Socialize, shop, and don’t forget to wear white as White Linen Night 2017 takes over across the Greater Heights on Saturday, August 5, 2017.
Back for its 11th year, the official White Linen Night in The Heights is an evening filled with art displays, live music, shopping specials, a party atmosphere, and some of Houston’s best summer people watching.
Official & Unofficial Events on Saturday, August 5, 2017
The big, official event (the party that started is all) is happening on the 200 and 300 blocks of 19th Street. It includes an expanded edition of the monthly First Saturday Arts Market, plus sales, specials, pop-up entertainment, light bites, drinks, and more at just about every retailer on the street, plus a few around the corner.
However, merchants, restaurants and bars around the Greater Heights, particularly along White Oak and in Shady Acres are also throwing their white linen shirts into the ring. You’ll find white clad Houstonians reveling at special events, and private parties, throughout the Heights and beyond.
Here are a few of our favorite events celebrating this Heights neighborhood tradition.
All events are happening on Saturday, August 5, 2017.
Official White Linen Night Events on 19th Street
- White Linen Night in the Heights | No Cover – For 2017, activities include a tiki-themed luau at Emerson Rose, live music at Jubilee, DJ Cheney spinning along with light bites at Jumper Maybach, acoustic music sets at Manready Mercantile, countless sales at retail shops, and more. The 200 and 300 blocks of 19th Street are where the official event will take place. Click here for a full list of White Linen Night in the Heights activities. 6pm to 10pm.
- First Saturday Arts Market | No Cover – Browse fine art and eclectic goods at this special edition of the monthly First Saturday Arts Market in the heart of the Houston Heights. In addition to shopping and browsing, you’ll find live music, food truck bites, and great people watching. 6pm to 10pm.
- Art & Music: White Linen Night at The Heights Theater | No Cover – Take in the art of artist George R. Holman at this exhibition opening and then catch performances by bands like Ishi, Khris Royal and more at The Heights Theater. 6pm.
White Linen Night-Inspired Events Around The Heights
Inspired by the original and official White Linen Night in The Heights, happening on the 200 and 300 blocks of 19th Street, these fun and games are not officially part of that event.
- A White Linen Affair at McIntyre’s | No Cover – Head to McIntyre’s on 20th street for their White Linen party where you can delight in drink specials like $15 Mimosa Carafes, $7 glasses of white watermelon Sangria and more. 11am to 8pm.
- White Linen Night at Southern Goods | No Cover – Make your way to Southern Goods in the Heights for a White Linen Night concert featuring local indie band, The Tontons. Hear great local music while enjoying food and drink specials all evening. 3pm to midnight.
- White Linen Night at Once Upon A Comic World | No Cover – This Heights comic book shop hosts a family-friendly evening filled with contests, prize giveaways, sales, music, and snacks. 4pm to 10pm.
- White Linen Night at Heights Bier Garten | No Cover – Have a cold beer, jam out to live music, and bring your pup in a white costume for a best-dressed dog contest at Heights Bier Garten. 4pm to 10pm.
- White Linen Night at Christian’s Tailgate White Oak | No Cover – Experience a lineup of great local music, indulge in a beer and burger, and then head to the patio for karaoke starting at 9pm at Christian’s Tailgate. The party begins at 5pm.
- White Linen Night 2017 at Pop Shop America | No Cover – The Pop Shop America Boutique features live music, a braid bar, a lip bar, and locally made artisans to shop from during their White Linen Night party. 6pm to 10pm.
- White Linen Night in the Heights Pub Crawl on White Oak | No Cover – Houston Young Professionals host a Pub Crawl for White Linen Night along White Oak Drive in the Heights. Bars participating will include Onion Creek, Jimmy’s Ice House, Lucky’s Pub, Ritual and more. 6pm.