Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, June 7 to Sunday, June 11, 2017.
Also in June 2017
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Saint Arnold 23rd Anniversary at Saint Arnold Brewing Company | Saturday and Sunday – Help Houston’s oldest brewery celebrate 23 years of beers, starting with an all-out party on Saturday. On Sunday, guests can hit the Special Rare Cellar Tasting, boasting a wide range of one-of-a-kind selections and aged beauties pulled from deep within the belly of the brewery. Tickets for Saturday are $10 for admission or $35 for the Saint Package. Tickets for Sunday are $60. Saturday 4pm to 11pm; Sunday 2pm to 4:30pm.
Wednesday, June 7, 2017
- Purple Legend Poetry Show at Houston Public Library | No Cover – See local poets performing in honor of the legendary musician Prince along with artist Femme Blaicaaso doing a live painting of Prince and DJ Ol Skool spinning hits like “1999” and “Kiss” at the Houston Public Library. 6pm to 9pm.
- Summer Wine Event at Fuego’s Saloon – Fuego’s Saloon will feature a complimentary tasting of a different group of wines the first Wednesday of every month this Summer. In addition to getting a taste of seasonal wine suggestions, they will also offer 1/2 price deals on all flavors of their jumbo wings, as well as Bombshell Blonde pint specials and Tito’s vodka specials. 6pm.
- Prince Vinyl Night at MKT Bar | No Cover – Celebrate the music and the birthday of Prince at MKT Bar as DJ Mr. Chris spins nothing but Prince and Prince-written tunes on vinyl. 7pm to 10pm.
- Date With A Night: Dj Grrrl Parts & Dj Brandon Duhon at Etro Lounge | No Cover – Join Dj Grrrl Parts and Dj Brandon Duhon as the spin everything from dance to indie tunes every Wednesday at the LGBT-friendly nightclub Etro Lounge. 10pm.
Thursday, June 8, 2017
- Pop-Up Happy Hour at The Dunlavy | No Cover – Relax after a long day and enjoy specialty priced boutique wines, cocktails, and bar bites for this Pop-Up Happy Hour at The Dunlavy. 2pm to 8pm.
- Opening Reception: A Treatise on Love and Whispers at Samara Gallery | FREE – Samara Gallery presents two solo exhibitions, A Treatise on Love by artist Ann Marie Vancas and Whispers by artist Maryam Lavaf. Both artists are painters that combine the use of color and abstraction for their work. 6pm to 8pm.
- Major League Bocce’s Midtown Thursdays at Bagby Park – Enjoy Thursday evening beers, good times, and a friendly competition while playing Major League Bocce’s Midtown Thursdays at Bagby Park. Registration is $60 per player and is open to individuals or teams. Teams must have at least 5 players, but there is no maximum. 7pm to 10pm.
- Com Truise in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – See synthpop musician Com Truise with opener Roland Tings at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets range from $17 to $22. 8pm.
- Archer Trivia Night at Drink of Ages Pub | No Cover – Show off your knowledge of the adult animated sitcom Archer at this Trivia Night at the Drink of Ages Pub. 8pm to 11pm.
- The Kickback: ’90s R&B & Hip-Hop at Sterling House – DJ Hawk takes you back to the ’90s hip-hop era at the Kickback party at Sterling House. Enjoy hamburgers, hot dogs, jello shots, and be sure to wear your best ’90s attire. 9pm.
- Nakia and the Blues Grifters in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Austin-based, Alabama-raised singer-songwriter Nakia hits the stage with his band the Blues Grifters at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. Tickets are $20 in advance and $22 at the door. 9:30pm.
Friday, June 9, 2017
- Sandy aka Alex G in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Catch the multi-instrumentalist and singer Sandy aka Alex G with openers Japanese Breakfast and Cende at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets range from $13 to $18. 7pm to 8pm.
- Old 97’s in Concert at House of Blues – Dallas-natives the Old 97’s hit the stage with opener Shooter Jennings for a country rock show at House of Blues. Tickets start at $25. 7pm.
- The Pancakes & Booze Art Show at Warehouse Live – The annual underground Pancake & Art Show is back with over 120 emerging artists, live body painting, live music and DJ’s and a pancakes bar at Warehouse Live. Admission Tickets are $7 in advance and $10 at the door. 8pm.
- A Live One in Concert at Last Concert Cafe – Austin-based Phish tribute band A Live One will perform 2 sets at Last Concert Cafe. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door. There will be a set at 10pm and 11:30pm.
- Flux Pavilion at Stereo Live – Dance the night away to EDM and dubstep as Flux Pavilion performs at Stereo Live nightclub. Tickets start at $25. 9pm.
- Hot Mess: A Montrose Social and Dance Party at Grand Prize Bar | No Cover – Join DJ Fredster and DJ Mr. Castillo for a dance party and enjoy a cocktail at the dive bar Grand Prize, in Montrose. 10pm.
Saturday, June 10, 2017
- The Texas Taco, Tequila and Margarita Festival at Preservation Park – Enjoy tasty tacos and refreshing margaritas from local eateries along with live music from Los Skarnales and Jenny and the Mexicats at Preservation Park in Spring. Tickets are $15 and $150 for VIP. 1pm to 11pm.
- The Market at Sawyer Yards | No Cover – The Market at Sawyer Yards is a curated market featuring a mix of artist mediums with a focus on folk art, “maker is the seller,” and artisan crafts, including packaged specialty foods. 6pm to 10pm.
- Pride Bingo at Resurrection Metropolitan Community Church – Show your Pride and get your daubers ready for a fun night of bingo, prizes, and refreshments at the Resurrection Metropolitan Community Church. $10 for 20 games. 6:30pm.
- I Love Love Songs: Jazz & R&B Night at The Alley Kat – Bring a date to The Alley Kat in Midtown for a live band playing jazz and R&B along with a menu featuring steak, catfish, and more. This event is free to attend with RSVP; $20 for one seat; $40 for 2 seats; $60 for a whole table. 8pm.
- Football, Etc. in Concert at Rudyard’s British Pub – The local pop-rock trio Football, Etc. releases their third album, Corners, with a show at Rudyard’s British Pub. Ruiners, Yorick, and Greg Cote & The Real Life Friends open the show. Tickets are $8. 8pm.
- The Fab 5 in Concert at Sambuca | No Cover – Go back in time to hear the timeless music of The Beatles when the tribute band The Fab 5 hits the stage at Sambuca. 8:15pm.
- Piece of Mind at The Hardy & Nance Studios – Feel inspired by local creatives at Piece of Mind, a night featuring poetry readings, live music, art, and live painting at The Hardy & Nance Studios. Tickets are $10 and drinks are complimentary. 9pm.
- The It’s Just Rap Show at Warehouse Live – Hosted by JC Seals III and Dj Blanco, The It’s Just Rap Show will feature local independent artists and comedians at Warehouse Live. Tickets are $10 and $15 the day of. 9pm.
- Prom Night: Disco Expressions in Concert at The Continental Club – Wear your prom attire to this adults-only Prom Night and dance to live music from the Disco Expressions at The Continental Club on Mid Main. Tickets are $15. 10pm.
Sunday, June 11, 2017
- Ancient Cat Society In-Store Performance at Cactus Music | FREE – Fresh off their new album release, the indie folk band Ancient Cat Society hits the stage at Cactus Music for a special performance. Hear tunes, shop for vinyl records, and have a complimentary refreshment from Saint Arnold’s Brewery. 3pm to 4pm.
- Texas’ First Annual Poké Showdown at Bar Bleu – Participating local restaurants, including Moku Bar, Wokker Texas Ranger, RA Sushi, and more, will be creating never-before-seen poké for this one night only Poké Showdown at Bar Bleu in Rice Village. Tickets are $30 and $40 for VIP. 6pm to 10pm.
- Geeks Who Drink at Lowbrow | No Cover – Join Geeks Who Drink, an organization that hosts pub trivia quiz nights all over the country, on Sundays at Lowbrow Houston. 6pm to 9pm.
- Metallica in Concert at NRG Stadium – Rock out to the legendary heavy metal band Metallica for their WorldWired tour at NRG Stadium. Tickets start at $55. 6pm.