Make the most of your week with our top 14 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, July 3 to Sunday, July 9, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Also in July 2017
Celebrate Independence Day, go to a festival dedicated to bacon, enjoy a staycation in Downtown, shop for folk art at a monthly market and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 14 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Disney’s The Lion King at The Hobby Center | Daily (Except Independence Day, Tuesday, July 4) – Disney’s iconic film The Lion King comes to life with more than 230 puppets and all your favorite songs in this Tony Award-winning musical now playing at The Hobby Center. Tickets start at $50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Showtimes vary.
- Steve Earle & The Dukes in Concert at House of Blues | Monday, July 3 – Enjoy a concert of country tunes when singer-songwriter Steve Earle and his band The Dukes perform at House of Blues with opening act The Mastersons. Tickets start at $30. 7pm.
- Ultimate Mega Fest Cooler Fete at Hobby Event Center | Monday, July 3 – Bring your own cooler and booze (no glass containers) to the Hobby Event Center where you’ll dance to reggae and soca music all night long. Tickets start at $30. 7pm to 4am.
- Village People in Concert at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Monday, July 3 | FREE – Sing along to hits like “Y.M.C.A.” and “Macho Man” when the Disco Kings take the stage at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 8:30pm.
- 4th of July Events Around Houston | Monday, July 3 and Independence Day, Tuesday, July 4 – Celebrate Independence Day at parades, fireworks shows, festivals, concerts and more. Times, locations, and prices vary.
- Great American BBQ Chow Down at Christian’s Tailgate Bar & Grill Downtown | Independence Day, Tuesday, July 4 – Spend your July 4th chowing down on plates of BBQ and sipping on $10 buckets of Lone Star in support of The Gary J Lynn Foundation and the Memorial Hermann TIRR Robotics Building. 1pm to 5pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Montreal Impact at BBVA Compass Stadium | Wednesday, July 5 – Cheer on the Dynamo as they play Montreal in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $24, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7:30pm.
- Sundown at The Grove in Downtown | Starts Wednesday, July 5 – The Grove’s popular weekly happy hour beer and food pairing series is back this summer, kicking off with 8th Wonder Brewery. $20. 5:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Frida Khalo’s 110th Birthday Celebration at Cuchara Restaurant | Thursday, July 6 – Get in on the fun when East End Studio Gallery hosts this birthday bash for Frida Khalo featuring Frida-themed Mexican Bingo, drinks, and food at Cuchara. Loteria cards start at $40 for all-night play. 6pm to 9pm.
- Roger Waters in Concert at Toyota Center | Thursday, July 6 – Pink Floyd co-founder Roger Waters will rock the stage at the Toyota Center on his Us + Them Tour playing songs from Pink Floyd and his latest solo album. Tickets start at $55, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8pm.
- Harlem Globetrotters at NRG Arena | Saturday, July 8 – Catch the Harlem Globetrotters perform their world-famous basketball tricks at NRG before they dunk out of Houston and head to their next city. Tickets start at $19, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 2pm and 7pm.
- The Rose Shrimp Boil in Pasadena Convention Center and Municipal Fairgrounds | Saturday, July 8 – Support the work of breast health care organization The Rose at this family-friendly shrimp boil with live music, an auction, kid’s activities and more at The Pasadena Convention Center and Municipal Fairgrounds. Tickets start at $10. 4pm to 8pm.
- The Market at Sawyer Yards | Saturday, July 8 – Shop a curated selection of specialty foods, folk art, and artisan crafts during this evening market hosted by The Washington Avenue Arts District. 6pm to 10pm.
- Houston Staycation & Travel Workshop at The Whitehall | Saturday, July 8 and Sunday, July 9 – Escape your day-to-day duties without having to leave Houston when you opt for a staycation at The Whitehall complete with a pool party, breakfast, a travel workshop led by travel author Deidre Mathis and a copy of her book Wanderlust: For the Young, Broke Professional. $265. Check-in at 3pm; check-out at 1pm.
You can also search our interactive event calendar by date, location, and category.
Be sure to subscribe to our free daily email and weekend planner emails and receive our picks for great things to do in Houston in your inbox daily or once a week.
Click here to sign up.