Toast to the long Independence Day Weekend with friends at a local bar, a BBQ eating contest, a dance party, a pub crawl and more.
Start planning your patriotic weekend now with our list of top 4th of July 2017 events for adults around Greater Houston.
Top 4th of July Weekend 2017 Events for Adults around Greater Houston
- Red, White, & Boom Party at Stats Sports Bar & Grill | Friday, June 30 | No Cover – The Stats Sports Bar in Northwest Houston hosts a 4th of July party with DJ Ray spinning the hits and drink specials all night long. 8pm.
- Free Independence Craft Beer With a Haircut at Birds Barbershop in The Heights | Beginning Saturday, July 1 – In celebration of the debut of your choice of three Independence brews with your haircut, Birds is giving away limited edition koozies in July while supplies last. Hours vary by day of the week.
- The Holiday Hip Hop Brunch at Up & Down Lounge | Saturday, July 1 – Nosh and sip drinks to old-school and new-school beats then get out there on the floor, or hit up the karaoke area and let your heart sing. Get your holiday weekend started with a bubbly afternoon full of dancing, dining, and fun. Tickets start at $7 but you may find comp tickets. Noon to 4pm.
- Freedom, Flags & Fannies Pub Crawl in Midtown | Saturday, July 1 – Get a group of friends together and meet up at Pub Fiction for this 4th of July weekend Pub Crawl where you can participate in patriotic games for prizes. All proceeds will go to the Boot Campaign. Tickets are $5. 3pm to 6pm.
- Local Brews, Local Grooves Craft Beer & Music Festival at House of Blues | Saturday, July 1 – What’s more patriotic than raising a local beer to a local band? House of Blues’ annual event is spilling out into an outdoor stage at GreenStreet this year. Expect 20 local craft breweries, with more than 50 beers and rare releases to taste, plus 13 local bands, brew-inspired pub food pairings, and more. Tickets start at $15. 3pm to 10pm.
- Red, White & Brews at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, July 1 | No Cover – Pack up your lawn chairs and head to the Sugar Land Town Square Plaza to indulge in light bites and brews from Baker Street and live country music from the Tribute to George Strait. 7pm to 9pm.
- Red, White & Brew Bash at Howl at the Moon | Saturday, July 1 – Celebrate America’s birthday with plenty of drink specials, dancing, live entertainment, giveaways and more at Howl at the Moon in Midtown. Free admission when you wear red, white, and blue. 7pm.
- IndepenDANCE Day at Metropolis | Sunday, July 2 – Dance the night away for this 4th of July-themed party with drink specials, hookah, and Norteño and Banda music at the Latin Metropolis night club. 9pm.
- Kevin Fowler in Concert at Big Texas Dance Hall & Saloon | Monday, July 3 – Sing along to “Hell Yeah, I Like Beer” when the country singer-songwriter Kevin Fowler hits the stage for a 4th of July bash at the Big Texas Dance Hall & Saloon in Spring. Tickets are $17.50 for adults and $25 for minors. Doors at 7pm and show at 10:45pm.
- QUEERdependence SLAY: A Dance Party for All at White Oak Music Hall | Monday, July 3 – Everyone is welcome to strike a pose, shantay, and sashay at this 4th of July LGBTQ dance party at White Oak Music Hall. Cover charge is $10. 10pm.
Fourth of July, Tuesday, July 4, 2017
- July 4th Brunch at Lucille’s – Spend 4th of July day eating a festive, Southern brunch at Lucille’s with dishes like Country Eggs Benedict, Fried Fish & Eggs, and Lucille’s signature Chili Biscuits. 10am to 3pm.
- July 4th Lunch & Happy Hour at Chama Gaúcha Brazilian Steakhouse – Chama Gaúcha offers up their traditional tableside lunch service along with the a la carte menu in the bar and outdoor patio for their July 4th all day long Happy Hour. 11:30am to 4pm.
- Fourth of July Celebration at Kemah Boardwalk | No Cover – Hear the sounds of the waves and see a firework show as you walk around the shops, restaurants, and bars at the Kemah Boardwalk. Open all day. Firework show begins at 9:30pm.
- Great American BBQ Chow Down at Christian’s Tailgate Downtown – Celebrate America’s Independence with some great BBQ, beer, friends and help raise money for The Gary J Lynn Foundation benefiting the Memorial Hermann TIRR Robotics Building. BBQ plates can be purchased for $15; Lonestar buckets will be $10. 1pm to 5pm.
- 4th Of Ju-Luau at Drink of Ages Pub | No Cover – The Drink of Ages Pub hosts a luau-themed 4th of July party with fruity cocktails, a pig roast, and even a fireworks show at the end of the night. 4pm to 10pm.
- Buffalo Trace Antique Collection release at Reserve 101 | No Cover – Reserve 101 hosts its annual release of Buffalo Trace Antique Collection & Van Winkle. It will be first come, first served while supplies last. 5pm.
- July 4th with Tacodeli at Platypus Brewing | No Cover – Join Tacodeli and Platypus Brewing as they host a 4th of July party where you can enjoy beer, wine, live music, food, a kid-friendly area, and a view of the Freedom Over Texas fireworks.