Find the cant-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, September 28 to Sunday, October 2, 2016.
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself. Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
All Weekend Long
- Texas Contemporary Art Fair at George R. Brown Convention Center | Thursday through Sunday – Galleries from across the country will bring their finest contemporary art to Houston for this annual fair. The event will also feature a curated selection of works from Mexico City. Tickets start at $25, not including ticket fees. Times vary each day.
- Houston Art Fair at Silver Street Studios | Thursday through Sunday – The Houston Art Fair will feature artwork from more than 45 galleries presenting modern and contemporary art at Silver Street Studios. Tickets are $100 for opening night; $20 for a day pass and $75 for VIP. Times vary each day.
- Groove Fest 2016 at Jones Plaza | Friday and Saturday – Enjoy live music by acts such as Raheem DeVaughn, Jazmine Sullivan, and Big Freedia at the 2nd Annual Groove Fest in Downtown. Tickets start at $55, not including ticket fees. Times Vary.
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
- El Gato Cat Yoga Flow at Sharespace – Join Houston’s upcoming cat café El Gato Coffeehouse in cat yoga at Sharespace. Plan to come early and to stick around after class to connect with other cat lovers over coffee, baked goods, shopping, and the love of cats. Tickets are $20. 7pm to 9pm.
- White Mystery in Concert at Walter’s Downtown – Watch rock band White Mystery in concert along with openers Talk Sick Brats, The Lories, and Black Lodge at Walter’s Downtown. Tickets are $7 in advance and $10 at the door. 8pm.
- Mantra Love with Mind Shrine in Concert at The Nightingale Room | FREE to Attend – Jam out to a free concert from Mantra Love and Mind Shrine at the Downtown Bar and venue Nightingale Room.
Thursday, September 29, 2016
- ’80s Tom Cruise Happy Hour at Sanctauri Bar at Triniti | FREE to Attend – Strut your stuff at Triniti Restaurant as they host an ’80s Tom Cruise-themed Happy Hour at their Sanctuari Bar. 4pm to 8pm.
- Runway Houston Fall 16 at Post HTX – Runway Houston Fall 2016 is an evening of fashion, art, and music that will benefit Crime Stoppers of Houston and Yellowstone Academy. Tickets range from $20 to $325. 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Josh Turner in Concert at Arena Theatre – A dynamic performer, catch country singer Josh Turner live in a high-energy concert at Houston’s Arena Theatre. Tickets start at $39.50 but you may find limited discounted tickets for $31.50. 7pm.
- Andrew Bird in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Watch Andrew Bird perform songs off of his new album, Are You Serious, with opener Sinkane at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets range from $35.50 to $46.50, not including ticket fees. 7pm.
- Tourist with Wrestlers in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Dance to electronic-dance bands Tourist and Houston locals Wrestlers at White Oak Music Hall on the Near Northside. Tickets range from $13 to $17, not including ticket fees. 8pm.
Friday, September 30, 2016
- Just Ink 6 Art Show at East End Studio Gallery | FREE to Attend – Just Ink 6 is a one-night only art show happening at East End Studio Galley that will feature artists who create with all things ink. 6pm to 8pm.
- Hotel Derek’s Summer Film Series Float & Flick screening of E.T. – Come out to Hotel Derek’s poolside at Splash and enjoy the final film in the Float and Flick series, E.T., on a 3-story movie wall. They will feature food from their summer menu, fruit cocktails, and local craft beers. Tickets are $15. 6pm to 10pm.
- Opening Reception for Obstructed Views at Scott Charmin Gallery | FREE to Attend – The group exhibition Obstructed Views is organized by Brooklyn-based artist, Roberto Jamora. The exhibition will feature work by nine artists from Houston, Brooklyn, Los Angeles, and Oakland. 6pm to 10pm.
- High West Tasting at Reserve 101 – High West Distillery founder David Perkins is hosts a High West tasting at Reserve 101. Tickets are $20. 100% of the proceeds will go to Lucky Dog Rescue. 6:30pm.
- Bedtime Stories at Clé Houston – Join Clé Houston for an evening under the stars featuring several celebrities as they “walk on water” down the runway over Clé’s Miami-style pool. Expect an over-the-top cocktail party with special live entertainment, hors d’oeuvres, complimentary libations, an extravagant live auction and more at this high-energy affair. Tickets are $125. 7pm.
- Birthday Club EP Listening Party & Art Show at TOMO Mags | FREE to Attend – Get a first listen to local band Birthday Club’s new EP, socialize, and take in the art on the walls at TOMO Mags in Montrose. 7pm to 11pm.
- ’90s Night at Cabo Clear Lake | FREE to Attend – Come dressed in your ’90s attire and jam out to your favorite ’90s songs at this themed party Cabo Clear Lake. 10pm.
Saturday, October 1, 2016
- First Saturday Arts Market in The Heights | FREE to Attend – Browse fine art and eclectic goods, and enjoy live music and food truck bites at the free monthly First Saturday Arts Market in the heart of the Houston Heights. 11am to 6pm.
- BeerFeast 2016 at Flying Saucer Draught Emporium – Join hundreds of beer lovers for one of Sugar Land’s best beer festivals to sample highly sought-after, quality craft beers from more than 60 breweries. Tickets are $35 in advance; $45 at the door; $68 for VIP. 2pm to 6:30pm.
- Night Market at Asia Society | FREE to Attend – This family-friendly Night Market will feature family activities, food trucks, local vendors and more in the heart of the Museum District. 6pm to 9pm.
- Maná in Concert at Toyota Center – Watch latin rock band Maná on their Latin Power tour when they make their way to the Toyota Center. Tickets start at $50, not including ticket fees. 7:30pm.
Sunday, October 2, 2016
- Free Yoga at Raven Tower with Black Swan Yoga | FREE to Attend – Enjoy a refreshing morning of Free Yoga at Raven Tower with Black Swan Yoga. 10am to 11am.
- Popshop Party at WildBloom Boutique | FREE to Attend – WildBloom Boutique will be giving out free gift cards for their Popshop Party. There will be local vendors, drinks, a complimentary braid bar, and live sketches. PopDeco will also be there with their delicious gourmet popsicles. 11am to 7pm.
- Beer & Cheese Tasting with Houston Dairymaids at Saint Arnold Brewery – Enjoy a plethora of Texas made cheeses paired with Texas made beer at Saint Arnold Brewery. The Dairymaids will tell you all about the cheese, and Saint Arnold’s will be there with the beer knowledge. Tickets are $25. 3pm to 5pm.
- Mas Musica Festival at House of Blues – Enjoy live bands such as La Gusana Ciega, Porter, Siddhartha and more at the Mas Music Festival at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets range from $25 to $35, not including ticket fees. 7pm.
- Flume in Concert at Revention Music Center – Australian producer Flume will bring his electronic hits to Revention Music Center for a night of dancing that’s sure to be a can’t miss show. Tickets are $30, not including ticket fees. 9pm.