Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, July 26 to Sunday, July 30, 2017.
Also in July 2017
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
- Sundown at The Grove – Experience this festival-like event with music, food, beer and wine, and giveaways on the rooftop patio at The Grove. Tickets are $20. 5:30pm to 8pm.
- Urban Wild Summer Happy Hour at Revolver – Catch up and get the scoop on the latest efforts in Memorial Park, including the BioCycle Center, Greenhouse Grow-out, and the Conservation Crew with the Memorial Park Conservancy. The Urban Wild Summer Happy Hour will also feature half-off Texas whiskeys at Revolver. No cover charge for members. 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
- ’90s Trivia Night at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Go back to the time where you knew every move to the “Macarena” and show off your knowledge about the pop culture in the ’90s for a chance to win prizes at Under the Radar Brewery. There will also be $3 craft beer. 7pm to 9pm.
- Karaoke at The Secret Group | No Cover – Have a night out with friends, drinks, and music as The Secret Group venue and bar hosts a karaoke night every Wednesday. 9:30pm.
- Reggae Night at The Flat | No Cover – Hear DJ Fiyah Rama spin reggae, roots, and dance hall tunes all night long while having a cocktail at The Flat. 10pm.
Thursday, July 27, 2017
- Happy Hour Thursdays at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | No Cover – Bring your friends to a museum-style happy hour and enjoy the exhibitions, bites from food trucks, and specialty cocktails at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. 5pm to 8pm.
- Cigars and Stilettos: A Professional Networking Affair at Aloft Houston Downtown –African Fashion Week Houston hosts a professional networking mixer where you can enjoy complimentary happy hour hors d’oeuvres and drink specials, cigars on the patio, a mini fashion show, talks from entrepreneurs and more at Aloft Houston Downtown. Tickets are $10 for early bird and $15 for regular admission. 5pm to 10pm.
- Houston Networking Social at Capitol Bar – Young professionals are welcome to this social event where they can grow their network with more than 35 different industries on the patio of Capitol Bar. Tickets range from $10 to $175. 6pm to 9pm.
- Girls Night Out at Revolver | No Cover – Shop from local vendors, hear tunes from DJ Gracie Chavez, and enjoy margarita and sangria specials along with a selected cocktail in which $1 per drink purchased is donated to the charity, Build On at Revolver. 6pm.
- Bonnie Bishop in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Catch the Grammy-winning country singer Bonnie Bishop live at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. Tickets are $20 in advance and $22 at the door. 7pm.
- Playboi Carti in Concert at Warehouse Live – Catch the hip hop artist from Atlanta, Playboi Carti, live at Warehouse Live. Tickets start at $20. 8:30pm.
- Latin Thursdays at Belvedere Lounge in Uptown – Mix and mingle with the fashionably dressed at the lounge and nightclub inside Uptown Park. The popular weekly series features tunes by DJ Little Martin and DJ Pollo. DJ Mishka spins on the patio and there will be live saxophone by Eddie Akmetchine. Cover may vary. 9pm.
- The Black Dress Party at Bar Bleu – Celebrate in style as Houston Fashion Week hosts The Black Dress Party at Bar Blue in Upper Kirby. Dress code is strictly enforced. To make reservations you can contact Bar Bleu. 9pm.
- Throwback Thirsty Thursdays at Henke & Pillot – Dance to all of your favorite songs and remixes of the ’80s, ’90s, and early 2000’s at this throwback night at Henke & Pillot. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- DJ Ookay at Spire Houston – Producer and DJ Ookay hits the stage at Spire Houston to play remixes of top 40 jams. Fashionable nightclub attire is required. Dress code is strictly enforced. Tickets are $16. VIP tables are available. 10pm.
Friday, July 28, 2017
- Yappy Hour at Bagby Park | No Cover – Bring your pupper to Yappy Hour, a pet-friendly happy hour held monthly in Bagby Park dog park. This doggie play date will feature treats, giveaways, contests, and prizes. 4:30pm.
- Nickelback in Concert at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Nickelback, Daughtry, and Shaman’s Harvest will perform live in The Woodlands as part of the Feed The Machine North America Tour. Tickets start at $27.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 6:15pm.
- Black Girl Magic Art Show & Market at Insomnia Gallery | No Cover – The Black Girl Magic Art Show show celebrates the beauty, power, and resilience of black women and will feature works from local artists at Insomnia Gallery.In addition to the art show at the gallery, there will be an outdoor market featuring over a dozen vendors and open mic performances at Bohemeo’s next door. 11pm.
- Dem Damn Dames Burlesque: Cabaret Hideaway at Numbers Nightclub – Dem Damn Dames presents the Cabaret Hideaway, a show that features classic burlesque, neo burlesque, manlesque, aerial and more. For this performance, they will be featuring the world renowned burlesque performer from Seattle, Iva Handful. Tickets range from $15 to $30. 7pm to 8pm.
- The Phantom Royals in Concert at 8th Wonder Brewery | No Cover – Hear the rock n roll surf songs of the local band, The Phantom Royals, at 8th Wonder Brewery. 7pm to 10pm.
- Summer Fest at Howl at the Moon – Wear your flower crowns as Howl at the Moon hosts their own version of a summer festival when their house band plays only indie rock and pop songs all night long. Cover charge at the door. 7pm.
- Hank Williams Jr. in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – See country music legend Hank Williams, Jr. in concert at Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land. Tickets start at $65, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale website. 8pm.
Saturday, July 29, 2017
- 31st Annual Watermelon Dance & Summer Social at Last Concert Cafe –
Eat refreshing watermelon, see local live music, shop through a selection of merchants and artists and more at this Summer Social benefiting Last Concert’s music as well as local radio outlet 90.1 KPFT. Cover charge at the door. 3pm to 2am.
- Brews & Bingo: A Discover Opera Now Fundraiser at Eureka Heights Brew Co – Enjoy light bites, beer, a live performance by select Opera in the Heights artists, and bingo, all in an effort to support Discover Opera Now at Eureka Heights Brew Co. Attendance is free and open to the public, but a minimum donation of $5 is suggested if you’d like to play bingo. $5. 5pm to 7pm.
- Reo Speedwagon and Styx in Concert at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Rock out to a live show from Reo Speedwagon and Styx at this concert in The Woodlands. Tickets start at $27.50. 7pm.
- MyOhMy Drag Show at Warehouse Live – MyOhMy The Show collects the best drag queen talent in Texas to create the ultimate lineup for one crazy night of fabulous fun at Warehouse Live. Tickets start at $25 but you may find limited discounted tickets ranging from $12.50 to $15. 7:30pm.
- Michelle Branch in Concert at The Heights Theater – See the Grammy-nominated songstress, Michelle Branch, play songs like “Everywhere” and “All You Wanted” at The Heights Theater. Tickets are $30. 7:30pm.
- Ladies Night: Rockstar Party at Bedrock City Comic Co. | No Cover – Bring your best girlfriend, dress in your best ’70s era rocker costume, and enjoy a best-dressed contest, karaoke party, a lip sync battle, crafts, and games at Bedrock City Comic Co. on Westheimer. 8pm to 10pm.
- International Saturdays at Belvedere Lounge in Uptown – Mix and mingle with the fashionably dressed at the lounge and nightclub inside Uptown Park, with tunes spun by DJ ND. Cover may vary. Call 713-426-5840 to make a table reservation. 9pm.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Willam at South Beach – See a performance from actor, model, recording artist, and RuPaul’s Drag Race contestant, Willam at South Beach. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- CSz presents Aladdin: Unscripted Adult Improv Show – Disney’s Aladdin gets a late-night, not-for-the-kiddies comedy twist in ComedySportz’s Aladdin: Unscripted, a bawdy musical parody that turns audience suggestions into an unpredictable show. Full price tickets are $14, but limited comped (you just pay a ticking fee) and discounted $7.50 tickets are available for most shows. 10:30pm.
Sunday, July 30, 2017
- DJ Lee Foss at Clé Houston – Socialize and sip on a poolside cocktail while DJ Lee Foss plays house, techno, soul, and disco at Clé Houston. Tickets are $16. 2pm to 8pm.
- Dan’s Disco Drag Show at Dan Electros – Experience a Disco Drag Show that will benefit Texas United Charities, a local charitable organization that raises funds to provide health and wellness services for LGBTQ people within the community at Dan Electros. Cover charge is $5. 3pm to 6pm.
- I Love the ’90s – The Party Continues at NRG Arena – The ’90s live at a concert showcase featuring TLC, Vanilla Ice, Salt N Pepa with Spinderella, Naughty By Nature, Kid N Play, Coolio, Blackstreet, Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath, Color Me Badd, Biz Markie, Kool Moe Dee, and others. Full price tickets range from $22 to $148 before ticketing fees, but you may likely find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Madeline Edwards in Concert at Cafeza | No Cover – R&B singer-songwriter Madeline Edwards hits the stage at Cafeza, a Spanish and Latin restaurant, wine bar, and cafe. 8pm to 10pm.