Commemorate Cinco de Mayo 2017 as the fifth approaches with a weekend full of celebrations, cervezas, margaritas, and Mexican food all over the city.
Take part in all of this year’s revelry with our list of top Cinco de Mayo festivities and events between Cinco de Mayo, Friday, May 5 through Sunday, May 7, 2017.
Cinco de Mayo 2017 Festivities & Events
Cinco de Mayo, Friday, May 5, 2017
- Cinco de Mayo Weekend at El Big Bad – Details are TBD, but last year’s fiesta included -320-degree liquid nitrogen frozen margaritas, 12 DJs and musical acts, over 70 different infused tequilas, and daily pop-up markets. Tickets range from $10 to $15. All day.
- Cinco De Mayo at Flying Saucer Downtown – Celebrate this holiday with $3 Ska Mexican Logger, beer margaritas, and $6 taco plates at Flying Saucer Downtown. All day.
- Live Art Show at AG Antiques on West 19th | FREE to Attend – Spend Cinco de Mayo appreciating Mexican art and even a live demonstration by artist Efren Gonzalez, who will be making his work at AG Antiques in the Heights. Noon to 3pm.
- Cinco de Mayo at Eight Row Flint – The modern ice house will be serving up $5 margaritas and palomas and $3 Tecate and Modelo all day long. Happy hour runs from 2pm to 6pm, with $3 tacos stuffed with Gulf shrimp and sesame salsa or braised 44 Farms beef cheek. Noon to midnight.
- Cinco De Gringo at The Phoenix on Westheimer – Party it up gringo-style with a crawfish boil, special Cinco Vodka from San Antonio, and karaoke at The Phoenix on Westheimer. Noon to midnight.
- Cinco de Drinko at Doneraki Restaurant – Hosted by G-Man and Chile of 97.9 the Box, this Cinco de Mayo party will include a Ballet Folklorico performance, giveaways, drink specials, and even a jalapeño eating contest at Doneraki’s in Gulfgate Mall. Cover charge is $5. 3pm to 10pm.
- Cinco de Patio 2 at Revolver Bourbon Social – Head to Revolver Bourbon Social in the Heights for an evening of drink specials on Mexican beers, complimentary Topo Chico, and chihuahua races. 4:30pm.
- Cinco de Mayo ’17 Margarita Throw Down at Hotel Derek – Drink up with this Margarita Throw Down benefitting some of Hotel Derek’s favorite charities. Begin the evening with $1 margaritas and then watch on as the charitable teams let loose to create their best tequila concoctions. The team with the best margarita will win an overnight stay at the hotel and a dinner for two at Revolve Kitchen + Bar. Tickets are $25 per person. 4:30pm to 7pm.
- Cinco de Mayo at The Nightingale Room – Have a tequila cocktail in Downtown and enjoy DJ sets by Gio Chamba, Gracie Chavez, and Felipe Galvan of Los Skarnales at The Nightingale Room. 5pm to 2am.
- Cinco de Mayo Party at Howl at the Moon – Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with your friends by getting a bucket of Cuervo Margaritas and enjoying a live band at Howl at the Moon. 5pm.
- Cinco de Mayo at Historic Market Square | FREE to Attend – Kick off the Cinco de Mayo festivities with live performances by Gio Chamba, Chido Machine and more at Market Square Park in Downtown. 6pm to 10pm.
- Cinco de Mayo at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE to Attend – Bring the whole family and enjoy live music from Tlen-Huicani and Villalobos Brothers at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 7:30pm.
Saturday, May 6, 2017
- Seis de Mayo: Menudo, Pozole, & Birria at La Calle Tacos – Cure that Cinco de Mayo hangover by having all you can eat menudo, pozole, and birria paired with bottomless micheladas and refreshing agua fresca at La Calle Tacos. $12.90 for all you can eat food; $2 for bottomless micheladas; $3.70 for agua frescas. 9am to 10pm.
- LULAC District VIII Cinco de Mayo Parade in Downtown | FREE to Attend – Enjoy Mexican culture as LULAC District 8 and Telemundo Houston present a festive Cinco de Mayo parade at Minute Maid Park in Downtown. 10am.
- Cinco de Cayman Bash at Killen’s Barbecue | FREE – Enjoy a free pairing of Cayman Jack, a handcrafted margarita drink, and lime brisket tacos while you wait in line for Killen’s notoriously delicious ‘cue. The pairing is free (and drinks limited to 21 and up) while supplies last. 11am to 3pm.
- Perro De Mayo: Los Skarnales in Concert at Fitzgerald’s – The local latin band Los Skarnales hits the stage with bands like Grupo Fantasma and more at Fitzgerald’s. 7pm.
Sunday, May 7, 2017
- 12th Annual Cinco De Mayo at Traders Village – Make your way over to Traders Village to celebrate the holiday with an afternoon of live music, food, and family fun with Telemundo Houston, KDMT TV, Channel 47. Enjoy community service exhibits, games and activities for the kiddos, fresh fajitas on the grill, margaritas, cervezas and more. $4 for parking. 11am to 6pm.
- Cinco De Scandalo at Scandalo Nite Club – See a show-stopping performance from the queens of RuPaul’s Drag Race, Jessica Wild and Yara Sofia, and enjoy $2 margaritas, $1 tequila shots and $2 tacos. 7pm to 2am.