Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, October 3, to Sunday, October 9, 2016.
Happening in Houston This Week
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids this Week in Houston
- Parachute Playtime with Gymboree Riverstone & Pearland at Sugar Land Town Square | Monday, October 3 | FREE – Join Gymboree Riverstone and Pearland for Parachute Playtime in the Plaza. Activities include storytime, bubbles, and activities that will be age appropriate for kids 5 and under. 10am.
- Toddler Tuesdays at Discovery Green | Tuesday, October 4 | FREE – Discover a morning of fun with story time, activities, crafts, and smiles at Toddler Tuesdays at Discovery Green. Each Tuesday will feature a different storybook. 10:30am to 12:30pm.
- Mommy Mingle Wednesday at The Children’s Museum | Wednesday, October 5 – Bring your little ones to TotSpot in The Children’s Museum, and mingle with other mommies during Mommy Mingle Wednesdays. Daddies, nannies, and caretakers are welcome, too. Plus, enjoy complimentary coffee and breakfast. Tickets are $12. 10am.
- Marvel’s Champions #1 Launch Party at Bedrock City Comic Co. | Wednesday, October 5 | FREE – Join Bedrock Comic Co. for Marvel’s Champions #1 Launch Party. Attendees will get a free Champions lithograph, standee set, button set, as well as the opportunity to buy the party exclusive variant cover featuring Gwenpool. 10am to noon.
- Kindermusik with Sessions Music at Sugar Land Town Square | Thursday, October 6 | FREE – Immerse your child in a musical atmosphere of play, song, and dance, all while developing fundamental skills and connecting with other moms, dads, and families. 9:30am to 10:30am.
- Buffalo Bayou Park’s 1st Birthday | Thursday, October 6 | FREE – Join in the fun with a birthday party for Buffalo Bayou Park at The Water Works. Enjoy a tasty food truck fare from Colonel Eats: Gourmet Street Food, free birthday cake, beer courtesy of Saint Arnold Brewing Company, root beer floats for purchase from Fat Cat Creamery, lawn games, and tunes from A Fistful of Soul at this free to attend event. 4pm.
- Mad Hatter Day at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Friday, October 7 – The Mad Hatter Tea Party brings Alice in Wonderland to life at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Join the Queen of Hearts and Mad Hatter for child-friendly tea party to decorate cookies and make a creative art project. Tickets are $7. 10am to 2pm.
- Houston Symphony: Hocus Pocus Pops at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Friday, October 7 – Hocus Pocus Pops is a night of tricks, treats, and enchanting music as the Houston Symphony casts a magical spell on The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Come dressed up in your spookiest costume and enjoy an imaginative blend of chilling music. Tickets are $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s site. 6pm.
- Oktoberfest at First Evangelical Lutheran Church | Saturday, October 8 – Celebrate Oktoberfest at the First Evangelical Lutheran Church with bouncy houses, face painting, games, live music and more. Tickets are $5. Infants under 12 months get in free. 11am to 3pm.
- 2016 Houston AfriFest at Houston Baptist University | Saturday, October 8 – Celebrate the rich and diverse cultures of Africa, featuring live music and performances, food and exceptional ethnic cuisines from different African countries, cultural artwork, fashion shows, national displays, games, kids’ activities and more. Tickets are $5 for ages 18 to 64; Free for anyone 17 and under; 65 and older. This event is also free for adult students with a valid and current student ID. 11am to 8pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.