Find the cant-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, March 15 to Sunday, March 19, 2017.
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself. Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- St Paddy’s Pub Crawl Houston in Midtown | Friday, March 17 and Saturday, March 18 – Have loads of fun drinking with your friends as you check out the hottest locations in the city at the annual St. Paddy’s Luck of the Irish Pub Crawl. $20 for both days. Times vary.
- For the Community 13 at Last Concert Cafe | Friday, March 17 to Sunday, March 19 | FREE to Attend – Visionary Noise and The Houston Free Thinkers present For the Community 13, a 2-day festival with over 70 bands, art, poetry, vendors and more at Last Concert Cafe. 3pm each day.
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
- White Violet in Concert at Cactus Music | FREE to Attend – Enjoy complimentary refreshments from Saint Arnold’s Brewing Co. and watch Georgia-based indie rock band White Violet at Cactus Music. 5:30pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Thomas Rhett in Concert at NRG Park – The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo present country star Thomas Rhett in concert at NRG Park as part of their 2017 rodeo lineup. Tickets start at $10, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:45pm.
- The Zeros in Concert at Under the Volcano | FREE to Attend – Legendary punk rock band The Zeros from California hit the stage with openers Western Star at Under the Volcano in the Rice Village. 8pm.
- Spring Break: Latin Party at Metropolis – Party it up for Spring Break with drink specials and dance to hit Latin music all night long at Metropolis. Ladies get in free; men get in free before 11pm; cover charge at the door at 11pm. 9pm.
- Karaoke at The Secret Group | FREE to Attend – Bring your friends and sing your heart out at this weekly karaoke night at The Secret Group. 10pm.
Thursday, March 16, 2017
- El Lago in Concert at The Nightingale Room | FREE to Attend – Have a cocktail and watch indie rock band from Galveston at The Nightingale Room in Downtown. 7pm.
- Couple’s Therapy Comedy Retreat at Houston Improv – Hosted by the Houston Improv club favorite Alan Adams, this romantic comedy show will find Adams delivering his views on relationships with quick-fire wit, stone face delivery, and sarcastically venomous punch-lines. Tickets range from $10 to $20, but you can score 2-for-1 tickets with promocode 365Things if you act quickly. 8pm.
- 9th Season of Turtle Races at Little Woodrow’s Midtown | FREE to Attend – Cheer on your favorite as the Little Woodrow’s turtle master and his wranglers bring a group of feisty turtles into a ring to race in front of hundreds of cheering fans perched on bleachers. 8pm.
- Havana Night at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – Texas Salsa Congress and Prohibition Supperclub & Bar host an evening of performances and social dancing with specialty crafted cocktails directly inspired from the tropical islands of the Caribbeans. Tickets are $20. 10pm.
Friday, March 17, 2017
- Houston Rodeo: Fifth Harmony in Concert at NRG Park – The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo present R&B vocal group Fifth Harmony in concert at NRG Park as part of their 2017 rodeo lineup. Tickets start at $18, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:45pm
- St. Patrick’s Day Mixer at Houston Museum of Natural Science – Mixers and Elixirs kicks off St. Patricks Day with a celebration featuring live music, a cash bar, food trucks and more at the Museum of Natural Science. Tickets are $25; $15 for nonmembers. 8pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at Black Swan – Head to the Black Swan nightclub inside the Omni Houston Hotel for an upscale St. Patrick’s Day Celebration featuring specialty cocktail creations by Omni mixologists. 8pm.
- Big Sean in Concert at Revention Music Center – Big Sean’s “I Decided Tour” rolls through Downtown for a show at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $49, not including ticket fees. 8pm.
- Craft Cocktail Friday’s at Guava Lamp | FREE to Attend – Enjoy a refreshing drink made with fresh ingredients by experienced bartenders trained to create classic cocktails inspired by the Prohibition Era at the LGBT-friendly nightclub Guava Lamp. 10pm.
Saturday, March 18, 2017
- Black Girls Rock: Social & Mixer at Belvedere – Network and have fun doing it at the Black Girls Rock social/mixer, a fun professional event featuring light bites and female performers from in and around Houston. Tickets range from $15 to $100, but you may find limited discounted tickets ranging from $7.50 to $50. 1pm to 4pm.
- Celebr8tion of Beer at 8th Wonder Brewery – Celebrate 8th Wonder Brewery turning 4 with cold brews, live music, food trucks and more. Tickets are $35 for early admission and $45 for the day of. 2pm to 10pm.
- St. Patty’s Weekend Pub Crawl in Cypress – Wear your green clothing and celebrate St. Patricks day with 7 bars and 7 buses at this weekend pub crawl in Cypress. Tickets are $35. 3pm to 9pm.
- The Black & White Art Show 2.0 at The Hardy & Nance Studios | FREE to Attend – Check out this black and white-themed art show featuring local artists and music provided by Two Star Symphony at The Hardy & Nance Studios. 5pm to 9pm.
- 64th Diana Awards at House of Blues – The Diana Awards is a comedic spoof of the Academy Awards roasting members of the Houston LGBT community. This year’s show will feature Alex Newell, musical sensation, and TV star from Fox’s hit show Glee, and will be hosted by comedian Sister Helen Holy. Tickets start at $35, not including ticket fees. 6pm to 11pm.
- BoDeans in Concert at Heights Theater – Rock out to music from rock and roll musician BoDeans at this concert in the Heights. Tickets start at $20, not including ticket fees. 7pm.
- Saturday Night: March Birthday Bash at Drink Houston – Celebrate your birthday along with other people born in the month of March at this Birthday Bash with drink specials, DJ’s and more at Drink Houston. Tickets are $10 for ladies; $15 for gentlemen. 9pm.
- Les Femmes: Spring Break at Boondocks | FREE to Attend – Put your dancing pumps on as the all-female DJ collective, Les Femmes, host a Spring Break dance night at Boondocks in the Montrose area. 10pm.
- Kranium in Concert at Ayva Center – See Kranium, a Jamaican dancehall artist, when he comes to Ayva Center, with an opening act by Houston’s own T-Rock Again. Tickets start at $30, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $15. 10:30pm.
Sunday, March 19, 2017
- Eureka Heights Hootenanny – The Eureka Heights Brewery hosts a Hootenanny just in time for the Rodeo with a chili cook-off, country music, and even a roping contest. Tickets are $25. Noon to 6pm.
- Pete Tong Performance at Clé Houston – See EDM musician Pete Tong when he performs at the upscale nightclub Clé Houston. Tickets are $16, not including ticket fees. 2pm to 8pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Banda El Recodo and Siggno in Concert at NRG Park – The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo present Mexican norteña group Banda El Recodo and Tejano group Siggno in concert at NRG Park as part of their 2017 rodeo lineup. Tickets start at $18, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market.
- Rock n Roll Bingo at Darwin’s Pub | FREE to Attend – Play Bingo with a Rock n Roll twist for prizes and enjoy drink specials at Darwin’s Pub. 6pm to 9pm.
- Chicano Batman in Concert at Warehouse Live – Catch Latin punk band, Chicano Batman, in concert with openers SadGirl and The Shack at Warehouse Live. Tickets are $14 in advance and $16 the day of, not including ticket fees. 7pm.
- Electric Guest in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Jam out to the funk-pop sounds of Electric Guest with openers Chaos Chaos at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets are $12 in advance; $14 the day of; $16 at the door. 7pm to 10pm.