Find the cant-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, October 19 to Sunday, October 23, 2016.
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself. Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
All Weekend Long
- Eats at Silver Street | Friday through Sunday | FREE to Attend – Get your grub on at Silver Street with food trucks, desserts, beer, wine, art, live music and more. Friday 5pm to 10pm; Saturday and Sunday 10am to 4pm.
- Midnight Madness: American Psycho at River Oaks Theater | Friday and Saturday – River Oaks Theatre continues their Midnight Madness series by screening American Psycho at midnight. Tickets are $10.50. Midnight.
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
- Hocus Pocus TV Dinner Quote-a-Long at Lowbrow | FREE to Attend – Head over to Lowbrow for dinner and a quote-a-long of the classic Halloween movie Hocus Pocus. 8pm to 11pm.
- Lydia Loveless in Concert at The Continental Club – Watch alternative country singer Lydia Loveless live in concert at the Mid Main venue The Continental Club. Tickets are $15, not including ticket fees. 9pm.
Thursday, October 20, 2016
- 19th Street Sip & Stroll | FREE to Attend – Join the 19th Street Merchants for their Sip and Stroll event in the Heights. For October, this installment will be a Sip and Scare event with Trick or Treating for kids in each shop and cocktails for the adults. 5pm to 9pm.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show Themed Night at Guava Lamp | FREE to Attend – Come celebrate the Anniversary of The Rocky Horror Picture Show television film of the 1975 film of the same name. Come prepared with a list of essential props for a night of shenanigans. 6pm to 9pm.
- Dia De Los Muertos Halloween Happy Hour at The Dunlavy | FREE to Attend – The Dunlavy is celebrating Halloween and Dia De Los Muertos a bit early with a themed happy hour and loteria (Mexican bingo). 6pm to 8pm.
- Halloween Craft Night & Flashlight Tour at Lawndale Art Center – Create and take away creepy crafts with which to decorate your dungeon, imbibe spooky spirits and frightful finger-foods, and explore the building by flashlight alone at the Halloween Craft Night and Flashlight Tour at Lawndale Art Center. Tickets are $18. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Beyonce Sing-Along at Alamo Drafthouse Vintage Park – Celebrate the queen B and sing along to songs like “Single Ladies” and “Formation” at the Beyonce Sing-Along at Alamo Drafthouse Vintage Park. Tickets are $10.
Friday, October 21, 2016
- Beer Release Party: Blood Belt Pale Ale at Southern Star | FREE to Attend – Head over to Southern Star Brewing Company for the release of the blood orange pale ale Blood Belt beer. Be sure to come in costume for a chance to win special prizes. 7pm to 10pm.
- Museum of Madness and Mayhem Haunted House at the Museum of Natural Science Sugar Land – Celebrate Halloween at HMNS Sugar Land and discover the scary side of science when their annual Halloween spooktacular Haunted House returns. Tickets for members are $22 and $25 for nonmembers. 7pm.
- A Fistful of Soul: 7th Anniversary at The Continental Club | FREE to Attend – Houston’s premiere ’60s soul and rhythm and blues dance party celebrates their 7th Anniversary at The Continental Club on Mid-Main. 10pm.
Saturday, October 22, 2016
- Puerto Rican & Cuban Festival – Celebrate Latin Caribbean island culture at a festival featuring live music, dance performances, crowd dancing, a market, fashion show, and vendors offering Cuban, Puerto Rican, and Dominican dishes. Tickets range from $15 to $200, not including ticket fees. Noon to 10pm.
- Round 45: Local Impact Opening Reception & Market at Project Row Houses | FREE to Attend – Project Row Houses in Third Ward hosts an Opening Reception for local artists and a market filled with vendors and local designers. 4pm to 7pm.
- Untapped Music & Beer Festival at Discovery Green – Enjoy craft beer along with live music at the Untapped Music & Beer Festival at Discovery Green. Ticket prices start at $29, not including ticket fees. 4:30pm.
- The Exorcist at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park – Make your head spin while watching the horrifying classic film The Exorcist at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park. Tickets are $10. 7:30 to 10pm.
- David Sedaris at Wortham Theater Center – David Sedaris has gone on to sell millions of books and is also known as a frequent contributor to NPR’s This American Life. Don’t miss this dynamic and witty performer when he comes to Wortham Theater Center’s Brown Theater. Tickets range from $26.50 to $66.50, but you may find limited discounted tickets ranging from $13.25 to $33.25. 10pm.
Sunday, October 23, 2016
- Sugar & Cloth Studio Sale | FREE to Attend – Be prepared to shop styling props, home decor items, DIY’s, craft supplies, furniture, and much more at Sugar and Cloth in the East End. Noon to 4pm.
- AmberFest at Under the Radar Brewery – Celebrate Texas Center for the Missing’s first ever AmberFest featuring beer, live music, giveaways, food trucks, kids activities and more. $25 in advance, $30 at the door. Noon to 6pm.
- Pumpkin Carving & Puppy Costume Contest at Axelrad | FREE to Attend – Bring your pup in costume, enjoy drink specials, and get ready to carve some pumpkins at the Pumpkin Carving and Puppy Costume Contest at Axelrad. Noon to 7pm.
- Monster Ball 2016 at SPJST Lodge – Open Gate Homeless Ministries presents Monster Ball 2016, a benefit for Houston’s homeless young adults. Join them for a costume contest with prizes, dancing, fun live entertainment by Laisha and The LaRue Crew, DJ’s, complimentary hors-d’oeuvres, and a cash bar. Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the door. 6pm to 9pm.
- Money Chicha in Concert at Continental Club – Money Chicha joins forces with Dos Santos Anti-beat orchestra from Chicago for a night of South, Central, and North American Psychedelia. Tickets are TBA and will be sold at the door. 9pm.