Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, November 28 to Sunday, December 4, 2016.
Happening in Houston This Week
Top 10 Things This Week
365 Weekend Guide
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids this Week in Houston
- Cheap Skate Night at The Ice at Discovery Green | Monday, November 28 – Enjoy a Monday night skate for just $8, instead of the usual $14, on the Ice at Discovery Green. 4pm to 10pm.
- Prelude Sing-A-Long Family Concert at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Wednesday, November 30 – Presented by Prelude Music Classes for Children, come join in a Prelude Family interactive musical experience with a sing-a-long concert. Tickets are $6. 10:45am.
- Star Wars The Force Awakens at Memorial City | Wednesday, November 30 | FREE to Attend – Memorial City presents a screening of Star Wars The Force Awakens on the big screen at The Square along with Star Wars activities for the whole family. 6pm to 9pm.
- Christmas Tree Lighting Event at Sugar Land Town Square | Thursday, December 1 | FREE to Attend – Watch the lighting of a 40-foot Christmas tree, and enjoy holiday activities and a special appearance by Santa Claus in Sugar Land. 5pm to 8pm.
- Christmas By The Bay in La Porte | Thursday, December 1 through Saturday, December 3 | FREE to Attend – Join the City of La Porte for the 3-day Christmas By The Bay holiday celebration with a tree lighting, activities for kids, the Jingle Bell 5K and 1K Glow-Run, a parade, and breakfast with Santa Claus himself. Thursday 5pm to 8pm; Friday 7pm to 10pm; Saturday 8am to 10:30am.
- Screen on the Green: Cool Runnings at Discovery Green | Thursday, December 1 | FREE to Attend – Bring your blankets and lawn chairs over to Discovery Green park for a screening of Cool Runnings. 7pm to 10pm.
- Mayor’s Holiday Celebration at City Hall | Friday, December 2 | FREE to Attend – Ring in the season with the 97th Annual Mayor’s Holiday Celebration and Tree Lighting in the heart of Downtown Houston with music, Santa, fireworks and family fun. 6pm to 8pm.
- Christmas in the Park at George Ranch Historical Park | Saturday, December 3 – Travel through Christmas past on a festive hayride (weather permitting) and explore holiday customs and decorations from the 1830s to the 1930s. Tickets are $10; $5 for ages 5 to 15; $9 for ages 62 and up; free for ages 4 and under. 9am to 5pm.
- 7th Annual Katy Old-Fashioned Christmas Festival | Saturday, December 3 | FREE to Attend – Held in conjunction with Katy Market Day, the festival includes holiday performances, a holiday market, a snow playground, a No Label Brewing beer garden, food trucks, Santa Claus and more. 11am to 7pm.
- Photos with Santa at Sugar Land Town Square | Sunday, December 4 | FREE to Attend – Enjoy a free holiday photo with Mr. and Mrs. Claus at the Sugar Land Town Square. 1pm to 5pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.