Make the most of your week with our top 12 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, February 27 to Sunday, March 5, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Top 12 Things This Week
Top 12 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Tyke Hikes at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Monday, February 27 – Children 18 months to 3 years, with their adult companions, can join a naturalist for a story reading, a simple nature activity or craft, and a stroller-friendly hike on the Arboretum trails. Tickets are $7 for nonmembers and free for members. 9:30am to 10:30am.
- National Engineers’ Week at Children’s Museum | Monday, February 27 to Wednesday, March 1 – Take your creativity to the next level by exploring the industry that shapes the world around us during National Engineers Week. $12 for museum entry. 10am to 5pm.
- Mardi Gras at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Tuesday, February 28 – Kids can enjoy an authentic New Orleans Street brass band, arts and crafts, and even some king cake at this Mardi Gras event. Tickets are $6.
- Mommy Mingle Wednesday at the Children’s Museum | Wednesday, March 1 – Bring your little ones to Tot Spot, the exclusive exhibit for children 35 months and under, and mingle with other mommies during Mommy Mingle Wednesdays while enjoying complimentary coffee and snacks. This event is included with admission. 10am to noon.
- Texas Independence Day at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Thursday, March 2 – Bring the camera to snap a pic with a trick roping Tall Texan and the Wells Fargo Stagecoach or enjoy a campfire along with cowboy sing-a-longs for Texas Independence Day. Tickets are $6. 10am to 2pm.
- Square Fit: Baby Boot Camp at Memorial City | Friday, March 3 | FREE to Attend – Enjoy a free Stroller Fit class with Baby Boot Camp in The Square at Memorial City Mall. 9:30am to 10:30am.
- Opening Night of Rink: Rolling at Discovery Green | Friday, March 3 – Boogie under the skyline with Houston’s First outdoor roller rink at Discovery Green park in Downtown. Tickets are $12 per person. 6pm to 10pm.
- Downtown Rodeo Parade | Saturday, 4 | FREE to Attend – Bring your friends and family as decorative floats intermingle with thousands of men and women on horseback and fill the streets with hoof beats and marching bands for the Rodeo in Downtown. 9am.
- Garbage Island at the Rec Room | Saturday, March 4 – Designed for kids ages 2 to 6, this family-friendly live sketch show takes place in a set designed to be a literal garbage dump. Expect it to be silly and improvisational with a little audience participation mixed in. Tickets are $10. 10:30am.
- Craft Community Day at Houston Center for Contemporary Craft | Saturday, March 4 | FREE to Attend – Bring the whole family to Craft Community Day to see artist demonstrations, current exhibitions, resident artists’ studios and more at HCCC. 11am to 3pm.
- Naturally Wild Families: Kayaking at The Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Saturday, March 4 – Learn the basics of kayaking, paddling, and general water safety at this family-friendly kayaking class at The Houston Arboretum & Nature Center. Tickets are $30 for members and $60 for nonmembers. There will be a class at 1pm, 2pm, and 3pm.
- Camel and Ostrich Races at Sam Houston Race Park | Friday, March 3 and Saturday, March 4 – Cheer for your favorite at this fun filled 2-night race featuring real life camels and ostriches at Sam Houston Race Park. Tickets start at $7; $4 for children ages 4 to 12; free for kids under the age of 4. 5:30pm on Friday and 4:30pm on Saturday.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.