday through Saturday 4pm to 7pm; Sunday noon to 6pm. Click here for directions.
- Other great options – Get happy hour-priced fried pickles, red beans and rice, and chicken and sausage gumbo at Abe’s Cajun Market; enjoy cheap drafts, pitchers and smitchers alongside boudin balls and hangover fries at The Rouxpour; munch on happy hour bites like voodoo shrimp and Louisiana cracklins at Tommy’s Restaurant & Oyster Bar; and unleash your competitive side and unwind with sips and suds at Top Golf.