Make the most of your week with our top 14 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, January 30 to Game Day, Sunday, February 5, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Top 14 Things This Week
Also in January 2017
Gear up for Super Bowl LI with concerts, festivals, and the game itself, or attend Revival Market’s butchery demo, get loud at a Rockets game, welcome the year of the fire rooster at the largest Lunar New Year celebration in Texas, show local at the Heights’ monthly market and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 14 Things to Do Super Bowl Week in Houston
- Super Bowl Live at Discovery Green | Daily | FREE – Gear up for Super Bowl LI with music, performances, and football themed activities in the heart of Downtown Houston. Expect to see artists like Leon Bridges, ZZ Top, Wild Moccasins, and The Suffers. Monday and Tuesday 3pm to 9pm; Wednesday and Thursday 3pm to 11pm; Friday and Saturday 10am to 11pm; Sunday 10am to 3pm.
- EaDo End-Zone at Lucky’s Pub Downtown | Daily – Get pumped up for The Big Game with this ten-day long themed festival—the official party zone for Budweiser. The festival starts January 28 and will have everything from cook-offs to bar games to tournaments and more. There will be giveaways, celebrity appearances, and the festival will end with The Big Game viewing party. Times vary daily.
- Game City Showcase in Midtown, Theater District, EaDo & Museum District | Monday, January 30 through Thursday, February 2 | FREE – Dive into the some of Houston’s favorite neighborhoods with four nights of free events, including free entertainment, food, drinks, interactive art, celebrity appearances, and more. Free with an email RSVP. 6pm to 9pm nightly.
- Butchery Demo at Revival Market | Tuesday, January 31 – Learn how to butcher a whole hog at this class with Revival Market co-owner Morgan Weber and charcutier Andrew Vaserfirer. Guests will enjoy a family-style dinner midway through the class and are encouraged to BYOB. $125. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Bridging the Gender Gap Talk at Asia Society Texas Center | Tuesday, January 31 – Sit in on this discussion about prominent female leaders from around the globe and the future of women in politics at Asia Society. $10. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Sacramento Kings at Toyota Center | Tuesday, January 31– Cheer loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the Kings at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Elias String Quartet in Concert at The Menil Collection | Tuesday, January 31 –The Elias String Quartet returns to Houston for a performance of works from Beethoven, Bartók, and Brahms in this concert presented by Da Camera at The Menil Collection. $60. 7:30pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Atlanta Hawks at Toyota Center | Thursday, February 2 – Cheer loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the Hawks at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Mid Main SuperFest in Midtown | Thursday, February 2 to Sunday, February 5 | FREE to Attend – If you’re ready for some football, then your weekend plans are set with this four-day free music, art, and food block party headlined by psych-ensemble Polyphonic Spree along the 3500-3700 blocks of Main Street. Thursday and Friday at 5pm; Saturday at noon; Sunday at 10am.
- Houston Rockets vs. Chicago Bulls at Toyota Center | Friday, February 3 – The Rockets will take on the Bulls at this home game at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- First Saturday Arts Market in The Heights | Saturday, February 4 | FREE to Attend – Browse artwork and enjoy delicious bites and live music at the First Saturday Arts Market in the Heights. 11am to 6pm.
- Lunar New Year Houston 2017 at Viet Hoa Center | Saturday, February 4 and Sunday, February 5 | FREE to Attend – Bring in the Year of the Fire Rooster with performances, lion dances, martial arts demonstrations, fireworks and more at Texas’ largest Lunar New Year celebration. 10am to 6pm both days.
- Pearland Super Weekend | Saturday, February 4 and Sunday, February 5 | FREE to Attend – Enjoy a free concert by singer RaeLynn at Pearland Town Center at 7pm and get a taste of local cuisine. Trolley car shuttles will transport visitors to participating Pearland hotels and restaurants offering special incentives all weekend. The concert is free and round-trip trolley rides are $1. Noon to 10pm both days.
- Super Bowl LI at NRG Stadium | Sunday, February 5 – The New England Patriots will take on the Atlanta Falcons during Super Bowl LI at NRG. Official ticket packages are available starting at $5,799, but you may find hard-to-get or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. 5:30pm.
Find more great stuff to do this week with our top things to do with kids this week, Weekend Guide for February 2 to 5, 2017 and top things to do in Houston in February 2017.
You can also search our interactive event calendar by date, location, and category.
Be sure to subscribe to our free daily email and weekend planner emails and receive our picks for great things to do in Houston in your inbox daily or once a week.
Click here to sign up.