Salute the stars this 4th of July Weekend with our list of top family-friendly events around Greater Houston from Saturday, July 1 to Tuesday, July 4, 2017.
Learn about our country’s history, watch an outdoor concert or marvel at beautiful fireworks displays at these events kids and adults, alike can enjoy.
- 4th of July Weekend at City Centre | Saturday, July 1 to Independence Day, Tuesday, July 4 | FREE – CityCentre hosts a 4-day 4th of July weekend filled with concerts, family fun, and a firework show on Tuesday. Saturday to Monday 7pm to 10pm. Sunday 7pm to 11pm.
Saturday, July 1, 2017
- Houston Independence 8K at Meyerland Plaza – Participate in Houston’s Independence 8K course, a fast, scenic course that follows along Brays Bayou and begins and ends at Meyerland Plaza. Join in the fun after the race with food, drinks, music and more for the whole family. Registration is $40 for the adults 8K and $15 for the Kids K. 7:30am.
- The Katy Freedom Celebration at Katy Mills Mall | FREE – The Katy community hosts their annual Freedom Celebration with a morning program featuring activities hosted by the Katy Fire Department, and Katy Parks & Recreation Department from 9am to 1pm. The evening is set to include fireworks and live music and will be held near Typhoon Texas and Katy Mills Mall. 8pm to 11pm.
- Independence Day: Fireworks & Concert at Kings Harbor | FREE – Bring your blankets and lawn chairs over to the pier at Kings Harbor for a concert by The Spinsations and a firework show in Kingwood. 7pm to 10pm.
Sunday, July 2, 2017
- Independence Day Celebration at Traders Village – Head to the Traders Village outdoor flea market and enjoy local booths, food vendors, live music and more for their Independence Day Celebration. Free to attend, but parking is $4. Noon to 4pm.
- Fulshear Freedom Festival in Downtown Fulshear | FREE – Bring the whole family over to the Fulshear Freedom Festival to enjoy music from the ’80s new wave band The Spazmatics, children’s activities, fireworks, shopping, food, and a parade featuring the DeLorean from Back to the Future. 6pm to 9pm.
Monday, July 3, 2017
- Houston Symphony: Star-Spangled Salute at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | No Cover – Head over to the Woodlands to see the Houston Symphony perform all of your favorite patriotic songs. 6:30pm.
Independence Day, Tuesday, July 4, 2017
- Kidpendence Day at Children’s Museum – Wear red, white, and blue and celebrate the 4th of July with activities and a firework show at the Children’s Museum of Houston. Tickets are $12. All day.
- Fourth of July Celebration at Kemah Boardwalk | No Cover – Take the kiddos to enjoy the rides and games at the Kemah Boardwalk along with live music and patriotic fireworks along the Galveston Bay at starting at 9:30pm. This event is free to attend, but rides and games are purchased separately. All day.
- Fourth of July Fireworks at Wet’n’Wild SplashTown – Make a splash with the kids and enjoy a night of fireworks, music, games and more at Wet’n’Wild SplashTown in Spring. Tickets start at $38.99 for adults and $32.99 for kids. 7am to 9pm.
- July 4: An American Tradition at George Ranch Historical Park – Enjoy this fun-filled day of history-themed games, a reading of the Declaration of Independence, a hot dog feast, a scavenger hunt, and even a cobbler eating contest at George Ranch Historical Park. Tickets are $10 for adults; $9 for seniors ages 62 and up; $5 for children ages 5 to 15. Free admission for Children under 4. 9am.
- July 4th Parade and Festival at Bellaire Town Square – The City of Bellaire hosts a 4th of July parade at 9:30am and then a superhero-themed festival at the Bellaire Town Square beginning at 10am. Dress like your favorite hero and enjoy the parades, carnival games and rides, a petting zoo and more. 9:30am to 1pm.
- Salute To America, Texan Style in Friendswood – This 4th of July Texan-themed celebration will feature entertainment from Bee Gees Gold, food, amusement rides, game booths, a parade and a firework finale show in the city of Friendswood. Tickets start at $15. An amusement ride pass starts at $10. 10am to 9:30pm.
- 4th of July Celebration at Bayou Bend | FREE – The annual 4th of July festival at Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens offers up an extravaganza of Americana with performers, crafts, activities, refreshments and more. Noon to 4pm.
- Freedom Over Texas at Eleanor Tinsley Park and Sam Houston Park – Celebrate the 4th of July with live music from DNCE, fun family activities, a patriotic tribute by the United States Air Force Band of the West, and stunning fireworks at Eleanor Tinsley and Sam Houston Park. Tickets range from $5 to $10. Children under 5 get in free. 4pm to 10pm.
- 4th Fest at Pasadena Convention Center | No Cover – Spend 4th of July in Pasadena and experience a 20-minute fireworks show, live music, a car show, a Kidzone, a BBQ Cook-off, games, sports and more. 4pm to 10pm.
- Star Spangled Spectacular in Sugar Land | FREE – Celebrate America’s birthday with the city of Sugar Land and enjoy live music, activity booths, food vendors, and a patriotic firework show to end the evening. 5pm to 10pm.
- Red, Hot & Blue Festival & Fireworks Extravaganza at Town Green Park | FREE – Join The Woodlands community at the Annual Red, Hot and Blue Festival that will feature vendor booths, food, children’s activities, entertainment on multiple stages, and a huge firework show at Town Green Park and Waterway Square. 6pm to 10pm.
- 4th of July Fireworks Festival at New Territory Sports Complex Soccer Fields – The New Territory Parks and Recreation hosts its annual July 4th Fireworks Festival with family-friendly activities, a petting zoo, rides, live music, food, and fireworks in Sugar Land. 6pm to 10pm.
- 178th City of Galveston Celebration Independence Day Parade and Fireworks | FREE – Galveston Island hosts its annual Independence Day with a parade featuring a procession of floats, decorated military vehicles, and performers. 7:30pm to 10pm.