Make the most of your week with our top 10 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, November 28 to Sunday, December 4, 2016.
Happening in Houston This Week
Also in November 2016
Get over your turkey hangover and get into the holiday spirit with a week full of fun events. Shop handmade goods at DesignCraft, stuff your face with tamales, celebrate 80 years of Houston’s favorite donut shop and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 10 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Henry Rollins Live at House of Blues | Monday, November 28 – Musician, comedian, writer, radio host, speaker, and performer Henry Rollins will bring his talent to House of Blues as part of his Spoken Word Tour. Tickets start at $35, not including ticket fees. 7pm.
- Whistlepig Whiskey Tasting at Reserve 101 | Tuesday, November 29 – Master Distiller Dave Pickerell will lead this tasting of a never-before-released muscat finished bottle of WhistlePig at this tasting at Reserve 101. $20. 6:30pm.
- Star Wars The Force Awakens Screening at Memorial City | Wednesday, November 30 | FREE to Attend – Bring a blanket or some chairs and catch a free showing of the latest film in the Star Wars franchise on the big screen at The Square. 6pm.
- DesignCraft Holiday Art Market at Market Square Park | Saturday, December 3 | FREE to Attend – Find handmade gifts from local vendors while enjoying live music, demonstrations, and grub from local food trucks during DesignCraft. 10am.
- Tamale Festival at Navigation Esplanade | Saturday, December 3 – Chow down on tamales – you can even compete in a tamale eating contest – while enjoying live entertainment on multiple stages from artists like Soul Creatures, Los Guerreros de la Musica, and Metalachi at the Tamale Festival. Tickets start at $10, not including ticket fees. 12:30pm to 10pm.
- Christmas Party at Kirby Ice House | Saturday, December 3 | FREE to Attend – Kick off the holiday season with Kirby Ice House at this party featuring special releases from Saint Arnold, $4.50 pints, and an ugly sweater competition. 2pm to 6pm.
- Shipley Do-Nuts 80th Birthday Bash at 8th Wonder Brewery | Saturday, December 3 | FREE with RSVP – Celebrate 80 years of the Houston-based breakfast joint with free donuts, a birthday pint glass, and music from The Tontons at this family-friendly party at 8th Wonder. This event is free with RSVP. 5pm to 10pm.
- Maxwell & Mary J. Blige in Concert at the Toyota Center | Saturday, December 3 – Lose yourself in the music of soul and R&B singers Maxwell and Mary J. Blige at this concert at the Toyota Center. Tickets start at $49.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- One-Year Anniversary at Bernadine’s | Sunday, December 4 – Celebrate the first birthday of Bernadine’s with a Southern party featuring live zydeco music, face-painting, a piñata, and a special menu. Tickets start at $35, not including ticket fees. 4pm.
- Sierra Nevada Rare Beer Dinner at Underbelly | Sunday, December 4 – Join Chris Shepherd as he hosts the Sierra Nevada Brewery for a special dinner featuring extremely rare brews. $100. 7pm.
You can also search our interactive event calendar by date, location, and category.
Be sure to subscribe to our free daily email and weekend planner emails and receive our picks for great things to do in Houston in your inbox daily or once a week.
Click here to sign up.