Make the most of your week with our top 11 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, November 21 to Sunday, November 27, 2016.
Happening in Houston This Week
Top 11 Things to Do with Kids this Week in Houston
- Frostival Winter Celebration at Discovery Green | Tuesday, November 22 | FREE – Enjoy a live musical performance by Mary Sarah of The Voice, live ICE battles , a dance performance, a skating performance, Houston Art Cars, interactive ice sculptures, tunes from DJ Caps and more at The Frostival. 6pm to 9pm.
- Thanksgiving with Santa at The Children’s Museum | Wednesday, November 23 – Get into the holiday spirit with exhilarating holiday activities and engage in the Children’s Museum’s Thanksgiving traditions. Don’t forget to bring your camera to snap pictures with Santa. Tickets are $12. 2pm to 5pm.
- HEB Thanksgiving Parade in Downtown Houston | Thursday, November 24 | FREE – The Thanksgiving Day parade is a stunning showcase of sensational floats, high-flying balloons, marching bands, artistic entries, and live entertainment. 9am.
- Usborne Book Fair at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Friday, November 25 – The Woodlands Children’s Museum hosts the Usborne Book Fair for two days. The more books sold at the book fair, the more free books are given to the museum for use in exhibits, workshops, Shadow Puppet Theatre time, and Storybook Theatre time. Tickets are $6. 10am to 5pm.
- Professor Hughdini Magic Show at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Friday, November 25 – The Woodlands Children’s Museum hosts Professor Hughdini, a local magician who has been performing magical entertainment for more than 30 years. Tickets are $6. There will be a show at 11am, 12:30pm, and 2pm.
- Meet Santa and his Reinsteer at The Children’s Museum | Saturday, November 26 – Pull on your boots and come hear the sleigh bells jingling from a live Texas reinsteer’s longhorns and meet Santa Claus at the Children’s Museum. Tickets are $12. Noon to 4pm.
- Aunt Pearlie Puts on Authentic Gullah Show at The Children’s Museum | Saturday, November 26 – Filled with stories and songs this special Gullah Christmas event will showcase the under-told story of the Gullah people and their culture. Tickets are $12. 1pm to 3pm.
- Skate with Santa at Discovery Green | Saturday, November 26 – Bring your camera when Santa comes to town to skate with the kiddos at the ice rink at Discovery Green. Tickets to skate are $14 per person. 5pm to 6pm.
- 2nd Annual MainStreet America Lights of Hope | Saturday, November 26 – MainStreet America is pulling out all the stops with a flurry of holiday happenings Saturday evenings including nightly snow flurries, train rides, entertainment, outdoor lights synchronized to music, visits with Santa and more. Tickets are $25 for adults 16 and older; $5 for children 15 and under. 6pm to 9pm.
- Photos with Santa at Sugar Land Town Square | Sunday, November 27 | FREE – Enjoy a free holiday photo with Mr. and Mrs. Claus at the Sugar Land Town Square. They will also be collecting new and unwrapped toys for the Fort Bend Rainbow Room’s Christmas Project. 1pm to 5pm.
- Houston Skating Starz at Discovery Green | Sunday, November 27 – Watch Houston’s top figure skaters dazzle on the ice rink at Discovery Green. This event is free to attend, skating fees will apply. 6:30pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.