Show love and appreciation for your dad this Father’s Day by treating him to a show, a baseball game, or spending time at one of his favorite places.
Whether you’re packing your day full of activities that he loves, or planning to have brunch before he takes the rest of the day to play golf, scroll down to see our list of things to do this Father’s Day weekend in Houston between Thursday, June 15 to Father’s Day, Sunday, June 18, 2017.
What to Do in Houston on Father’s Day 2017
All Weekend Long
- Jurrasic Park Film with Live Orchestra at Jones Hall | Thursday and Friday – Experience one of the most thrilling science fiction adventures ever made, Jurrasic Park, projected in HD with the Houston Symphony performing John Williams’ magnificent score live. Perfect for the Spielberg fanatic father. Tickets start at $23. 7:30pm both days.
- Houston Astros vs. Boston Red Sox at Minute Maid Park | Friday to Sunday – Get loud for the ‘Stros as they hit the field to play against the Boston Red Sox at Minute Maid Park in a three-game series. Enjoy a special Father’s Day-themed fireworks and music show after the game. Tickets start at $22. Friday 7:10pm; Saturday 7:15pm; Sunday 1:10pm.
- Galveston Cajun Festival at Kempner Park | Friday to Sunday – Celebrate your old man at this fired-up Father’s Day Weekend festival, which rocks live music, crawfish and Cajun eats, and family-fun. Tickets are $10 per adult and $5 for kids (3 to 15) and 3-day passes are available for $25. Friday 5pm to 10pm; Saturday and Sunday 11am to 7pm.
- Dad’s Day at Tilt Studio | Saturday and Sunday – Help your old man feel like a kid again at Tilt Studio in Katy Mills Mall when you buy one attraction and get one attraction (of equal or lesser value) free for dad. 10am to 7pm each day.
Thursday, June 15, 2017
- Third Thursdays: Father’s Day Edition on 19th Street | FREE – Enjoy this Father’s Day edition of Third Thursdays on 19th Street: Sip Suds & Stroll. Honor dad with an evening of craft brews from local breweries, 19th Street shops, eats, and fun in the Heights. 5pm to 9pm.
- Blanket Bingo at Market Square Park – Bring your blanket, lawn chairs or snag one of the tables at the park for a night of music, great prizes and of course, bingo. $10 admission includes one bingo packet (approx 9 games). Additional games and daubers can be purchased for $1 each. 6pm.
Friday, June 16, 2017
- Workshop: Yoga at CAMH | FREE – Help the father in your life relax and join the Contemporary Arts Museum for a 60-minute breath-based yoga flow class. You may bring your own mat, towel, and water. All levels are welcome. 9:30am to 10:30am.
- Gala Sportsmans Dinner Evening at Doubletree by Hilton Downtown – The Houston Red Army and Bayou City Blues host this evening Gala with proceeds benefiting the Curing Children’s Cancer Fund. Manchester United legend Norman Whiteside and Chelsea Football Club’s second all-time goalscorer Bobby Tambling will be speaking as you enjoy a dinner, a raffle, and a silent auction. Tickets are $135 ($50 deposit required) and seating is limited. 6:30pm.
- Heart By Heart in Concert at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Watch Heart by Heart, a band that pays tribute to the iconic rock band Heart at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 8:30pm.
- ’80s Night at The Concert Pub North | No Cover – Make your dad feel the nostalgia of the ’80s as Houston’s own The Spicoli, a ’80s cover dance band, plays hits from Prince, Madonna, George Michael and more at The Concert Pub North. 9:30pm.
Saturday, June 17, 2017
- Father’s Day Celebration at The Woodland’s Children’s Museum – The Woodland’s Children’s host a Father’s Day Celebration where fathers and children are invited to join forces to build a “Birdie” Bird House. Dads who participate in the activities will be entered into a raffle for a Top Golf-themed gift basket. Tickets are $6. 10am to 2pm.
- Beer for Breakfast Class at Central Market – Indulge your love of beer by learning to incorporate a variety of brews into this morning feast. You’ll cook up a savory jam, bake bite-sized cornmeal treats, create a classic cheese sauce, fry crispy fritters and more at Central Market’s Cooking School. $65. 10am to 12:30pm.
- Father’s Day Frontier Survival Class at George Ranch Historical Park – Help Dad find his inner pioneer at the Father’s Day Frontier Survival Class, a class where you’ll learn the necessary skills for the Texas prairie and help fire off the cannon at the George Ranch Historical Park. This workshop is $10 per person. There will be a class at 11am, 1:30pm, and 2:30pm.
- Inaugural Daddy Daughter Dance at Grooves Restaurant and Lounge – Trill Mgmt, The Big Tho, and DJ Eric Show of 97.9 The Box invites father’s and their daughters for a dance contest, a red carpet, giveaways, a photo booth, and more at Grooves Restaurant. Tickets are $40 for a father and a daughter; $55 for a father and two daughters. 4pm to 8pm.
- Dad’s Day 5K in Downtown – Ahead of Father’s Day, this race (available in 1K, 3K, and 5K lengths) begins in Downtown, running along Memorial Drive and back, all in the name of prostate cancer awareness. Registration closes on June 16th (no race day registration available) and costs $35 for adults and $20 for children. 7:30pm.
- 1st Street 5K Beer Run at No Label Brewing – For dads who love both exercise and craft beer, this pre-Father’s Day 5k Beer Run will feature both, starting and finishing at No Label Brewing in Katy. $45 to register; $10 for the afternoon tasting. 7:30pm.
- Sgt Pepper’s at 50 with the Fab 40 at Discovery Green | FREE – The iconic Beatles album turns 50 this month. Mark the occasion as more than 40 Bayou City musicians recreate it note for note in this spectacular crowd-pleasing concert in the heart of Downtown. 8pm.
Father’s Day, Sunday, June 18, 2017
- Burgers & Beer For Dad at Liberty Kitchen & Oyster Bar – Celebrate Father’s Day at all Liberty Kitchen locations and your pops will get a complimentary Liberty Burger and a craft draft pull. The rest of the family can enjoy loaded blackened seafood hush puppies for $7, cowboy surfers ‘BRC Coop-Style’, and a donut bowl for $13. All day.
- Father’s Day at Flying Saucer Draught Emporium – This Father’s Day, Flying Saucer in Sugar Land offers a steak and eggs special, as well as a cellared bottle menu just for dads. All day.
- Dadfest 2017 at Grace Church Houston | No Cover – Celebrate Father’s Day by bringing dad to eat BBQ and to see classic, sports cars, and trucks at this car show at Grace Church Houston. 9am to 1:30pm.
- Father’s Day Brunch at Hotel Galvez – Let Hotel Galvez treat your old man to a complimentary glass of Galveston Island Brewing’s TIKI Wheat craft beer at their Father’s Day Sunday Brunch. Brunch is $42.99 for adults, $37.99 for seniors, $26.99 for children (6 to 11), and children under 6 receive complimentary entry. 10:30am.
- Father’s Day Out at Traders Village | No Cover – Bring the whole family out to the outdoor market, Traders Village, and celebrate dad with a concert, food vendors, a car show and more. No cover; parking is $4. Noon to 5pm.
- Father’s Day Crawfish Sunday Finale at Southern Star Brewing Company – Take dad to enjoy a crawfish feast as crawfish season comes to an end at Southern Star Brewing Company. The Cajun Station Food Truck will be serving the mud bugs while you enjoy a day of cold beer, live music, painting classes and more. Crawfish is $6.99 per pound and includes corn, potatoes, and dipping sauce. Boiled shrimp is $13.99 per pound. Noon to 8pm.
- Kemah Father’s Day Market | No Cover – Treat dad to a local market with over 20 vendors and lunch from food trucks at this Father’s Day Market at the Kemah Community Center on Galveston Bay. 1pm to 6pm.
- Father’s Day Pig Roast at Revival Market – This Heights cafe and market will be roasting a whole pig and serving plates featuring pulled pork, three sides, dessert, and a drink wristband (good for beer). Pre-sale tickets are $25 each and can be purchased in store or via phone. $30 each at the door. 2pm to 5pm.
- Father’s Day Backyard Cookout at Brenner’s Steakhouse on the Bayou – Let Brenner’s Steakhouse do the cooking for dad at this special Father’s Day Backyard Cookout. The menu will include a 20 oz Porterhouse steak with a loaded potato and a salad for $30, an 8oz sirloin steak for the kiddos for $15, and $5 Stella Artois. Good vibes and live music will be provided the David Caceres Band until 7pm. 3pm until sunset.
- Father’s Day Highland Park Whiskey Tasting at Reserve 101 – Join Reserve 101 for a special Father’s Day Whiskey Tasting with Highland Park Whiskey. This tasting will feature Limited Edition Fire 15 year old, Limited Edition Ice 17 year old, 12 year and dark origins. $55 per person. 5pm to 8pm.