Make the most of your week with our top 9 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, February 13 to Sunday, February 19, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Top 12 Things This Week
Top 9 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Harriet Tubman Storytelling at The Children’s Museum | Thursday, February 16 – Learn about Harriet Tubman, an abolitionist, humanitarian and Underground Railroad heroine during the Civil War, during an interactive reenactment of a significant period in her life. Tickets are $12. Event times are at 5:30pm and 6:30pm.
- Storybook Theatre at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Friday, February 17 – Storybook Theatre combines childhood books with songs, rhymes, and finger plays which are meant to promote early literacy and enhance language development. Tickets are $6. 11am.
- The 106th Celebration of Mardi Gras Galveston | Friday, February 17 to Sunday, February 19 – This lineup of Mardi Gras festivities includes 22 elaborate parades, headliner performances and over 30 concerts, an official 5K run, family events, and plenty of feasting. Prices and times vary.
- Diva Dash 5k at Pearland Town Center | Saturday, February 18 – Join the Pearland community for the Diva Dash 5K and Lil’ Princess Girls Run at the Pearland Town Center. Tickets range from $10 to $40, not including ticket fees. 8am.
- Meet Curious George at The Children’s Museum | Saturday, February 18 and Sunday, February 19 – Bring the kids to meet and snap a pic with Curious George at The Children’s Museum. Tickets are $12. 10am to 5pm.
- Houston Family Magazine Camp Fair at Memorial City Mall | Saturday, February 18 | FREE to Attend – Find the perfect summer camp for your child while enjoying live music and join Houston Family Magazine to check out dozens of camps in one afternoon at the Fireplace in Memorial City Mall. 10am to 4pm.
- Once Upon A Time: Family Day Out at Town Green Park | Saturday, February 18 | FREE to Attend – MommyTrade presents a fun Family Day Out where moms can enjoy giveaways, gift bags and more, while the kids enjoy activities like face painting and a meet & greet with Cinderella. 10am to 2pm.
- Garbage Island at the Rec Room | Saturday, February 18 – Designed for kids ages 2 to 6, this family-friendly live sketch show takes place in a literal garbage dump. Off-the-wall characters must come together to solve mysteries, with an underlying education about environmentalism and reusing rubbish. Expect it to be silly and improvisational with a little audience participation mixed in. Tickets are $10. 10am.
- 3rd Annual Mardi Gras on Main at Five Points Park | Saturday, February 18
| FREE to Attend – With the Mambo Jazz Kings leading the way, this free celebration with channel New Orleans with a giant puppet King and Queen strolling the streets, stilt walkers, face painters, a New Orleans-style market, street performers and much more. 4pm to 9pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.