Make the most of your week with our top 15 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, May 1 to Sunday, May 7, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Also in May 2017
Compete in a Scrabble tournament for charity, celebrate Cinco de Mayo, check out Star Wars–inspired art, run in a 5k, sing along to songs by Kings of Leon, participate in a 21-and-up field day and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 15 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers at Minute Maid Park | Monday, May 1 to Thursday, May 4 – Get loud for the Astros when they take the field to play the Rangers in a four-game series at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $15, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Monday to Wednesday 7:10pm; Thursday 1:10pm.
- Buffalo Bayou Brewing Beer Dinner at Roost | Tuesday, May 2 – Chef Kevin Naderi is teaming up with Buffalo Bayou Brewing Co. for an intimate dinner where he’ll serve five courses of beer-infused dishes like mocha bread pudding with red velvet stout custard and candied pecans with pairings. Tickets start at $90, not including ticket fees. 7pm to 10pm.
- Kings of Leon in Concert at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Tuesday, May 2 – Kings of Leon will be joined by Deerhunter and Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats for this concert in The Woodlands. Tickets start at $32.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Scrabble in the City at Saint Arnold Brewery | Wednesday, May 3 – Grab a team and compete in this scrabble tournament where you can pay to bend the rules and it benefits Literacy Advance of Houston. Guests can also enjoy a party atmosphere with food, a DJ, silent auction, and brews from Saint Arnold. Tickets start at $75, not including ticket fees. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Kentucky Derby Garden Party at Backstreet Cafe | Thursday, May 4 – Enjoy mint juleps, a bourbon tasting, and bites like peach glazed pork ribs in the garden at Backstreet Cafe to kick off derby season. $30. 5pm to 7pm.
- Cinco de Mayo Parties Around Houston | Friday, May 5 – Go all out for Cinco de Mayo this year. There’s a party in Market Square Park, margarita throw down at Hotel Derek, taco and drink specials at Eight Row Flint, fiesta at El Big Bad, jalapeno eating contest at Doneraki Restaurant and more.
- Galveston Island Food & Wine Festival at Galveston Island Convention Center | Friday, May 5 to Sunday, May 7 – Wine and dine at this annual event featuring a champagne brunch, food and wine sampling events, a 5k champagne run, blind tasting and more. Tickets start at $98, not including ticket fees. Friday 6pm to 8pm; Saturday 9am to 5pm; Sunday 11am to 2pm.
- Bernie’s Backyard Crawfish Festival at Bernie’s Backyard | Friday, May 5 to Sunday, May 7 – Head to Spring for this family-friendly crawfish festival featuring face painting, live music, cold brews, shaved ice, a playground, and lots of crawfish. Friday and Saturday 11am to 11pm; Sunday noon to 8pm.
- Wild West Brew Fest in Katy | Friday, May 5 and Saturday, May 6 – Kick off the festivities at the Launch Party on Friday night and keep the party going all weekend while you check out more than 500 types of beers from over 80 breweries at Wild West Brew Fest. The festival will take place at Hop House at Katy Mills Mall. Tickets start at $25, not including ticket fees. Friday 7pm to 10pm; Saturday 3pm to 9pm.
- Houston Dragon Boat Festival at Allen’s Landing | Saturday, May 6 | FREE – Cheer for teams, watch cultural performances, enjoy music, and food from vendors at this festive event while dragon boats race down Buffalo Bayou. 8am to 4:30pm.
- Field Day 2017 at 5050 Acorn Street | Saturday, May 6 – Relive the glory days at this adult Field Day that will feature classics like potato sack races, tug-of-war, and water balloon toss as well as 21+ games like dizzy bat and stein races. Registration starts at $35, not including ticket fees. 11am to 5pm.
- Annual Rosé Revival at Rouge Wine Bar | Saturday, May 6 – Sip on rosé all day at Rouge, where you’ll sample seven varietals from France and nosh fresh seafood from the ceviche bar. $20. 1pm to 4pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Orlando City SC at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, May 6 – Cheer on the Dynamo as they play Orlando in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $24, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7:30pm.
- 6th Annual Star Wars Art Festival at The Space HTX Saturday, May 6 and Sunday, May 7 – May the force be with you as you browse a selection of Star Wars themed artwork by artists near and far, far away curated by Dandee Warhol. Costumes encouraged. Tickets start at $6. Noon to 6pm both days.
- Santo de Mayo 5k at Saint Arnold Brewery | Sunday, May 7 – This 5K will start at the brewery, continue through Downtown and finish back at Saint Arnold. Walk or run and then treat yourself to three brews and a breakfast burrito. Don’t want to run? You can buy a Beer & Party pass. Registration starts at $25, not including ticket fees. 8:30am.
You can also search our interactive event calendar by date, location, and category.
Be sure to subscribe to our free daily email and weekend planner emails and receive our picks for great things to do in Houston in your inbox daily or once a week.
Click here to sign up.