Make the most of your week with our top 11 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, October 10 to Sunday, October 16, 2016.
Happening in Houston This Week
Also in October 2016
Attend a fashion show, support a local charity, check out a concert, nosh on delicious food at the Italian Festival, sample whiskey, tour some of the city’s top breweries, cheer for your favorite Houston team and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 11 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- A Beer & Food Pairing at Last Concert Cafe | Tuesday, October 11 – Last Concert Cafe is teaming up with Eureka Heights Brewery for a special dinner featuring beer from the brand new brewery. $45. 6pm.
- Texas Monthly Whiskey Affair at Silver Street Studios | Wednesday, October 12 – Join Texas Monthly for a whiskey tasting event where you’ll sample more than 30 types of whiskey, sip on craft cocktails from Julep’s Alba Huerta and Reserve 101’s Mike Raymond, and nosh on bites from local eateries. Tickets start at $85, not including ticket fees. 7pm to 10pm.
- National Gumbo Days at Liberty Kitchens | Wednesday, October 12 to Sunday, October 16 – Dine out at any of the Liberty Kitchen locations this week and order the chef’s unique gumbo offering – we’re talking options from smoked quail and duck confit gumbo to wild boar sausage and alligator gumbo – to help raise money that will be used to bring much needed water filters to communities in Ecuador. Times vary by location.
- Fashion X Houston at Silver Street Studios | Thursday, October 13 to Saturday, October 15 – See collections from emerging and established designers from around the world during this three-day event featuring runway shows and a gallery of pieces from jewelry and accessory designers. Tickets start at $30, not including ticket fees. 6:30pm daily.
- Houston Italian Festival at the Italian Cultural & Community Center | Thursday, October 13 through Sunday, October 16 – Enjoy a weekend of music, contests, and family fun, complete with a grape stomp, bocce tournament, pasta-eating contest, Italian folk dancing, kids activities and more during the 38th Annual Houston Italian Festival. Tickets start at $6 in advance, not including ticket fees. Thursday 5pm to 10pm; Friday and Saturday 11am to 10pm; Sunday 11am to 6pm.
- University of Houston Cougars vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane at TDECU Stadium | Saturday, October 15 – Watch as the Cougars take the field to play Tulsa at home. Tickets start at $24, but you may find better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. TBA.
- Of Peace and Protest Concert at The MATCH | Saturday, October 15 – Apollo Chamber Players presents a program of pieces that pay tribute to individuals seeking refuge from totalitarianism. This concert will include performances from Malek Jandali and Reza Vali. Arrive 30 minutes early for a pre-concert lecture. $35. 8pm.
- Bike Around the Bay in Galveston | Saturday, October 15 and Sunday, October 16 – Bike 170 miles around the entire Galveston Bay estuary during this annual ride that raises funds to preserve the bay. Registration starts at $25. 7:30am both days.
- Houston Dynamo vs. LA Galaxy at BBVA Compass Stadium | Sunday, October 16 – Cheer on the Dynamo as they play Los Angeles in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $24, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 4:15pm.
- Viva Latin America at the Wortham Theater Center | Sunday, October 16 – Enjoy a concert honoring Hispanic heritage performed by the Houston Latin American Philharmonic orchestra at the Wortham. Tickets start at $25, not including ticket fees. 5pm.
- Houston Texans vs. Indianapolis Colts at NRG Stadium | Sunday, October 16 – JJ Watt is out for the season, but that won’t stop the Texans from fighting for a win against Stratford High graduate Andrew Luck and the Colts during this Sunday Night Football matchup. Tickets start at $74 but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7:30pm.
You can also search our interactive event calendar by date, location, and category.
Be sure to subscribe to our free daily email and weekend planner emails and receive our picks for great things to do in Houston in your inbox daily or once a week.
Click here to sign up.