Find the cant-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, November 2 to Sunday, November 6, 2016.
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself. Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
All Weekend Long
- Diverseworks presents 12 Minutes Max! at The MATCH | Friday and Saturday – 12 Minutes Max! and the DiverseWorks Artist Advisory Board presents two evenings of new and experimental performances, none of which last longer than the titular 12 minutes. 8pm each day.
- Local Stand-Ups and Touring Comics at Joke Joint Comedy Showcase | Friday and Saturday – See Houston-area favorites as well as fantastic comedians from all over the country at the Joke Joint Comedy Showcase. Enjoy a delicious specialty cocktail, tasty appetizer and, of course, plenty of laughs. Tickets are $16, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $8. 10:30pm.
- DASH Fall Market at Silver Street Studios | Friday through Sunday – Design Art Style Home host a shopping event that features live music, light bites, wine and more at Silver Street Studios. Tickets are $10. 10am to 5pm each day.
Wednesday, November 2, 2016
- Pet Shop Boys in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Watch the most successful duo in UK music history Pet Shop Boys as they play hits like “West End Girls” at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets are $49.50 in advance and $52.50 the day of, not including ticket fees. 6:30pm.
- Lyle Lovett and Robert Earl Keen in Concert at The Grand – Get your tickets now to see legendary Texas artists Lyle Lovett and Robert Earl Keen perform live at The Grand. Tickets start at $30, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site.
Thursday, November 3, 2016
- ArBREWretum Happy Hour at Holley’s Seafood Restaurant & Oyster Bar | FREE to Attend – Join the Houston Arboretum’s young professional group, Evergreen, for a fun happy hour in Midtown at Holley’s Seafood Restaurant & Oyster Bar. 5pm to 7pm.
- Ladies Night Out at Revolver Bourbon Social | FREE to Attend – Have a Ladies Night Out and enter to win raffle prizes, enjoy drink specials, a DJ, and complimentary light bites at Revolver Bourbon Social. 6pm to 10pm.
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club in Concert at House of Blues – Watch rock band Black Rebel Motorcycle Club with openers Death From Above 1979 at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets range from $20 to $35, not including ticket fees. 7pm.
Friday, November 4, 2016
- Midtown Wine Down in Bagby Park | FREE to Attend – Wind down from the busy work week with music and happy hour specials at Rico’s Morning Noon Night – featuring food, wine, craft beer, and frozen sake. 5pm to 8pm.
- Bill Murray for President Pop-Up Dinner at Eureka Heights Brew Co – The Bill Murray for President Dinner will feature 3 crazy political courses paired with Eureka Heights Brewing Company beer. Cost of the dinner is $35. 6:30pm.
- Sia in Concert at the Toyota Center – Watch 5-time grammy award winning artist Sia as she makes her way to play the Toyota Center. This will be the first tour in 5 years for this pop powerhouse. Hear hits like “Chandelier” and “Cheap Thrills” and marvel at her stunning costumes and wigs. Tickets range from $35 to $125, not including ticket fees. 7pm.
- Wild Nothing in Concert at The Secret Group – Watch indie-pop band Wild Nothing in concert with openers Small Talk at The Secret Group. Tickets are TBA at the door. 7pm.
- Mixed Media at MFAH – Dance the night away with Degas + DJs as this très French-themed MFAH Mixed Media highlights exhibit Degas: A New Vision. Tickets are $22 for members and $25 for non-members. 8pm.
- Toni Braxton in Concert at Arena Theatre – Watch R&B superstar Toni Braxton in concert at the Arena Theatre. Tickets range from $49.50 to $89.50, but you may find limited discounted tickets.
Saturday, November 5, 2016
- First Saturday Arts Market in The Heights | FREE to Attend – Browse fine art and eclectic goods at the free monthly First Saturday Arts Market in the heart of the Houston Heights. In addition to shopping and browsing, you’ll find live music, food truck bites, great people watching and more. 11am to 6pm.
- Girl Crush Holiday Market at Tout Suite | FREE to Attend – Come shop, explore the photo booth, create a free DIY project with Sugar & Cloth, get your complimentary face painted and more at Tout Suite. Noon to 6pm.
- Birthday Club In-Store Performance at Cactus Music | FREE to Attend – Watch local indie rock band Birthday Club perform live at Cactus Music while enjoying complimentary Saint Arnold’s beer. 1pm to 2pm.
- 2016 Houston Wine Fest at Buffalo Bayou Water Works – Enjoy a festival filled with arts and crafts, locally-made merchandise, vendors, food, and all the wine you can imagine at the 2016 Houston Wine Fest at Buffalo Bayou Water Works. Tickets start at $10, not including ticket fees. 3pm to 10pm.
- Opening Reception: Friendly Fire at Station Museum of Contemporary Art | FREE to Attend – Enjoy CAMH’s new exhibit and drinks at their opening reception. This exhibition is in association with Houston Sculpture Month 2016, a citywide survey of artists living and working in the Houston area. 7pm to 10pm.
- Jon Secada in Concert at Dunham Theater – Experience the funky, up-tempo grooves and smooth ballads from one of the world’s most beloved hit-makers. Three-time Grammy winner Jon Secada comes to Houston’s Dunham Theatre for a night of English- and Spanish-language favorites. Tickets range from $48 to $150, but you may find limited tickets for $39.
- The Temptations and The Four Tops in Concert at Arena Theatre – Hear classics like “My Girl” when The Temptations come to the Arena Theatre with openers The Four Tops. Tickets range from $39.50 to $69.50, but you may find limited discounted tickets.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Adore Delano at South Beach – RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars Season 2’s fan favorite and International Superstar, Adore Delano returns to the LGBT club South Beach for a show-stopping performance with an encore after midnight. Tickets are $15, not including ticket fees. 9pm.
Sunday, November 6, 2016
- Art at Discovery Green | FREE to Attend – Check out works from more than 70 artists at this fine and contemporary art sale in Downtown Houston. 10am to 5pm.
- Paws & Prosecco at Dogwood Houston | FREE to Attend – Bring your furry friends over to Dogwood Houston and help them raise money to save more animals at their 3rd Annual Paws and Prosecco. 2pm to 6pm.
- Southern Smoke at Underbelly – Munch on delicious food that Southern chefs and pitmasters will be cooking, enter to win prizes at their auction and enjoy live music. Tickets start at $200, not including ticket fees. 4pm to 8pm.
- 93.7 Beat Bash at Toyota Center – 93.7 The Beat is bringing Travis Scott, Lil’ Wayne, Ty Dolla and more to Toyota Center for a night of hip-hop music. Tickets start at $39.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site.