Make the most of your week with our top 14 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, August 21 to Sunday, August 27, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Also in August 2017
Spend an evening at the ballpark, play Frida-themed Loteria, make plans to watch the solar eclipse, explore the Houston performing arts scene at Theater District Open House, sip while you shop at Tootsies and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 14 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Restaurant Weeks at Participating Restaurants Around Houston | Daily – Dine out for a good cause all month as part of this annual city-wide fundraiser for the Houston Food Bank. Restaurants will be offering prix fixe menus for brunch, lunch, and dinner. Times, prices, and locations vary.
- Solar Eclipse Watch Parties Around Houston | Monday, August 21 – Catch a view of the solar eclipse, which will be partially visible from Houston, and celebrate at watch parties around the city. Locations vary. 11am to 3pm.
- Brews & Baseball at Saint Arnold Brewery and Minute Maid Park | Tuesday, August 22 – Pre game for the Astros vs. Nationals game at Saint Arnold and then hop on a shuttle over to Minute Maid Park for the game where you’ll have a seat next to the Saint Arnold bar in left field, and then head back to the brewery. $65. 5pm.
- Frida & Diego’s Anniversary Loteria Night at Cuchara Restaurant | Tuesday, August 22 – Celebrate the wedding anniversary of Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera with a night of Frida-themed Loteria, also known as Mexican Bingo, at Cuchara Restaurant. $40. 6pm to 9pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Washington Nationals at Minute Maid Park | Tuesday, August 22 to Thursday, August 24 – Get loud for the ‘Stros when they take the field to play against Washington in a three-game series at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $15, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7:10pm nightly.
- Summer Soireé at Tootsies | Wednesday, August 23 – Sip on a cocktail while you shop for pieces from Parker, Schutz, and Lisa Freede Designer at this women-only event that supports Dress for Success Houston at Tootsies. Tickets start at $45. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Instagram Scavenger Hunt with Bayou Buddies | Thursday, August 24 – Get out your smartphone and explore the trails of Buffalo Bayou Park with your team as you solve clues, snap photos, and use hashtags to complete the Instagram scavenger hunt. Tickets start at $10. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Coldplay in Concert at NRG Stadium | Friday, August 25 – Experience Coldplay performing live at this show on their A Head Full of Dreams Tour at NRG. Tickets start at $67.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Lady Antebellum and Kelsea Ballerini in Concert at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Friday, August 25 – Get your boots and cowboy hat and head to The Woodlands to hear country stars Lady Antebellum, Kelsea Ballerini, and Brett Young in concert. Tickets start at $30.75, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7:30pm.
- Catapult: Dance Meets Design at the Hobby Center | Friday, August 25 and Saturday, August 26 – Experience a dance performance “with a dash of cirque” from Houston company NobleMotion at one of two shows at the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts’ Zilkha Hall. Tickets start at $25. 7:15pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Sporting Kansas City at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, August 26 – Cheer on the Dynamo as they go head-to-head against Kansas City in this home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $24, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Pearland Wine and Food Festival at Pearland Town Center | Saturday, August 26 – Sip on vino from Texas wineries during this annual festival in Pearland. Hosted by Dionisio Winery, the event features live music, local food, and award-winning wine. Tickets start at $30. Noon to 8pm.
- 24th Annual Theater District Open House in Downtown Houston | Sunday, August 27 | CANCELLED – Update 2/24/17: Due to expected severe weather, this event has been cancelled this year. Ticket specials may still be available directly from participating groups by phone or online. Experience the thriving performing arts scene in Houston during this one-day, free and open to the public event showcasing live performances, discounted ticket offers, and behind-the-scenes tours. Noon to 5pm.
- Houston Dash vs. North Carolina Courage at BBVA Compass Stadium | Sunday, August 27 – Cheer on the Dash as they play against North Carolina in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $15. 8pm.
You can also search our interactive event calendar by date, location, and category.