Sing your heart out all night long with our list of where to karaoke around Greater Houston.
Do you have pipes? Don’t have a band? Well, if you’ve ever wanted to take that song you’ve been perfecting in the shower straight to the stage, you’re in luck.
You’ll be nailing the high notes and holding for applause in no time flat with our list of favorite karaoke bars and bars that host weekly/monthly karaoke nights in Houston below.
Where to Karaoke in Houston
- Spotlight Karaoke in the Galleria Area & Spotlight Karaoke in Midtown | Open Daily | No Cover – It’s hard to go wrong with either location as Spotlight Karaoke has been a staple in Houston karaoke since they opened their doors almost 20 years ago. If you’re able to, check out the original location at Fountain View and Westheimer and get a load of their posh public room featuring plenty of open tables for groups, their impressive song binder (more than 10,000 songs to select from), and the secluded private rooms for small parties. It’s worth it to note that there is a 2-drink minimum for guests looking to sing. Guests must be 21 and older to attend. Galleria Hours: Monday to Thursday 7pm to 2am; Friday 6pm to 2am; Saturday and Sunday 8pm to 2am. Midtown Hours: Wednesday 8pm to 2am; Thursday and Friday 6pm to 2am; Saturday 8pm to 2am; Closed Monday and Tuesday. Click here to view Spotlight’s strict dress code. Click here for directions to both locations.
- Yes KTV in Chinatown | Open Daily – Located on the 2nd floor of the Dun Huang Plaza shopping strip in Chinatown, this upscale karaoke bar has private rooms that you can rent for parties and over 10,000 songs in English in addition to songs in Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean, and Thai. If that weren’t enough already, Yes KTV is also the only BYOB karaoke club in Houston. The biggest room can fit up to 24 people, with smaller rooms available for groups of eight or less. They also have non-alcoholic beverages and Chinese food for sale at the bar. Monday to Friday 6:30pm to 2am; Saturday 2pm to 3am; Sunday 1:30pm to 2am. Room prices vary by size of party. Click here for a full list of prices. Click here for directions.
- Glitter Karaoke in Midtown | Tuesday to Saturday | No Cover – Looking for an out of the ordinary night of dinner and drinks? Hit Glitter Karaoke in Midtown for an upscale karaoke experience that features outdoor seating, takes reservations, features waiter service, and even valet parking. Fair warning: this place gets super packed so it’s likely that you’ll put your song request in and wait a good while before taking the stage. There’s a reason it gets so packed, though…Check out awesome weekly specials like Tacos, Tamales, and Alcohol on Tuesdays, Steaks & Buckets on Wednesdays, Chef Pop-Ups on Burger Thursdays, and a live DJ on Fridays (no karaoke). They even have awesome monthly’s –every fourth Saturday of the month, check out Beats BBQ Brews for a set by DJ Seek, finger licking BBQ from Blood Bros BBQ, and $4 brews from Buffalo Bayou Brewery. Tuesday 7pm to 2am; Wednesday to Saturday 8pm to 2am. No Karaoke on Fridays as there are live DJ sets throughout the evening. Dress code (which is dressy) is enforced on the weekends. Click here for directions.
- Industry Night Karaoke at Rudyard’s in Montrose | Every Tuesday | No Cover – Sing and perform all of your favorite songs while enjoying Industry Specials including $3 Fireball and Strawberry Lemonade shots, $2.50 Montauk and T.W. Samuels Whiskey drinks, $4 Death Door Gin drinks and more. The laid-back vibe of this karaoke night fits in perfectly at this British pub that seconds as a live-music landmark to the local music community. Make sure to grab a Rudz Burger while you’re there –You’ll thank us later. Guests must be 21 and older to attend. Each karaoke event begins at 10pm; if there is an event, it begins at 11pm. Click here for directions.
- Karaoke at the Secret Group in EaDo | Every Wednesday | No Cover – Have a night out with friends, drinks, and plenty of music when The Secret Group hosts their weekly karaoke night in the heart of East Downtown. Located at 2101 Polk Street, the multipurpose comedy club/venue features 18 beers and cold brew nitrogenated coffee on tap, a full bar, a small wine selection, a stunning rooftop patio, and hosts food trucks outside the venue occasionally. The size of the crowd for this event varies by week, but the good news is that it’s never long before it’s your turn to take the stage. Guests must be 18 and older to attend. 9:30pm. Click here for directions.
- Award Winning Karaoke & Karaoke Latino at Guava Lamp in Montrose | Every Wednesday & Thursday | No Cover – Sing to your heart’s content or just be a spectator while enjoying drink specials at the Award Winning Karaoke night every Wednesday at the LGBT-friendly nightclub, Guava Lamp. On Thursdays, you can sing/hear all your favorite Latin hits from artists like Shakira, Celia Cruz, and Selena at their special Karaoke Latino night. Although the Thursday event will be hosted in Spanish, songs in English are welcome, too. Guests must be 21 and older to attend. Karaoke sign-up begins at 9pm; Karaoke starts at 10pm for both nights. Click here for directions.
- Weekly Karaoke at PJ’s Sports Bar in Montrose | Every Wednesday & Friday | No Cover – This old-school watering hole built out of a converted house in Montrose is the perfect “come as you are” environment for those itching to ease into karaoke. The karaoke nights are unpredictable, but always glorious and great for those with nerves that aren’t ready for the big stage. Whether you’re a regular or you’re here for the first time, you’ll get to know the friendly bartenders and patrons that add to the charm/atmosphere of this Neartown mainstay that’s been open since 1994. If you work up an appetite performing, order one of their pizzas and hit the outside patio for extra points. 9pm both days. Click here for directions.