Make the most of your week with our top 12 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, February 6 to Sunday, February 12, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Also in February 2017
Learn all about sea turtles, go for an evening stroll at the Arboretum, run through Midtown in your undies, cheer loud for the Rockets, see how well beer pairs with chocolate and cheese, and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- The Day After Sh*t Show Industry Party at Lucky’s Pub | Monday, February 6 – Keep the party going at Lucky’s with casino games, raffles, food vendors, live music, and pampering tents. 4pm to 2am.
- Houston Rockets vs. Orlando Magic at Toyota Center | Tuesday, February 7 – Cheer loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the Magic at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Loteria at El Big Bad | Tuesday, February 7 | FREE – Head to El Big Bad for a game of Loteria at their weekly Mexican Bingo Night. 7pm to 11pm.
- E.T. the Extraterrestrial Concert at Jones Hall | Thursday, February 9 – The Houston Symphony will play the award winning score from E.T. alongside a screening of the classic film from Steven Spielberg. Tickets start at $39, not including ticket fees. 7:30pm.
- Couples Therapy Comedy Retreat at the Houston Improv – Get in the spirit of Valentine’s Day with a twist. Club favorite comic Alan Adams, along with five other comics, as they riff on relationships and the foibles baked inside of them. After the show, Adams will lead a panel discussion with the comics and take relationship questions from the audience. $10 to $20, but you can score 2-for-1 tickets with promocode Couples365. 8pm; door at 7:15pm.
- Tapas on the Trails at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Friday, February 10 and Saturday, February 11 – Stroll through the Arboretum’s nature sanctuary enjoying five tapas stations with wine and beer pairings along the way. Tickets start at $75, not including ticket fees. Friday 6pm to 10pm; Saturday 5pm to 9pm.
- Sea Turtle Saturday in Galveston | Saturday, February 11 – Learn all about sea turtles, from research to nesting and conservation, and then tour the island’s sea turtle barn, which houses more than 350 turtles. $10. 8am to 12:30pm.
- Gumbo Smackdown at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, February 11 – Houstonia Magazine hosts the 4th annual Gumbo Smackdown where teams will compete to see who makes the best gumbo in the city. Tickets start at $35, not including ticket fees. Noon to 4pm.
- Cupid’s Undie Run at Dogwood Houston | Saturday, February 11 – Strip down and run through Midtown in your undies to raise money for a good cause in this wildly popular Valentine’s-themed event. Noon to 4pm.
- Valentine’s Day Beer and Chocolate Tasting at The Ginger Man | Saturday, February 11 – Enjoy a chocolate tasting with seasonal beer pairings at The Ginger Man. $40. 3pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Phoenix Suns at Toyota Center | Saturday, February 11 – Get loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the Suns at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Valentine’s Day Beer & Cheese Pairing at Saint Arnold Brewery | Sunday, February 12 – Spend your afternoon tasting cheese and beer with Houston Dairymaids at Saint Arnold Brewery. $25. 3pm to 5pm.
You can also search our interactive event calendar by date, location, and category.
Be sure to subscribe to our free daily email and weekend planner emails and receive our picks for great things to do in Houston in your inbox daily or once a week.
Click here to sign up.