Deck yourself out in green and mix it up at St. Patrick’s Day parties happening around Houston on St. Patrick’s Day itself on Friday, March 17, 2017 and into the weekend that follows.
St. Patrick’s Day falls on a Friday this year, which means there’s an added chance to get rowdy and sleep things off the next morning. We’ve pulled together some of our favorites this year to help you map out your fun.
Remember to be safe and walk, use a cab or ride services, take the Houston Wave, or designate a driver.
Featured Events & Offers
Little Woodrow’s St. Patrick’s Day Celebration in Midtown, on Shepherd and in The Heights – Each of the three Little Woodrow’s locations will be throwing out the stops to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, with music, green beer, drink specials, and more.
Free St. Patrick’s Weekend Shinerwashes at Birds Barbershop | St. Patrick’s Day, Friday, March 17 through Sunday, March 19 – Buy any service at Birds on St. Patrick’s Day, and through Sunday, March 19, and you’ll get a free hair wash with Shiner Beer. That’s right, beer in your hair for St. Patrick’s Day. A warm, flat beer conditions hair to make it softer and give it more shine.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at Flying Saucer Downtown – Toss back Irish beer and car bombs and enjoy the colorful garb in the “Lepre-Contest.” The winner gets a $100 Flying Saucer gift cards.
- 10th Annual Saint Patrick’s Day Party at Lucky’s Pub in EaDo – The party starts bright and early with a live broadcast on 94.5 The Buzz and then continues through the day, complete with leprechauns, bagpipers, and plenty of beer.
- St. Patrick’s Day at Saint Arnold’s Brewery – Skip the green beer this year and go for craft brews at Saint Arnold instead. The brewery will be hosting a party with special keg tappings, a beard growing competition and Irish stew for those who get hungry. $28.
- Little Woodrow’s St. Patrick’s Day Celebration in Midtown – Enjoy mugs of green beer, Irish nachos, and a DJ set from 4p to 7pm and live music by Positive Disturbance from 7pm to 10pm.
- The Green Mile Block Party – The second ever St. Patrick’s block party returns with special cocktails, drinks, live entertainment and more at Capitol Bar, Traffic Premium Lounge, Rose Gold Cocktail Den, and Clé.
- St. Patrick’s Day Party at Howl at the Moon – Party with dueling pianos, green beers, leprechaun bombs, car bombs, and other shenanigans.
- 52nd Annual St. Paddy’s Day Festival at Griff’s Irish Pub – Houston’s oldest sports bar and throws a blow out event from morning until close, with live music from eight bands, DJ tunes, and more.
- St. Paddy’s Day Party at Pimlico Irish Pub – Head to the Irish pub across from Whole Foods on Waugh for live music from SoulShine, along with specials featuring Guinness, Tullamore Dew, Jameson, Town in the City, and more.
- St. Patrick’s Day “Under the Tent” Party at Irish Pub – Kenneally’s – Enjoy live Irish music, stepdancers, bagpipers, and tasty homemade Guinness bread and corned beef sandwiches.
- 2017 Season Opener: Michael Londra’s Celtic Fire at Miller Outdoor Theatre – Renowned Irish tenor Michael Londra leads an all-ages program that highlights Ireland’s culture, with a focus on Irish dance. Its electric energy sweeps audiences away to to culture, music, pubs and heart of the Emerald Isle.
- St. Patrick’s Day Mixer at Houston Museum of Natural Science – HMNS hosts the smartest St. Patrick’s Day social scene in town. In addition to dancing to a live band, there will be cash bars, plus tasty food truck bites.
The Heights & Washington Corridor
- Free St. Patrick’s Weekend Shinerwashes at Birds Barbershop | St. Patrick’s Day, Friday, March 17 through Sunday, March 19 – Buy any service at Birds on St. Patrick’s Day, and through Sunday, March 19, and you’ll get a free hair wash with Shiner Beer. That’s right, beer in your hair for St. Patrick’s Day. A warm, flat beer conditions hair to make it softer and give it more shine.
- Little Woodrow’s St. Patrick’s Day Celebration in Midtown – Head into your St. Patrick’s weekend with green beer, crawfish and a live DJ set from 3pm to 8pm
- Little Woodrow’s St. Patrick’s Day Celebration on Shepherd – Celebrate St. Pat’s with green beer and live music by Fake Midget. The bar will feature $7 Guinness, $6 Jameson Irish Whiskey, and $5 green beer.
- Saint Patrick’s Day Party at Lucky’s Pub in The Heights – Lucky’s headquarters on White Oak hosts a daylong party, kicking off at 11am, replete with live leprechauns, bagpipers, and plenty of drinks.
- St. Paddy’s Day Party at Henderson Heights Pub & Grub – Indulge in $6.50 Irish car bombs, tasty beer, live music from 7pm to 11pm, free Jameson t-shirts while available, and more at this patio and pub just off Washington Avenue.
- William Clark Green in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Don your Irish-hued clothes as Texas musician Green performs downstairs at WOMH. Flatland Cavalry opens.
Energy Corridor & West Houston
- Saint Patrick’s Day Party at Lucky’s Pub in Katy – Lucky’s newest outpost on the Katy Freeway hosts its first daylong St. Pat’s shindig. Opening at 11am, the celebration features leprechauns, bagpipers, and plenty of drinks.
North & Northwest Houston
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at Mo’s Irish Pub Vintage Park – Toss back green beer, and take advantage of raffles, beer tastings, live music, Irish dancers, bagpipes and more in Vintage Park. The party continues on Saturday as well.
- Luck Of The Irish at BooCoo’s Sport Bar & Lounge – The Cypress Creek Parkway bar opens its doors early at 6pm for a St. Paddy’s Day party featuring half priced drinks until 10pm, and a party that continues until 2am.
- St. Paddy’s Day Celebration at The Pub 529 – Tucked away in Copperfield Village, The Pub 529 will honor St. Patrick’s Day with $3 green beer pints, $5 Jamesons and Guinness pints, $6 Irish car bombs, plus live music and DJ tunes on the patio.