Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, November 7 to Sunday, November 13, 2016.
Happening in Houston This Week
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids this Week in Houston
- Tyke Hikes at the Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Monday, November 7 –Children 18 months to 3 years, with their adult companions, can join a naturalist for a story reading, a simple nature activity or craft, and a stroller-friendly hike on the beautiful Arboretum trails. Free for members and $6 for nonmembers. 9:30am to 10:30am.
- Disney on Ice | Wednesday, November 9 to Sunday, November 13 – Join your favorite Disney Princesses in a celebration of 75 years of Disney Princess stories for Disney on Ice at NRG Park. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper of better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market.
- Free Train Rides for Veterans at Hermann Park | Friday, November 11 – Veterans are invited to climb aboard the train and ride the Hermann Park Railroad for free on Veterans Day. Free for veterans.
- Mission After Dark at The Children’s Museum | Friday, November 11 – Go on a nocturnal adventure and complete a series of covert operations in an action-packed secret spy event at The Children’s Museum. Tickets are $12. 6:30pm to 10pm.
- 21st Annual Children’s Festival at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, November 12 and Sunday, November 13 – Bring the kids out to play as the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion turns into a giant playground for the 21st Annual Children’s Festival. Tickets are $8 in advance and $10 at the door. Saturday 10am to 5pm; Sunday noon to 5pm.
- The Galleria’s Annual Tree Lighting and Ice Spectacular | Saturday, November 12 | FREE – The 28th Annual Ice Spectacular at The Galleria will kick off the holiday season with the lighting of its 55-foot Christmas tree, featuring 450,000 twinkling lights and 5,000 ornaments in a variety of colors and shapes. Noon to 7pm.
- Diwali: The Festival of Lights at the Asia Society of Texas | Saturday, November 12 | FREE – Celebrate this Indian festival and join the Asia Society in learning about some of the Hindu deities celebrated on this day, and create your own art projects to take home. Free with RSVP. 12:30pm to 2:30pm.
- Zootopia at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, November 12 | FREE – Bring your family, friends and lawn chairs to the Sugar Land Town Square to enjoy a screening of Zootopia brought to you by First Colony Church of Christ. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Meet the Animals at the Nature Discovery Center | Sunday, November 13 – Get to know insects and critters at this Meet the Animals event at the Nature Discovery Center. Tickets are $10 per family. 2pm.
- Elf at The Grand | Sunday, November 13 – Buddy the elf is making his way to the stage at The Grand for a family-friendly, holiday show. Tickets start at $22.50, not including ticket fees. There will be a showing at 3pm and another at 7pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.