Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, August 16 to Sunday, August 20, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Nightlife in Houston This Week
Also in August 2017
Top 13 Plays & Arts Performances
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Comic Ian Bagg at Houston Improv | Thursday to Sunday – Best known for his appearances on Late Night with Conan O’Brien and Comedy Central Presents, the Canadian comedian is notorious for his “no topic spared” sets. $17 to $30; and you can 2-for-1 tickets to Friday and Saturday shows with promocode IAN365. Showtimes vary.
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- Sundown at The Grove – Experience this festival-like event with music, food, beer and wine, and giveaways on the rooftop patio at The Grove. Tickets are $20. 5:30pm to 8pm.
- Trivia Night with Geeks Who Drink at Bakfish Brewing Company | No Cover – The Geeks Who Drink Pub Quizzes group hosts a trivia night at Bakfish Brewing Company in Pearland. 6:30pm.
- RAW Houston presents Fixate at Stereo Live – Experience a night of visual art, performances, live music, drinks and more at this showcase for local artists at Stereo Live. Tickets are $22 presale and $30 at the door. 7pm.
- Bel Inizio Bingo at The Phoenix on Westheimer – Bel Inizio, a local nonprofit organization that helps disadvantaged women develop life skills, hosts a bingo night at The Phoenix on Westheimer. Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the door. 7pm to 9pm.
- ’80s Movie Trivia Night at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Test your knowledge of popular ’80s films for prizes and enjoy $3 pints at Under the Radar Brewery. 7pm to 10pm.
Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Happy Hour Thursdays at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | No Cover – Bring your friends to a museum-style happy hour and enjoy the exhibitions, bites from food trucks, and specialty cocktails at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. 5pm to 8pm.
- Third Thursday at Conservatory | No Cover – The Third Thursday series features different breweries, local food pop ups, local artists & local musicians at Conservatory. This time around they are pairing up with Hoppy Heat & a slew of local breweries. 5pm to 10pm.
- Flock’s Bears & Brews at Saint Arnold Brewery – Join Flock, the Houston Zoo Young Professionals group, at their summer fundraising event at Saint Arnold Brewery. Sip on a Saint Arnold’s brew, nosh on light bites from local eateries, and experience visits from the Houston Zoo’s ambassador animals. This event is free for Flock members and $10 for non-members. 6pm to 9pm.
- Blaggards in Concert at Pimlico Irish Pub | No Cover – Hear the Irish rock sounds of Blaggards as they perform an acoustic set at Pimlico Irish Pub. 8pm.
- DIY Story Night at Rec Room – Have a drink, listen, share, and appreciate the art of storytelling at this DIY Story Night at the Rec Room. Donations are accepted. 8pm to 10:30pm.
- A Night of Reggae at Last Concert Cafe – Local Reggae bands Roots From The Clay, The Philosophers, and King Baby perform at Last Concert Cafe. Cover charge is $5. 8pm.
- Latin Thursdays at Belvedere Lounge in Uptown – Mix and mingle with the fashionably dressed at the lounge and nightclub inside Uptown Park. The popular weekly series features tunes by DJ Little Martin and DJ Pollo. DJ Mishka spins on the patio and there will be live saxophone by Eddie Akmetchine. Cover may vary. 9pm.
- Travis Linville in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Oklahoma based singer-songwriter Travis Linville hits the stage at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck with opener Craig Kinsley. Tickets are $20 in advance and $22 at the door. 9:30pm.
Friday, August 18, 2017
- The Dalmore Tasting at Reserve 101 – Join Reserve 101 for The Dalmore tasting with Legendary Master Blender Richard Paterson. With over 50 years of experience in the scotch industry, Paterson will lead guests through an in depth tasting of the acclaimed single malt whisky made in the Highlands of Scotland. $20 per person. 5pm to 8pm.
- Deep Purple & Alice Cooper in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Get ready to sing your praises to the gods of rock and witness history in the making as Deep Purple, Alice Cooper, and special guest The Edgar Winter Band take the stage of the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Tickets range from $18 to $135, but you may find limited discounted tickets. 6:30pm.
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony in Concert at House of Blues – See the legendary hip hop group Bone Thugs-N-Harmony perform at House of Blues. Tickets are $20. 7pm.
- Sherita Perez in Concert at Four Seasons Hotel Houston | No Cover – Soak up the sun, play poolside games, enjoy drink specials, and see the local singer-songwriter Sherita Perez perform at the Four Seasons Hotel in Downtown. 7pm.
- Rhett Miller in Concert at The Heights Theatre – The lead singer of the rock band Old 97’s, Rhett Miller, performs a solo set with special guests Charlie Sexton at The Heights Theatre. Tickets start at $22. 7:30pm.
- Classic Numbers Salutes 1987 at Numbers Nightclub – For this Classic ’80s Friday night at Numbers, they will be honoring the music of the year 1987 all night long. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Sam Riggs in Concert at Armadillo Palace – Catch singer-songwriter Sam Riggs perform at the Goode Company Armadillo Palace. Tickets are $13. 9pm.
- Laugh Out Loud Comedy Tour at Warehouse Live – Comedian Trump headlines the Laugh Out Loud Comedy Tour with opener Jeff B at Warehouse Live. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door. $30 for VIP. 9pm.
- A Fistful of Soul at The Continental Club | No Cover – Bust a move at this monthly ’60s soul and rhythm & blues dance party at The Continental Club. 10pm.
Saturday, August 19, 2017
- 1 Year Anniversary at Eureka Heights Brew Co. – Celebrate the Eureka Heights Brewery turning 1 with beer on tap, a birthday pińata, ice cream and cake, live music, and food trucks. No cover charge. VIP tickets for a special tasting are available for $45. 1pm to 9pm.
- 2nd Annual Luau at Kirby Ice House | No Cover – Grab your coconut bras and Hawaiian shirts for the 2nd Annual Luau at Kirby Ice House. Watch hula dancers and a fire act, sip on tiki cocktails, and eat a poke bowl from Pokeology. 2pm to 2am.
- Saint Arnold North Heights Pub Crawl | No Cover – Saint Arnold Brewing Co. hosts a North Heights Pub Crawl. Make your first stop at Southern Goods to get your punch card, and then head to participating bars like Heights Bier Garten, The Boot and more. The pub crawl will end at Cedar Creek, where they will be awarding prizes. 5pm to 9pm.
- Fight Like a Girl: A Comic Heroine Art Show at The Hardy & Nance Studios – Local artists get together for this group show featuring works inspired by female comic book characters at The Hardy & Nance Studios. Cosplay is encouraged. Cover charge at the door. 6pm to 9pm.
- Resistance Karaoke: Hamilton Sing A Long at Guava Lamp | No Cover – Rap or sing your heart out at this Hamilton-themed karaoke night hosted by Indivisible Houston at Guava Lamp. 7pm to 9pm.
- Betty Who in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Catch pop act Betty Who with openers Geographer and Jackson Haris at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $20. VIP tickets are available for $99 and $199. 8pm.
- Certified Funny Saturdays at Grooves of Houston – Make your way to Grooves of Houston to help comedian Lil Darrel (aka Dope Nizzy) celebrate his 30th birthday. The show will be hosted by Keisha Hunt and feature drink specials including Hennessy for only $3 a shot. Tickets are $20, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $9. 8pm.
- The New Beat DJ Night at Etro Lounge | No Cover – The New Beat features guest DJ Andy Kogut and DJ Rice Cube spinning ’80s music, synth-pop, Italian disco and more at Etro Lounge. 9pm.
Sunday, August 20, 2017
- Happy Firkin 17th Anniversary at Houston Flying Saucer | No Cover – Enjoy a plethora of special firkins all filled from local breweries to celebrate 17 years that Houston Flying Saucer has been open in Downtown. 11am to midnight.
- DJ Michael Calfan at Clé Houston – Sip on cocktails while sitting poolside and hear the French DJ Michael Calfan spin dance tunes at Clé Houston Lounge. Tickets range from $10 to $15. 2pm to 8pm.
- The Houston Ultimate Hip Hop Showcase at Numbers Nightclub – See local hip hop acts including Dre-B, Kiid and more at the Houston Ultimate Hip Hop Showcase at Numbers Nightclub. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door. 7pm.
- Game of Thrones Watch Party at Guava Lamp | No Cover – Dress up as your favorite character while enjoying performances and trivia games before watching the new episode of Game of Thrones at Guava Lamp. 7pm to 9pm.