Find the cant-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, October 12 to Sunday, October 16, 2016.
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself. Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
All Weekend Long
- Fashion X Houston at Silver Street Studios | Thursday through Saturday – Presented by Cadillac, Fashion X Houston is the premiere of Fashion Week in the Houston market and features 3 nights of runway shows. Each night will feature at least 9 full runway collections from local Houston-based designers, season winners and all-stars from the hit television show Project Runway, and emerging designers from across the globe. Tickets range from $30 to $300, not including ticket fees. Times vary.
- Midnight Madness: John Carpenter’s Halloween at River Oaks Theatre | Friday and Saturday – River Oaks Theatre continues their Midnight Madness film series with John Carpenter’s horror classic Halloween, just in time for the holiday. Tickets are $10.50. Midnight.
Wednesday, October 12, 2016
- Adam Torres In-Store Performance at Cactus Music | FREE to Attend – Watch Austin-based singer-songwriter Adam Torres live in concert at Cactus Music while enjoying complimentary beverages provided by Saint Arnolds Brewery. 5:30pm to 6:30pm.
- Texas Monthly Whiskey Affair at Silver Street Studios – Texas Monthly is throwing down for a good old-fashioned whiskey tasting at Silver Street Studios. General tickets get you samples of over 30 brown spirits, couture cocktails, access to expert seminars, and bites. Tickets are $85; $125 for VIP. 7pm to 10pm.
- Surf Nite at Arlo’s Ballroom | FREE to Attend – Watch local band The Phantom Royals play live at Arlo’s Ballroom for their foot-stomping Surf-rock themed night. 8pm.
Thursday, October 13, 2016
- Cultured Cocktails Happy Hour at Boheme Cafe & Wine Bar | FREE to Attend – Head over for drinks and conversation at Boheme Cafe & Wine Bar, where a portion of the proceeds from all drink sales during the happy hour will go to support the Rothko Chapel. 5pm to 8pm.
- Pokéology Kitchen Takeover at Lincoln Bar | FREE to Attend – Enjoy all kinds of Poké Bowls when Pokéology Kitchen comes to take over at Lincoln Bar & Kitchen. 5pm to 10pm.
- Back to the ’80s Bingo Night at Hotel Derek – Go back in time to play bingo at the ’80s Bingo Night at Hotel Derek while jamming out to Madonna and Prince while enjoying ’80s-themed drinks and light bites. Cost is $35 per person. 6pm to 9pm.
- Houston Fashion Week: Couture Fashion Show – Join Houston Fashion Week for their Couture Fashion show featuring a selection of fashion designers from Houston, all across Texas, and the world. Tickets start at $50, not including ticket fees. 6:45pm to 9pm.
- Out for Good 2016 at The Crystal Ballroom of the Rice Hotel – Join The Montrose Center for a dinner celebrating National Coming Out Day benefiting Houston’s LGBT Center at The Crystal Ballroom in the Rice Hotel. Tickets start at $150, with a table for ten starting at $1250. 7pm to 9pm.
- Migrant Kids in Concert with DJ Dayta at Axelrad | FREE to Attend – Axelrad continues their free-to-attend concert series with Austinites Migrant Kids and DJ Dayta. 7pm to 10pm.
Friday, October 14, 2016
- TGIF! College Night at CAMH | FREE to Attend – Enjoy an evening of music by DJ Flash Gordon Parks, food, art, and explore the current exhibitions at the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston. 6pm to 8pm.
- RBQ + Brennan’s Night Out at The MATCH – Join the River Oaks Chamber Orchestra’s brass quintet for pre-concert cocktails, a performance of From Russia with Valves, and a three-course dinner at Brennan’s afterward. Tickets are $80. 6pm.
- Echo & the Bunnymen in Concert at House of Blues – Rock out to songs like “Lips Like Sugar” when the ’80s hit band Echo & the Bunnymen come to the House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets are $40, not including ticket fees. 7pm.
- Marc Anthony in Concert at Toyota Center – Watch Puerto Rican singer Marc Anthony sing hits like “I Need To Know” when he makes his way to town to play at the Houston Toyota Center. Tickets start at $61, not including ticket fees. 8pm.
- Theresa’s Masquerade Halloween Bash at Hotel Derek – Put your mask on and get ready for Theresa’s Masquerade Halloween Bash at Hotel Derek. This spooky night will feature prizes, a costume contest, and a live DJ. Tickets are $9.45. 8pm.
- Sound on Sound Festival at Valhalla Bar | FREE to Attend – Join Rice Radio KTRU for their 2016 Sound on Sound Festival featuring Open Mike Eagle and local favorites Young Mammals and Us. 8:30pm to midnight.
- Hot Mess: A Montrose Social & Dance Party at Grand Prize Bar | FREE to Attend – DJ Fredster and DJ Mr. Castillo play the jams at Hot Mess: A Montrose Social & Dance Party at Grand Prize. 10pm.
- Disco Asylum with Alyssa Edwards at F Bar | FREE to Attend – Join Rupaul’s Drag Race drag queen Alyssa Edwards at F Bar for a night of performances and dancing disco with DJ Jimmy Skinner. 10pm.
Saturday, October 15, 2016
- Get Crafty Houston Beer Tour Around the City – Start with a tasting at 8th Wonder Brewery and then hop on the Houston Wave and head to The Beer Can House, Saint Arnold, and Karbach for tours and beer samples. Tickets are $100. 11am to 3:30pm.
- Taste of The Caribbean Festival at BH Ranch Entertainment and Event Center – The 1st Taste of The Caribbean Festival celebrates the food, music, arts, the proud history, and the rich cultural traditions of the Caribbean at BH Ranch Entertainment and Event Center. Tickets are $15, not including ticket fees. 2pm to midnight.
- The Replay Returns Celebration at Replay Vintage Goods | FREE to Attend – The quirky and lovable vintage store Replay has it’s grand re-opening celebration at their brand new location off Mid-Main. 2:30pm to midnight.
- Screw Up The Vote with Screwed Up Click, Paul Wall & more at 8th Wonder Brewery | FREE with RSVP – Texans Together present a special event to build voter awareness in Harris County and beyond. The Screwed Up Click, Paul Wall and more will come together to have a great time and remind you to get out and vote. 4pm to 8pm.
- Good Dog Montrose Grand Opening Party | FREE to Attend – Good Dog hosts a grand opening party for their Montrose Location with Fat Cat Creamery, 8th Wonder Brewery, a Photo Moto photo booth, and live music. 5pm to 10pm.
- Majic 102.1 Under the Stars Concert at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Jam out with Majic 102.1 during this outdoor concert with a lineup featuring Cameo, Zapp, Con FUnk Shun, and Evelyn “Champagne” King. Tickets start at $27.50. 5:45pm.
Sunday, October 16, 2016
- Shake Shack Pop-up at Pass & Provisions | FREE to Attend – In anticipation of the Houston Galleria Shack opening, Shake Shack is teaming up with chefs Seth Siegel-Gardner & Terrence Gallivan for a one-day pop-up in The Pass and Provisions back lot. 1pm.
- Viva Latin America at the Wortham Theater Center – The Houston Latin American Philharmonic orchestra presents this celebration of Hispanic heritage, with a program of Bahia Blanca, Suite Guatapurí, Pajaro Campana, Barlovento, El Cumbanchero, and a tribute to Marco Antonio Muñiz (El Lujo de México). Tickets range between $25 to $65, not including ticket fees. 5pm.
- Foam Madness at Metropolis – Dance the night away in foam at Foam Madness at Metropolis. This party will include multiple DJ’s, a light show, and drink specials. No cover before 11pm. 9pm to 2am.