Marvel at fine architecture paired with artwork with a home tour exhibition that showcases The Bay Area Art of Living in League City throughout October.
Featuring artwork by five notable local artists, model homes in both the Tuscan Lakes and Edgewater communities of League City will play canvas for a wide array of original artwork in a home tour exhibition like none before.
Five Bay Area model homes, two in Edgewater and three in sister community Tuscan Lakes, will be showcased during the home tour exhibition with a featured artist debuting new pieces in each home.
The artwork and homes will be on display from 10am to 7pm on Mondays to Saturdays and noon to 7pm on Sundays throughout October.
See something that you just have to have? Visitors to The Bay Area Art of Living can even register to win their favorite piece, with one piece of artwork from each model home being given away.
- Bonnie Blue – A multi-faceted artist who has created art cars that won a first and second place in the 2014 Houston International Art Car Parade, Blue’s portraits have been displayed throughout the world and her art features materials that are 95 percent recycled. Blue’s art has been featured on The Ellen DeGeneres Show and The Late Show with David Letterman, as well as other local television programs. Her work will be showcased in the K. Hovnanian model home at 2807 Pramble Lane in Tuscan Lakes.
- Carol Outlaw-Wagner – Known for her well-lit oil paintings of birds and coastal scenes, Wagner’s work has been displayed in numerous local art galleries and restaurants in addition to being a long-standing member of the Galveston Art League. Carol will have artwork on display at the Tuscan Lakes Information Center, 1531 Louisiana Avenue.
- Jim Stough – Photographer Jim Stough considers the world his studio and finds inspiration in a variety of subjects. No stranger to the outdoors, Stough says he shapes his view of the world to be not only an expression of his creativity but also a canvas for self-discovery for those viewing his work. His work will be on display in the Coventry Homes model at 425 Capano Street in Edgewater.
- Lindrel Thompson – A Galveston resident and photographer known for his nature, landscape, and cityscape images, Thompson’s stunning work tells tales of his travels throughout the United States and abroad that demonstrates both technical ability and creativity. His work can be seen at the Westin Lakes model home at 2734 Rogliano Lane in Tuscan Lakes.
- David W. Wheeler – Inspired by the great masters and his extensive travels throughout the United States, Mexico, and Europe, Wheeler has had a love for painting since childhood and has studied art in Houston and Italy. A native of the Texas Gulf Coast, he is a member of the Galveston Art League known most notably for his oil paintings. Visitors can see Wheeler’s work in the Westin Homes model at 524 Sabinal Street in Edgewater.
About Tuscan Lakes & Edgewater
Located in League City about three miles from Interstate 45, the Tuscan Lakes community features lavish homes priced from the $200,000s. The lush Edgewater community, which is located in Webster near Interstate 45 and the Nasa Parkway Bypass, features homes priced starting from the $270,000s.
The Bay Area Art of Living Exhibition in League City
- Dates: Daily through Monday, October 31, 2016
- Times: Monday to Saturday 10am to 7pm; Sunday noon to 7pm
- Location: See the “Featured Artists” area above for links to home addresses.
- Parking: Free parking is available onsite.
- Admission: Free to attend. Click here for more information.
This story was sponsored by Johnson Development. Per our sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from businesses that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, resource, or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.