Find the cant-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, November 23 to Sunday, November 27, 2016.
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself. Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- The 1975 in Concert at Revention Music Center | Saturday and Sunday – Catch English rock band The 1975 when they stop through town at the Revention Music Center. Tickets are $39.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm both days.
Wednesday, November 23, 2016
- Charlie Harrison in Concert at Raven Tower | FREE – Watch singer-songwriter Charlie Harrison live in concert at Raven Tower. 6pm to 9pm.
- Sketch City Houston at Alley Kat Theater – Enjoy a night of comedy, improv, music, and art with Sketch City Houston at the Alley Kat Theater. Tickets are $10. 8pm to 10pm.
- Holy Wave in Concert at Satellite Bar – Catch psychedelic rock band Holy Wave with openers Mikey and the Drags, Plastic Pinks, and Mantra Love at Satellite Bar in the East End. Tickets are $10. 8pm to 11pm.
- Music on the Brazos at 360 Midtown Bar | FREE to Attend – Head over to 360 Midtown Bar to catch an outdoor show from local bands Dontis, State, Genesis Iver and more. 9pm.
- DJ MacJ at Clé Houston – Dress to impress and dance the night away to the beats of DJ MacJ at Clé Houston. $15. 10pm.
- Thanksgiving Eve Extravaganza with Alyssa Edwards at F Bar | FREE to Attend – RuPaul’s Drag Race superstar Alyssa Edwards makes her way to the LGBT-friendly nightclub F Bar to perform on Thanksgiving Eve. Must be 18 and up to enter. Midnight.
Thursday, November 24, 2016
- Uptown Houston Holiday Lighting | FREE to Attend – Gather along Post Oak Boulevard for festive music by local groups, a special appearance from Santa, the lighting of more than a half-million twinkling lighting on 80 trees, and a fireworks show.
- Depeche Mode Thanksgiving Tribute at Lumen Lounge – Dance to songs like “Enjoy the Silence” when VJ Marc Nicholson hosts the Depeche Mode Thanksgiving Tribute at Lumen Lounge. 8pm.
- Poison Pen Reading Series at Poison Girl | FREE to Attend – Enjoy a live reading from three readers, each locally and nationally recognized writers of poetry, fiction, and nonfiction. 8:30pm.
Friday, November 25, 2016
- Blue October in Concert at Revention Music Center – Watch alternative rock band Blue October live at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $35, not including ticket fees. 8pm.
- Rock N Roll Dance Party at Big Top Lounge | FREE – Get groovy and dance to ’60s rock music at the Big Top Lounge in Mid Main. Ages 21 and up only for entry. 9pm.
- Another Run in Concert at House of Blues | FREE – Rock out to local band Another Run at The Foundation Room in House of Blues in Downtown. 9pm.
- Finally Friday: A Deep House Party at Guava Lamp | FREE – Dive into a wave of modern deep house back-beats blended with classic lyrics by DJ Houston at Guava Lamp. 10pm to 2am.
Saturday, November 26, 2016
- Yart Sale at BlueOrange Gallery | FREE to Attend – Shop for contemporary art made by local artists at the Yart Sale at BlueOrange Gallery. All artworks will be on sale for $300 or less. 3pm to 9pm.
- Opening Reception: True Artist Tales at Galveston Artist Residency | FREE to Attend – Head over to Galveston for True Artist Tales a comic art show by Scott Gilbert at the Galveston Artist Residency gallery. 6pm to 9pm.
- The Suffers in Concert at House of Blues – Watch Gulf Coast soul band The Suffers in concert with openers JMSN & Ishi at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets start at $30, not including ticket fees. 7pm to 10pm.
- Saint Arnold Foamraiser at The Orange Show – Join the Orange Show Center for Visionary Art and Saint Arnold Brewing Company for the 9th Annual Foamraiser featuring live music, seasonal Saint Arnold cask brews, the El Tiempo taco truck, adult crafts and more. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door. 7pm to 11pm.
- Bombón FriendsGiving at Wonky Power – Bombón brings together local DJ’s and musicians to jam out at Wonky Power in the East End with complimentary refreshments. Boombox Taco truck will be on site all night as well. Tickets are $10. Receive a $5 discount if you bring a food or toy donation. 7:30pm.
- The Naked and Famous in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Catch New Zealand indie pop band The Naked and Famous with openers XYLO and The Chain Gang of 1974 at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets are $27.50, not including ticket fees. 8pm.
- Britney Spears Tribute with RuPaul’s Drag Race Derrick Barry at South Beach – South Beach hosts a Britney Spears Tribute Party featuring RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 8 Britney Spears impersonator, Derrick Barry, and International Known DJ Riley. Tickets are $15. 9pm.
Sunday, November 27, 2016
- Impact Radio Festival at The Concert North Pub – Support Impact Radio by enjoying a festival featuring live music, drinks, and prize giveaways. Tickets are $10 for 21 and up; $12 for 18 and up. 3pm to 10pm.
- Band of Heathens in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Rock ‘N Roll with Austinites Band of Heathens live in concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. Tickets are $28 in advance and $30 at the door. 6pm to 7:30pm.
- Sunday Karaoke at Guava Lamp | FREE – End the weekend with Sunday Karaoke at the LGBT-friendly nightclub Guava Lamp. 8pm to 2am.
- Open Mic Night at The Secret Group | FREE – Sing, tell jokes or just be a spectator at the Open Mic Night at The Secret Group. 9pm.