Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, November 14 to Sunday, November 20, 2016.
Happening in Houston This Week
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids this Week in Houston
- Tyke Hikes at the Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Monday, November 14 – Children 18 months to 3 years, with their adult companions, can join a naturalist for a story reading, a simple nature activity or craft, and a stroller-friendly hike on the beautiful Arboretum trails. Free for members and $6 for nonmembers. 9:30am to 10:30am.
- Explore Abilities Day at The Children’s Museum | Monday, November 14 – For Explore Abilities Day, children with learning differences will have the opportunity to exclusively enjoy the Children’s Museum of Houston with music therapy, workshops, and storytime. Tickets are $5 and free for members. 10am to 3pm.
- Chikawa Aztec Dancers at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Tuesday, November 15 – The Woodlands Children’s Museum will recognize Native American Indian Heritage Month with a special performance from the cultural dance group Chikawa Aztec Dance. Tickets are $6.
- Tree Lighting at Market Street in The Woodlands | Thursday, November 17 | FREE – Join The Woodlands community as they light up their 70-foot Market Street Christmas tree. 6pm.
- Girl Scout Sleepover at The Children’s Museum | Friday, November 18 – Grab your sleeping bags and enjoy this exclusive museum experience where scouts will have an opportunity to earn Try-It badges, patches, and join a discovery guide for an overnight adventure. Tickets are $50 per scout and $25 per chaperone. 5pm.
- Holidays in the Plaza at Sugar Land Town Square | Friday, November 18 to Saturday 19 | FREE – Get in the Holiday spirit and bring your friends and family to the Plaza for an evening of holiday entertainment and festivities. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Harry Potter Event at The Children’s Museum | Saturday, November 19 – Say hello to your favorite characters, meet other Harry Potter fans, discuss the newest book, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, and come dressed as your favorite wizard. Tickets are $12. 10am to 5pm.
- Houston Via Colori in Downtown | Saturday, November 19 and Sunday, November 20 – Watch over 200 artists make art on the streets and enjoy live music, activities, food, and drinks in Downtown Houston. Saturday 10am to 6pm; Sunday 10am to 4pm.
- Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer, The Musical at The Grand | Saturday, November 19 – Join Rudolph and the rest of Santa’s reindeer at The Grand in Galveston for a musical production of this classic Christmas tale. Tickets start at $22.50, not including ticket fees. There will be a performance at 2pm and another at 5pm.
- Bayou Bend & Rienzi Family Day | Sunday, November 20 | FREE – Families are invited to enjoy art workshops, gallery games, performances and more during this afternoon of fun presented jointly by Rienzi and Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens. 1pm to 5pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.