Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, March 6 to Sunday, March 12, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Top 12 Things This Week
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Tyke Hikes at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Monday, March 6 – Children 18 months to 3 years, with their adult companions, can join a naturalist for a story reading, a simple nature activity or craft, and a stroller-friendly hike on the Arboretum trails. Tickets are $7 for nonmembers and free for members. 9:30am to 10:30am.
- Free Tuesday Afternoon at The Houston Zoo | Tuesday, March 7 | FREE to Attend – Free Tuesday Afternoon sponsored by Reliant, an NRG Company, provides free admission to the Houston Zoo on the first Tuesday of each month. Noon to 5pm.
- Nifty Nature at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Wednesday, March 8 – In this workshop, young naturalists will get hands-on exploration and information about nature at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Tickets are $6. 10am to 1pm.
- Kidtastic at Memorial City | Wednesday, March 8 | FREE to Attend – Join Tom’s Fun Band for a morning of fun and music at The Square at Memorial City Mall. 10am to 11:30am.
- Storybook Theatre at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Friday, March 10 – Storybook Theatre combines childhood books with songs, rhymes, and finger plays which are meant to promote early literacy and enhance language development. Tickets are $6. 11am.
- Sam Sann Ninja Warrior Show at the Children’s Museum of Houston | Saturday, March 11 and Sunday, March 12 – Watch as American Ninja Warrior’s Sam Sann and his Iron Fitness team redefine the spirit of competition by inspiring young visitors to be physically active and teaching them the value of training and hard work. Tickets are $12. Times TBD.
- Pets in the Park Festival at Town Center Park in Kingwood | Saturday, March 11 | FREE to Attend – Bring your furry friends over for this kid-friendly festival and enjoy food trucks, a pet parade and more at the Town Center Park in Kingwood. 9am to 6pm.
- Young Writers Workshop at Discovery Green | Saturday, March 11 | FREE to Attend – Kids can learn to express their thoughts and develop language skills at this workshop for conducted by Writers In The Schools. 10:30am to 11:30am.
- St. Patrick’s Parade in Downtown | Saturday, March 11 | FREE to Attend – Meet up at Minute Maid Park, bring the family, and wear green to the 58th Annual Houston St. Patrick’s Parade in Downtown. Noon.
- Avenida Grand Opening in Downtown | Saturday, March 11 | FREE to Attend – Celebrate the re-opening of the convention center with this festival featuring live music by the Tontons, aerial performances, fireworks and more. 2pm to 9:30pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.