Find the cant-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, October 5 to Sunday, October 9, 2016.
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself. Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
All Weekend Long
- 37th Annual Festival Chicano at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Thursday through Saturday | FREE to Attend – Experience many diverse styles such as Tejano, Conjunto, Rancheras, Corridos, Mariachi, Big Band, Rhythm and Blues, Country, and Rock & Roll at this outdoor festival. 7pm.
- The Original Greek Festival at the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral | Thursday through Sunday – Learn about Greek culture at The Original Greek Festival at the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral in Montrose. This family-friendly event will feature the finest in Greek cuisine, kids activities, music and more. Tickets range from $5 to $25, not including ticket fees. Times vary.
- Bayou City Art Festival in Downtown | Saturday and Sunday – This weekend celebration will provide guests with the opportunity to see and purchase unique, custom art under the Downtown Houston skyline. This festival will also feature music, food trucks, beverages, entertainment, and a Children’s Creative Zone. Tickets range from $15 to $25; $5 for children. 10am to 6pm.
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
- Hand Papermaking and Printing with Pulp at The Printing Museum – In this class, students will learn the basics, from dry fiber to sheet formation, as well as techniques for embellishing bare sheets into works of art using a technique called printing with pulp. Cost of the class is $75 and includes materials. 10am to 2pm.
- Greek Wine Tasting at Sanctuari Bar at Triniti – Enjoy both traditional and modern classics from the old world’s most underappreciated wine region. Sommelier Rick Stiles will be pouring 5 different wines and Chef Ryan Hildebrand will be creating Greek inspired bites to accompany them. Tasting is $25 per person. 5pm to 8pm.
- 1st Anniversary Party & Oktoberfest at Hunky-Dory Tavern – Celebrate Hunky-Dory Tavern’s 1 year Anniversary and sip from steins and German-inspired fare by Chef Richard Knight for Oktoberfest. $25 per person. 6pm to 9pm.
- Die Antwoord in Concert at House of Blues – Get wild with Ninja and Yolandi when Die Antwoord hits the stage at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets range from $35 to $50, not including ticket fees. 7pm.
Thursday, October 6, 2016
- 7th Annual Be Bold Margarita Competition at BBVA Compass Stadium – The Houston Dash presents the 7th Annual Be Bold Margarita Competition benefitting Girls Inc. of Greater Houston at BBVA Compass Stadium. Come sample 12 different margaritas as amateur teams compete to get your vote. Tickets are $65, not including ticket fees. 5:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Ladies Night Out at Revolver Bourbon Social | FREE to Attend – Bring your girlfriend’s to enjoy delicious and refreshing cocktails, wine, and sangria specials all night, and fun Raffle Prizes at the Ladies Night Out event at Revolver Bourbon Social. 6pm to 11pm.
- Sarah Jaffe in Concert at Discovery Green | FREE to Attend – Enjoy music from Sarah Jaffe and opening act Dollie Barnes during this outdoor concert at Discovery Green. 7pm to 10pm.
- MC Chris with MC Lars and Mega Ran in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Watch rapper from the Libertyville, Illinois, MC Chris with openers MC Lars and Mega Ran live in concert at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $13, not including ticket fees. 8pm.
- Two Door Cinema Club at Revention Music Center – Irish indie rock band, Two Door Cinema Club make their way to Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $62, not including ticket fees. 8pm to 11pm.
Friday, October 7, 2016
- Midtown Wine Down in Bagby Park | FREE to Attend – Wind down from the busy work week with music and happy hour specials at Rico’s Morning Noon Night – featuring food, wine, craft beer, and frozen sake. 5pm to 8pm.
- Crazy Reality: Tim Burton Tribute at East End Studio Gallery | FREE to Attend – If you love Tim Burton films, then you’ll love Crazy Reality: A Tim Burton Tribute opening at East End Studio Gallery. 7pm.
- Beauty Product Workshop at TXRX Labs – Make your own beauty products including a hair mask and lip gloss during this craft workshop put on by Pop Shop Houston. This event is BYOB. Tickets are $36. 7pm to 9pm.
- Jason Moran in Concert at Wortham Center – Houston native jazz pianist Jason Moran Presents In My Mind: Monk at Town Hall, 1959 at Wortham Center. 8pm.
- Smokey Robinson in Concert at Jones Hall – Join the Society for the Performing Arts as they bring a show-stopping performance by the Motown legend Smokey Robinson to Houston. Tickets range between $33 to $128, not including ticket fees, and limited discounted tickets start at $25.50. 8pm.
- Young the Giant in Concert at Revention Music Center – Jam to the anthemic tunes of indie rock band Young the Giant during this show at Revention Music Center. Tickets are $27.50, not including ticket fees. 8pm.
Saturday, October 8, 2016
- The Houston Weird Homes Tour – The First Annual Weird Homes Tour Houston will take participants on a journey through some of Houston’s most extraordinary homes in a self-paced, self-driving tour like none other. Tickets are $25 and $40 for VIP. 10am.
- Achtoberfest at 8th Wonder Brewery | FREE to Attend – Celebrate Octoberfest with a beer at 8th Wonder Brewery with live music and Eatsie Boys cooking up some german delicacies. 11am to 10pm.
- A Night at Market Square with The Bright Light Social Hour in Concert | FREE to Attend – Market Square hosts a historic night out in Downtown. Explore the neighborhood’s most eclectic bars and restaurants, enjoy live music by The Bright Light Social Hour, delight in food and beverage specials, and participate in giveaways and other activities sprinkled throughout the park and the rest of the Historic District. 6pm to midnight.
- Porter Robinson and Madeon in Concert at Revention Music Center – See Porter Robinson and Madeon perform live during their Shelter Live Tour at Revention Music Center. Tickets are $30, not including ticket fees. 8pm.
- Numbers 38th Anniversary Party – Dance the night away at the legendary Numbers Nightclub and celebrate their 38th Anniversary Party. Enjoy drink specials and enter to win gift cards, t-shirts, and even a TV. Tickets will be sold at the door. 9pm to 2am.
Sunday, October 9, 2016
- HOUBBQ Collective Tailgate at Eight Row Flint – Chefs and members of the HOUBBQ Collective will be hosting a tailgate at Eight Row Flint to support one of their own and raise money for No Kid Hungry. Tickets to purchase the full plate, including a complimentary glass of Eight Row Punch are $45 through October 7, or $50 at the door. 11am to 4pm.
- Pinup Girl Clothing Yard Sale at The Continental Club | FREE to Attend – Shop the Pinup Girl Clothing Yard Sale where clothing will be anywhere from $1 to $60 at The Continental Club on Main. 11am to 4pm.
- Couples Therapy Comedy Show with Alan Adams – Hosted by Improv club favorite Alan Adams, this romantic comedy show will find Adams delivering his views on relationships with quick-fire wit, stone-faced delivery, and sarcastically venomous punch-lines. Tickets start at $10, but you can score $5 tickets with promocode Couples365. 7:30pm.
- Fantasy, Love and Sex(tet) Concert at The MATCH – Featured performers, and husband-and-wife duo, Richard and Cecilia Belcher will be showcasing how their musical talents perfectly compliment and play off each other as they perform the program’s middle selection by Schulhoff. Tickets start at $15, not including ticket fees. 7:30pm.