Make the most of your week with our top 12 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, March 6 to Sunday, March 12, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Also in March 2017
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is finally here! Spend your days eating carnival food and enjoying the rides and your evenings watching the rodeo and singing along to your favorite artists.
Not into the Rodeo? No judgment. You can explore the Azalea Trail in River Oaks, watch college hoops, cheer for contestants racing in the Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo at NRG | Daily – Grab your cowboy boots and head to NRG for concerts from artists like Aaron Watson, Alicia Keys, and Chris Stapleton all week long. Tickets start at $18, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Times vary.
- National Symposium on Pastry Arts at the Culinary Institute LeNôtre | Monday, March 6 – This all-day event features panels from professionals in the pastry industry and an ACF Chocolate and Sugar Décor Competition open to both professionals and students. Tickets start at $85, not including ticket fees. 9am to 6:30pm.
- Taste of Italy Houston at Omni Houston Hotel | Monday, March 6 – Sample your way through the world of Italian cuisine and wine at this tasting event featuring a seminar on the difference between pecorino and parmigiano reggiano in carbonara dishes. 11am to 6pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Utah Jazz at Toyota Center | Wednesday, March 8 – Get loud when the Rockets take the court to play the Jazz in this game. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Girls Pint Out at Saint Arnold Brewery | Wednesday, March 8 – Grab your girlfriends and head to Saint Arnold for a ladies night at the brewery benefiting the Houston Area Women’s Center. $20. 6pm to 9pm.
- MFAH Mixed Media at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston – MFAH’s Mixed Media event is back for spring with Berlin-based headliner Machinedrum. Guests will enjoy DIY art stations, a photo booth, and exclusive access to the temporary Ron Mueck exhibit. $25. 8pm.
- Azalea Trail in River Oaks | Friday, March 11 to Sunday, March 13 – Stop and smell Houston’s beautiful azaleas during this annual event put on by the River Oaks Garden Club. Tickets start at $10. 11am to 5pm.
- Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta | Saturday, March 11 – Paddle down a 15-mile stretch of Buffalo Bayou, or sit along the banks and watch, as the 44th Annual Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta races through Houston. Registration starts at $55, not including ticket fees. 7am to 2pm.
- Krewe of Cajuns & Cowboys Crawfish Boil at Irish Cowboy | Saturday, March 11 – Chow down on all you can eat crawfish and wash ‘em down with ice cold beer at this crawfish boil that benefits Texas Children’s Hospital. Tickets start at $25, not including ticket fees. 11am to 5pm.
- The Woodlands Margarita Festival at Town Green Park | Saturday, March 11 – Get tipsy at this Margarita Festival in The Woodlands where you’ll sample margarita flavors like pumpkin spice, mango, jalapeno, and strawberry, enjoy live music, vote for your favorite marg, and taste a variety of tequilas. Remember to get a safe ride home. Tickets start at $40, not including ticket fees, and limited discounted $20 tickets are available. Noon to 8pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Columbus Crew at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, March 11 – The Dynamo will take the field against Crew SC in this game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $25, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7:30pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Cleveland Cavaliers at Toyota Center | Sunday, March 12 – LeBron James and the defending NBA Champs come to Houston for a game against the Rockets at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $79, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
You can also search our interactive event calendar by date, location, and category.
Be sure to subscribe to our free daily email and weekend planner emails and receive our picks for great things to do in Houston in your inbox daily or once a week.
Click here to sign up.