Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, August 14 to Sunday, August 20, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Also in August 2017
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- ExploreAsia Summer Camps 2017: The Dances of China at Asia Society | Monday, August 14 – In the class, The Dances of China, kids will learn and perform an original dance piece inspired by traditional and contemporary Chinese dances. Students will study the history of Chinese dance, clothing, costuming, and create their own props to use for the performance. This is the first of three classes. Registration is $275 for non-members; $225 for members. For each camp session, a $30 discount will be applied per additional child registered. 9am to 3pm.
- Journey Through China VII at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Monday, August 14 to Tuesday, August 15 | FREE – Learn about the culture, tradition, and history of China through interesting facts and authentic Chinese dance at Miller Outdoor Theatre. This fun and interactive performance involves audience member participation with props and dance movements. 11am both days.
- WHCA Family Night at Lucky’s Pub Heights | Thursday, August 17 | No Cover – Join the Woodland Heights Civic Association at Lucky’s Pub in the Heights for a Family Night that includes a family-friendly Happy Hour.
- Parachute Play Time at CityCentre | Friday, August 18 | FREE – Toddlers are encouraged to learn and develop as they play movement games, participate in song and dance, and experience the 20-foot rainbow parachute at CityCentre. 10am to noon.
- Circo Avenida at Discovery Green | Friday, August 18 | FREE – Witness acrobats and contortionists perform weekly along the Avenida by Discovery Green Park in Downtown. 7pm to 9pm.
- Caturday Morning Cartoons at El Gato Coffeehouse | Saturday, August 19 – Spend a lazy Saturday morning watching cat-themed cartoons from the ’90s at this family-friendly event El Gato Coffeehouse Cat Cafe. Tickets are $10 an hour for kids ages 5 to 17; $12 an hour with a student ID; $14 an hour for adults. 10am to noon.
- Free Kids Fest at Town Center Park | Saturday, August 19 | FREE – Spend a warm summer day at the Kingwood Town Center with the kids enjoying a plethora of rides, performances, games, and kids activities, all at no charge. 10am to 6pm.
- Story Time at Brazos Bookstore | Saturday, August 19 | FREE – Kids ages 2 to 9 can enjoy a new book every week for Story Time at Brazos Bookstore. Afterward, they can take part in in crafts and snack time. 10:30am.
- Ghostbusters Movie Screening at Main Street Square | Saturday, August 19 | FREE – Bring the whole family for an outdoor screening of the 1984 classic Ghostbusters, starring the ebullient Bill Murray, at Main Street Square. 8pm.
- Viva La Lucha: Mexican Masked Wrestling at The Concert Pub North | Sunday, August 20 – See matches between local and international independent wrestlers and enjoy dancers, music, a meet and greet and more at this family-friendly Mexican Masked Wrestling event at The Concert Pub North in Cypress. Tickets are $15 presale and $20 at the door. 3pm to 11pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.