Find the cant-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, March 22 to Sunday, March 26, 2017.
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself. Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Frontier Fiesta at The University of Houston | Thursday, March 23 to Saturday, March 25 | FREE to Attend – The students at The University of Houston host the Frontier Fiesta, a 3-day family-friendly festival. Enjoy Broadway-styled variety shows, student-run carnival booths, amusement park rides, live music, and even a cook-off. Thursday and Friday 5pm; Saturday noon.
- Spring Fling Festival at Last Concert Cafe | Friday, March 24 and Saturday, March 25 – Enjoy a drink, have a bite to eat, and rock out at this 2-day festival benefitting the Last Concert Cafe with performances by Carolyn Wonderland, Spoonfed Tribe, Roxy Roca and more. $20 per day; $30 for both days. 6pm both days.
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Music in the Sky Party at Aloft Hotel Downtown – Take in gorgeous sunset views of the city as you mingle, nibble on tasty bites, take advantage of drink specials, and let the sounds of great live music wash over you. Tickets start at $10, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $5. 5pm to 9pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Chris Young in Concert at NRG Park – The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo present singer-songwriter Chris Young in concert at NRG Park as part of their 2017 rodeo lineup. Tickets start at $10, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:45pm.
- Open Jam at Acadia Bar & Grill | FREE to Attend – Take advantage of the drink specials and show off your music skills as the Acadia Bar & Grill provides guitars, a drum kit, and a microphone for their weekly open mic night. 7pm.
- Wine & Dine Wednesday Jazz at Local Pour | FREE to Attend – Enjoy wine specials, food, and authentic jazz music performed by Carl “Sweets” Progue at Local Pour in River Oaks. 7:30pm.
- Duran Duran in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – The iconic British band, Duran Duran, hits the stage at the Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land. Tickets start at $39.50, not including ticket fees. 8pm.
- Whiskey Wednesday: Andrew Karnavas in Concert at Barringer | FREE to Attend – Enjoy whiskey drink specials and live music from Andrew Karnavas at Barringer Bar and Lounge. 8pm.
Thursday, March 23, 2017
- Houston Rodeo: Blink-182 in Concert at NRG Park – The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo present pop-punk band Blink-182 in concert at NRG Park as part of their 2017 rodeo lineup. Tickets start at $18, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:45pm.
- Anvil in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Catch legendary metal band Anvil when they hit the stage at White Oak Music Hall with openers Night Demon and Graveshadow. Tickets range from $13 to $17. 7pm to 11pm.
- Charity Concert at The Heights Theater – Hear from artists like The Tontons, Say Girl Say, Kay Weathers and more at this concert and benefit supporting Donate Life Texas. Tickets start at $10, not including ticket fees. 7pm.
- John Egan in Concert at 8th Wonder Brewery | FREE to Attend – Singer-songwriter John Egan performs at 8th Wonder Brewery as part of their 8 Track Sessions concert series. 7pm to 10pm.
- 9th Season of Turtle Races at Little Woodrow’s Midtown | FREE to Attend – Every Thursday, the Little Woodrow’s turtle master and his wranglers bring a group of feisty turtles into a ring to race in front of hundreds of cheering fans perched on bleachers. 8pm.
- The Art Room with DJ Elevated at House of Blues | FREE to Attend – The Foundation Room in House of Blues hosts Tha Art Room, a weekly pop-up gallery highlighting local artists, with beats by DJ Elevated and drink specials. 8pm to 11pm.
- Half Birthday Celebration at Stone’s Throw | FREE to Attend – Celebrate the Half Birthday of the new bar Stone’s Throw in Montrose with fresh new Spring cocktails and a live DJ. 8pm.
- Panorama with DJ Bjorn Larsen & DJ Sun at The Flat | FREE to Attend – Vibe to the beats of DJ Bjorn Larsen & DJ Sun and enjoy cocktails, and light bites at The Flat. 10pm.
Friday, March 24, 2017
- Houston Rodeo: Dierks Bentley in Concert at NRG Park – The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo present country superstar Dierks Bentley in concert at NRG Park as part of their 2017 rodeo lineup. Tickets start at $18, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:45pm.
- Mayday Parade in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Catch rock band Mayday Parade for their 10th Anniversary tour at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets range from $25 to $27, not including ticket fees. 7pm to 11pm.
- Louie Anderson at Warehouse Live – The Secret Group presents comedian and actor Louie Anderson at Warehouse Live. Tickets start at $30, not including ticket fees. 7pm to 10pm.
- Excision in Concert at Revention Music Center – Canadian DJ Excision will bring his beats to Revention Music Center as part of his Paradox Tour. Tickets are $40, not including ticket fees. 8pm.
- Dance Night: Friday We’re In Love at Numbers Nightclub – The Friday I’m In Love: Numbers Nightclub Documentary is calling for all Numbers Nightclub lovers, old and new, to join them for a Classic Numbers ’80s dance night. Free admission before 11pm. Cover charge is $7 after 11pm. 9pm.
- CSz Houston presents (713) Improv Show – The CSz Houston players will take audience suggestions and their own unique perspectives from living in the city to show you what being a native is all about. Full price tickets are $14, but limited comped (you just pay ticketing fees) and $7 tickets are available. 10:30pm.
Saturday, March 25, 2017
- I Love Spring Day Party At The Davenport | FREE to Attend – Celebrate Spring with DJ’s, drinks, and crawfish on the patio at this Day Party at The Davenport. You must RSVP for this event. 2pm to 8pm.
- WOW’s 12th Annual Spring Fling at The Owl – The Women of Wardrobe’s Spring Fling will feature great food, cold drinks, and raffle prizes, all while bringing out Houston’s hippest men and women to support Dress for Success Houston. You must register for this event. Entry is $20. 3pm to 6pm.
- Del Castillo in Concert at The Heights Theater – Rock out with award-winning Latin rock band Del Castillo when they visit Houston for a show at The Heights Theater with special guest Nick Gaitan and the Umbrella Man. Tickets start at $22, not including ticket fees. 7pm.
- Grown-up Storytime: The 100th Celebration at The Secret Group – BooTown host their 100th show celebration of the Grown-up Storytime series at The Secret Group. Laugh, cry, and learn as they re-tell the best of the best stories from the past 10 years. Tickets are $20 and $40 for VIP. 8pm to 11pm.
- The 4 Wisemen in Concert at Cottonwood Houston | FREE to Attend – Watch the acoustic rock group, The 4 Wisemen, play covers of top 40 hits that date all the way from the ’90s at Cottonwood Houston. 8pm to 11pm.
- DJ Carisma at The Alley Kat | FREE to Attend – Have a cocktail and listen to beats spun by Californian DJ Carisma at The Alley Kat on Mid Main. 8pm.
- 2nd Annual Beer & Ice Cream Social at Rec Room – Enjoy ice cream, beer, hot dogs and performances by the artists in residence Stacey Daniels, Hoja Lopez, Laura Gutierrez and more at this social benefitting the Rec Room. Tickets are $25. 8pm.
- We are the Robots: A Kraftwerk Tribute Concert at Numbers Nightclub – Enjoy a visual, audio, and light experience in the vein of the legendary electronic band Kraftwerk at Numbers Nightclub in Montrose. Tickets range from $10 to $20. 9pm.
- Disco Expressions in Concert at The Continental Club – Dance like no one is watching to hits from the ’70s at this Disco Fool’s Day concert with the Disco Expressions at The Continental Club on Mid Main. Tickets are $15. 10pm.
Sunday, March 26, 2017
- Houston Rodeo: Zac Brown Band in Concert at NRG Park – The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo present country rock band Zac Brown Band in concert at NRG Park as part of their 2017 rodeo lineup. Tickets start at $18, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 3:45pm.
- Forever The Sickest Kids in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Dallas-based pop rock band, Forever The Sickest Kids, hit the stage with openers He is We, Rookie of the Year, Call me Karizma, and Kenny Holland at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets range from $18 to $22, not including ticket fees. 5pm to 10pm.
- Reggae on the Rail at The Continental Club – Jam out to reggae, roots, dub and dancehall selections from DJ Kool Emdee at The Continental Club. Tickets are $5. 5pm to 9pm.