Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, July 19 to Sunday, July 23, 2017.
Also in July 2017
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Wednesday, July 19, 2017
- Sundown at The Grove – Experience this festival-like event with music, food, beer and wine, and giveaways on the rooftop patio at The Grove. Tickets are $20. 5:30pm to 8pm.
- Dynamo Watch Party & Cornhole Night at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Cheer on the Houston Dynamo as they take on Minnesota United and enjoy a round of cornhole with friends at Under the Radar Brewery. 7pm to 10pm.
- G-Dragon in Concert at Toyota Center – South Korean rapper, singer-songwriter, and record producer G-Dragon comes to town to play at the Toyota Center. Tickets start at $65.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8pm.
- High Spirits in Concert at Walter’s Downtown – Experience a performance from the high energy Chicago-based band, High Spirits, with openers Bible Of The Devil and The Satanic Overlords Of Rock at Walter’s Downtown. Tickets are $10. 8pm.
- Karaoke at The Secret Group | No Cover – Have a night out with friends, drinks, and music as The Secret Group venue and bar hosts a karaoke night every Wednesday. 9:30pm.
- Reggae Night at The Flat | No Cover – Hear DJ Fiyah Rama spin reggae, roots, and dance hall tunes all night long while having a cocktail at The Flat. 10pm.
Thursday, July 20, 2017
- Happy Hour Thursdays at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | No Cover – Bring your friends to a museum-style happy hour and enjoy the exhibitions, bites from food trucks, and specialty cocktails at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. 5pm to 8pm.
- Summer Social at The Manor in The Houstonian – Celebrate Houston chefs, great food, and wine at The Houstonian. Each chef will create delectable fare reflecting the restaurants on property, paired with delicious wine selections such as ZD and Keenan Cabernets, Miner, Beringer Private Reserve, and Cakebread Chardonnays. Tickets are $75 per person. 6pm.
- Drag Queen Bingo at Retrospect Coffee Bar | No Cover – Sip on coffee, beer or wine while watching performances from fabulous local drag queens and play bingo for prizes at the new Retrospect Coffee Bar right next to Axelrad. 6pm.
- Parks and Rec Tribute Night at D & T Drive Inn | No Cover – Treat yo self to this Parks and Rec-themed night and test your knowledge of the popular TV show with a trivial game at D&T Drive Inn. 6pm to 10pm.
- ¡Colombia! Independence Day Fiesta at Axelrad | No Cover – Head to the Axelrad beer garden as they host Colombia’s 207th birthday party and enjoy DJs spinning Cumbia, Porro, Gaita, and vintage tropical sounds along with Colombia-inspired drinks. 8pm to 11pm.
- Sparky Parker Band in Concert at Belle Station | No Cover – Jam out to the blues rock musician, Sparky Parker, and his band while taking advantage of drink specials at Belle Station in Midtown. 8pm.
- Futurama Trivia Night at Drink of Ages Pub | No Cover – Enjoy beer specials, prizes, and show off your knowledge on the classic animated TV show, Futurama, at Drink of Ages Pub. 8pm to 11pm.
- Latin Thursdays at Belvedere Lounge in Uptown – Mix and mingle with the fashionably dressed at the lounge and nightclub inside Uptown Park. The popular weekly series features tunes by DJ Little Martin and DJ Pollo. DJ Mishka spins on the patio and there will be live saxophone by Eddie Akmetchine. Cover may vary. 9pm.
- Danielle Nicole Band in Concert at The Continental Club – Kansas City-based soul singer Danielle Nicole hits the stage with her band at The Continental Club in Midtown. Tickets are $10. 10pm.
Friday, July 21, 2017
- Mixers & Elixirs at Houston Museum of Natural Science – Don’t miss your chance to mingle with the dinosaurs, as the museum opens up for a night of music, dancing, cocktails, food trucks, and fun. Tickets are $25; $15 for museum members. 7pm to 10pm.
- Nakia & The Blues Grifters in Concert at 8th Wonder Brewery | No Cover – Austin-based, Alabama-raised singer-songwriter Nakia hits the stage with his band the Blues Grifters at 8th Wonder Brewery. 7pm to 10pm.
- Wade Bowen in Concert at Big Texas Dance Hall & Saloon – Catch Waco native country singer Wade Bowen perform at the Big Texas Dance Hall & Saloon in Spring. Tickets are $15 and $20 for minors. Doors at 7pm.
- Summer Music Festival: Libby Koch in Concert at Four Seasons Hotel Houston | No Cover – Enjoy a live music performance from singer-songwriter Libby Koch, $5 beers, and poolside games for the Summer Music Festival series at the Four Seasons Hotel in Downtown. 7pm to 10pm.
- Travis Tritt in Concert at Arena Theatre – The CMA and Grammy Award-winning country star comes to the Arena Theatre to play favorite tunes from his string of platinum albums and Top 10 singles, including “Country Club,” “Anymore,” “Here’s a Quarter” and more. Tickets range from $25.50 to $65.50 but you may find limited discounted tickets for $24.50.
- VaudeVillian in Concert at Dan Electro’s Guitar Bar – Watch the psychedelic Southern Rock band VaudeVillian with opener Bernie Pink at Dan Electro’s Guitar Bar. Tickets are $8. 9pm.
- Midnight Madness: I Know What You Did Last Summer Screening at River Oaks Theatre – Get spooked and watch the ’90s horror film I Know What You Did Last Summer at this special midnight screening at River Oaks Theatre. Tickets are $11. Midnight.
Saturday, July 22, 2017
- HCDP Pride Celebration at Hamburger Mary’s | FREE with RSVP – Celebrate the work done in the LGBTQIA+ community this year with The Harris County Democratic Party and activists in the community by enjoying performances, appetizers, a cash bar, and door prizes at Hamburger Mary’s. This event is free to attend with RSVP. 2pm to 6pm.
- Sangria’s & Sisterhood at Aloft Houston Downtown – Join the Houston Socialites Sisterhood for a day of networking, uplifting, empowerment, and shopping at Aloft Houston Downtown. Enjoy unlimited sangria’s, makeup classes, a live DJ, hair tips, a comedy show, and door prizes. Tickets are $25. 3pm to 6pm.
- Shawn Mendes in Concert at Toyota Center – Catch a live performance from pop star Shawn Mendes at the Toyota Center. Tickets start at $47.50, but you may find cheaper of better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7:30pm.
- Comedy Show Happy Hour with Shaun Jones of at Grooves Houston – Help yourself to an evening of laughter and awesome drink specials when comedian Shaun Jones and other special guests take the stage of Grooves of Houston. Tickets are $15, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $9. 8pm.
- International Saturdays at Belvedere Lounge in Uptown – Mix and mingle with the fashionably dressed at the lounge and nightclub inside Uptown Park, with tunes spun by DJ ND. Cover may vary. Call 713-426-5840 to make a table reservation. 9pm.
- DJ Shaun Frank at Stereo Live – Canadian producer, DJ, and EDM musician Shaun Frank hits the stage at the nightclub, Stereo Live for a night of dancing and partying. Tickets are TBA. 9pm.
- CSz presents Aladdin: Unscripted Adult Improv Show – Disney’s Aladdin gets a late-night, not-for-the-kiddies comedy twist in ComedySportz’s Aladdin: Unscripted, a bawdy musical parody that turns audience suggestions into an unpredictable show. Full price tickets are $14, but limited comped (you just pay a ticking fee) and discounted $7.50 tickets are available for most shows. 10:30pm.
Sunday, July 23, 2017
- Screwed Up Sunday at 8th Wonder Brewery – The 3rd Annual Screwed Up Sunday pays homage to the creator of the iconic art and sound of ‘chopped and screwed’, DJ Screw, with an art show and live music at 8th Wonder Brewery. Tickets are $20 in advance and $30 the day off. 11am to 6pm.
- Swing Rendezvous at MKT Bar – Enjoy this Gypsy Jazz Brunch featuring tunes you can dance to by Swing Rendezvous at MKT Bar in Downtown. No cover charge. Menu items sold a la carte. Noon to 3pm.
- SNBRN in Concert at Clé Houston – Enjoy the summery sounds of house musician SNBRN while sipping cocktails by the pool at Clé Houston Lounge. Fashionable poolside attire is required. Tickets are $11. 2pm to 8pm.
- Heart & Soul: Blaze the Mic at Guava Lamp – Watch a mix of singers, visual artists, spoken word artists and more while jamming out to R&B and soul music from DJ Loqi at Guava Lamp. Tickets are $10. 5pm to 8pm.
- 8th Wonder Comedy Hour at The Secret Group – 8th Wonder Brewery presents a comedy hour with local comedian Bob Biggerstaff at The Secret Group. Admission Cover charge is $5. $10 gets you a souvenir 8th Wonder Brewery pint glass. 6pm.
- DJ Shadow at House of Blues – Dance all night long when the record producer and disc jockey, DJ Shadow, hits the stage at House of Blues. Tickets start at $25. 7pm.
- Cymbals Eat Guitars in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Rock out to the indie band Cymbals Eat Guitars with openers, Palo Duro at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $10. 7pm.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Trinity Taylor at Scandalo Nite Club – See a performance from Season 9 finalist of RuPaul’s Drag Race Trinity Taylor along with performances by local drag queens at the LGBT-friendly venue Scandalo Nite Club. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.