Find the cant-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, November 30 to Sunday, December 4, 2016.
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself. Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Midnight Madness: The Godfather Part II at River Oaks Theatre | Friday and Saturday – Watch the second part of Francis Ford Coppola’s epic Godfather trilogy at a midnight showing at River Oaks Theatre. Tickets are $10.50. Midnight.
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
- Kermit Ruffins in Concert at Axelrad | FREE to Attend – Catch jazz trumpeter, singer, and composer from New Orleans, Louisiana, Kermit Ruffins at Axelrad in Third Ward. 6pm to 9pm.
- Yoga & Hops at 8th Wonder Brewery – Join Yoga and Hops for an hour of yoga and follow it up with a cold brew at 8th Wonder Brewery. Tickets start at $20, not including ticket fees. 7pm.
- Date Night with Jazz on Ice at Discovery Green – Jam to Jazzy tunes on the ice with Houston musician Jazzman Jawad while you skate with your sweetie at Discovery Green. Skating fees available at Discovery Green. 7pm to 9pm.
Thursday, December 1, 2016
- Heights Young Professionals Happy Hour at Revolver Bourbon Social – Meet, network, socialize, and make direct connections with young and young-at-heart professionals from all of Houston at Revolver Bourbon Social. Tickets are free for members; $10 for non-members before December 1. Entry will be $20 at the door for non-members. 5pm to 8pm.
- World AIDS Day Festival and Fundraiser and Guava Lamp – Join Guava Lamp in the Official World AIDS Day Festival and Fundraiser benefiting AIDS Foundation Houston. There will be a special appearance by international male model Gabe LaDuke along with food, vendors, and free confidential HIV testing starting at 7pm. Tickets are TBA. 7pm to 11pm.
- Broad City Trivia at Axelrad – Show off your Broad City knowledge at this trivia night at Axelrad. Tickets are $10 all proceeds go to NARAL Pro-Choice Texas. 7pm to 9pm.
- Muuy Biien with Ruiners in Concert at The Nightingale Room | FREE to Attend – Rock out to local bands Muuy Biien and Ruiners at The Nightingale Room in Downtown. 7pm to 2am.
- Nobunny in Concert at Walter’s Downtown – Garage punk band Nobunny comes to town with openers The Cowboy Sailors, Sailor Poon and more at Walter’s Downtown. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 the day of. 8pm.
- PartyNextDoor in Concert at Revention Music Center – Catch Canadian rapper PartyNextDoor in concert with opener Jeremih at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $40, not including ticket fees. 8pm.
- Toxic: Britney Spears Nite at Barbarella Houston – Dance the night away to hits like “Circus” and “Crazy” at the Britney Spears themed night at Barbarella. Tickets will be available at the door. 9:30pm.
Friday, December 2, 2016
- Midtown Wine Down in Bagby Park | FREE to Attend – Wind down from the busy work week with music and happy hour specials at Rico’s Morning Noon Night – featuring food, wine, craft beer, and frozen sake. 5pm to 8pm.
- Opening Reception: Blackwork at Art League Houston | FREE to Attend – Art League Houston hosts an opening reception for Blackwork, an exhibition by San Antonio-based artist Jennifer Ling Datchuk whose practice incorporates ceramics, sculpture, photography, and installation. 6pm to 9pm.
- She’s Real Gone Opening Reception at East End Studio Gallery – Head over to East End Studio Galley for this one day showcase that features all-new original works by twelve local women artists. Cost is $5 and a portion of the proceeds will benefit Girls Rock Camp Houston. 7pm to 10pm.
- Reckless Kelly in Concert at The Heights Theater – Watch country-rock band Reckless Kelly live in concert at The Heights Theater. Tickets are $22, not including ticket fees. 7pm to 10pm.
- Finally Friday: A Deep House Party at Guava Lamp | FREE to Attend – Dive into a wave of modern deep house back-beats blended with classic lyrics by DJ Houston at Guava Lamp. 10pm to 2am.
- DJ Robin Schulz at Clé Houston – Dance the night away to the beats of German producer and DJ Robin Schulz at Clé Houston. Tickets range from $10 to $20. Dress code is strictly enforced. 10pm.
Saturday, December 3, 2016
- Tamale Festival Houston at Navigation Esplanade – Come out for a day of fun, live music, and great food. Enjoy a variety of tamales from varied Latino cultures as well as great Texas BBQ, Food Trucks, Fairgrounds foods and much more at the Tamale Festival Houston. Presale tickets are $10; $20 for the day of. Noon to 9pm.
- 8th Annual Craftidote at Antidote Coffee | FREE to Attend – Shop for clothing, art, and handmade items from local vendors at Antidote Coffee in the Heights. Noon to 5pm.
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Pub Crawl in Downtown – Put on your ugliest Christmas sweater, walk from bar to bar in Downtown and enjoy drink specials and complimentary bites at the Ugly Christmas Sweater Pub Crawl. Tickets are $30. 3pm to 9pm.
- Holiday Art Show at The Silos on Sawyer | FREE to Attend – Wander the buildings of Winter Street Studios, Silver Street Studios, and The Silos to discover an extensive selection of painting, sculpture, jewelry, photography, clothing, printmaking, and more at the Holiday Art Show. 6pm to 10pm.
- Maxwell & Mary J. Blige in Concert at the Toyota Center – Watch soul and R&B singers Maxwell and Mary J. Blige in concert at the Toyota Center in Downtown. Tickets start at $49.50, not including ticket fees. 6pm.
- Opening Reception: Masticar at Capitol Street Gallery | FREE to Attend – Capitol Street Gallery hosts an opening reception for Masticar, a solo exhibition of painting and assemblage works by Houston artist Darwin Arevalo. 6pm to 9pm.
- The Wood Brothers in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Sway to the soulful folk grooves of The Wood Grooves with opener Ben Sollee at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets are $20 in advance; $23 the day of; $25 at the box office, not including ticket fees. 7pm.
Sunday, December 4, 2016
- Tour de Lights at Ascent Fitness | FREE to Attend – Decorate your bike and join Ascent Fitness for a ride through the city to see the decorated homes and to do a bit of caroling. 5:30pm.
- Sierra Nevada Rare Beer Dinner at Underbelly – Kevin Floyd welcomes the Sierra Nevada Brewery’s Brian Grossman, along with Sierra Nevada Taproom’s executive chef Jessie Massie and pastry chef Seth Massie, for this rare beer dinner. Cost is $100. 7pm.