Make the most of your week with our top 11 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, October 10, to Sunday, October 16, 2016.
Happening in Houston This Week
Top 11 Things to Do with Kids this Week in Houston
- Sensory Friendly Day at The Children’s Museum | Monday, October 10 – Sensory Friendly Day is an opportunity for kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences to explore the Museum. Activities will include music therapy, arts and crafts, storytime and more. 10am to 3pm. Tickets are $12.
- Children’s Performance: Hot Peas ‘N Butter at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Monday, October 10 | FREE – Hot Peas ‘N Butter, the Nickelodeon/Noggin TV favorites are a NYC-based multicultural family music band, known for their Latin-influenced, catchy songs for kids. Catch them live at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 11am.
- Toddler Tuesdays at Discovery Green | Tuesday, October 11 | FREE – Discover a morning of fun with story time, activities, crafts, and smiles at Toddler Tuesdays at Discovery Green. Each Tuesday will feature a different storybook. 10:30am to 12:30pm.
- Family Movie Night on The Lawn: Hotel Transylvania 2 at Baybrook Mall | Tuesday, October 11 | FREE – Bring the family out to Baybrook Mall for a movie night under the stars. Blankets and chairs will be permitted for a screening of Hotel Transylvania 2 on The Lawn across from Maggiano’s. 7pm to 8:30pm.
- World Sight Day at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Thursday, October 13 – The Woodlands Children’s Museum will partner with TOMS Eyewear to offer a variety of fun activities and art projects geared around eyesight. Free eye exams for children will be provided by Child and Family Eye Care in The Woodlands. Tickets are $6. 10am to 2pm.
- Children’s Performance: My BFF, The Dragon at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Thursday, October 13 | FREE – Pushed into an age-old war by their Royal parents, a Human Prince and a Dragon Princess discover they have a lot more in common than they ever imagined. 11am.
- Zoo Boo at the Houston Zoo | Friday, October 14 through Sunday, October 16 – Bring your little pumpkins to the Zoo for photos in the pumpkin patch, trick-or-treating, costume parades and more. Entrance included with Houston Zoo admission. 9am to 1pm.
- Pumpkin Patch at Market Street in The Woodlands | Friday, October 14 and Saturday, October 15 | FREE – Each fall, a much-loved family tradition is to visit a pumpkin patch in search of the pick of the patch, or perhaps just an adorable photo. This year Market Street invites local families to visit as they host a pumpkin patch in their park. 10am to 9pm.
- Houston Symphony presents A Magic Carpet Ride at Jones Hall | Saturday, October 15 – This magic carpet ride features music from Aladdin, with favorites like “A Whole New World” and “A Friend Like Me.” Tickets range from $22 to $32, not including ticket fees. 10am.
- Houston Fire Fest at HFD Val Jahnke Training Facility | Saturday, October 15 | FREE – The Houston Fire Fest will have kid-friendly activities, live fire demonstrations, a parade, food vendors, live music, and a chance to get to know real firefighters. 10am to 5pm.
- KBR Kids Day at The Water Works in Buffalo Bayou Park | Saturday, October 15 | FREE – Explore the Barbara Fish Daniel Nature Play Area, take $2 boat rides on BBP’s pontoon boat Spirit of the Bayou, and rent bikes or kayaks from the Buffalo Bayou Park concessionaires. Food and drinks will also be available to purchase on site. 11am to 3pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.