Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, February 6 to Sunday, February 12, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Tackling Tough Numbers WonderWeek at The Children’s Museum | Monday, February 6 to Wednesday, February 8 – Tackle tough numbers and celebrate football along with its well-played calculations with games and activities at The Children’s Museum. Tickets are $12. 10am.
- Crazy About Critters at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Wednesday, February 8 – Learn about critters like snakes, turtles, and even hedgehogs with TGR Exotics at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Tickets are $6. 11:30am.
- KoumanKele Dance Company at The Children’s Museum | Thursday, February 9 and Saturday, February 11 – Shake it to the beat of the drums as the KoumanKele Dance Company and Drum Ensemble as they deliver a heart-pounding performance and workshop to explore and engage in African cultures. Tickets are $12. Thursday 6:30pm; Saturday 3pm.
- Sesame Street Live: Elmo Makes Music at NRG | Thursday, February 9 to Sunday, February 12 – Bring the whole family out to NRG to see Elmo, Abby Cadabby, Big Bird, and the rest of the Sesame Street cast for Elmo Makes Music. Tickets start at $13, not including ticket fees, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. Showtimes vary.
- Stomp at Jones Hall | Friday, February 10 to Sunday, February 12 – Everyday objects – matchboxes, hubcaps, brooms, buckets, garbage cans, and pretty much anything else you can think of – become vehicles for brilliant music and unique rhythms, all performed by an energetic eight-person troupe that dances and pounds their away across the stage. Full price tickets range from $33 to $63, not including ticket fees. Thursday 7:30pm; Saturday and Sunday 2pm.
- Sea Turtle Saturday in Galveston | Saturday, February 11 – Learn all about sea turtles, from research to nesting and conservation, and then tour the island’s sea turtle barn, which houses more than 350 turtles. Tickets are $10.
- Homestead Heritage Day at Jesse H. Jones Nature Center | Saturday, February 11 | FREE to Attend – Bring the family for a “living history” look at a 19th century Texas settler’s life and enjoy blacksmithing, black powder weaponry, open fire cooking and more. 10am to 4pm.
- Little Artists at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | Saturday, February 11 – Bring the kids to learn about the materials and process used to create selected works of art on view at the MFAH. Tickets are $8 for nonmembers and $6 for members. 10:30am to 11:30am.
- How I Became a Pirate at The MATCH | Saturday, February 11 – When Captain Braid Beard and his crew invite Jeremy Jacob to join their voyage, it’s the swashbuckling time of his life. Watch this adventure story with the kids at The MATCH. Tickets start at $18, not including ticket fees. There will be a performance at 11am and 2pm.
- Wade Smith Reads Smitty Hits The Books at The Children’s Museum | Saturday, February 11 – Author and former Houston Texans’ football star Wade Smith reads from his book, Smitty Hits the Books, which tackles how to create a game plan for studying and doing what you’re passionate about at the same time. Tickets are $12. 1pm to 3pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.