Browse works from artists across the country while enjoying bites, drinks, and live music at the 45th Bayou City Art Festival in Downtown from Saturday, October 8 to Sunday, October 9, 2016.
Now in it is 45th year, the Bayou City Art Festival brings fine art from around the country for a family-friendly, two-day outdoor fall festival in Downtown which attracts more than 20,000 visitors each year.
Produced by the good folks at Art Colony Association, the outdoor festival will feature works from more than 300 artists on display and for sale under the iconic Houston skyline. The artwork spans many different mediums and disciplines, including clay, glass, metal, leather, wood, mixed media, and photography.
The event also showcases featured artist Dania Olivares, a McAllen, TX born mixed media artist best known for her work with recycled materials. A self-taught artist, Olivares’ unique and colorful work represents the diverse, eclectic community of all participating artists.
Entertainment for All Ages
In addition to the diverse artwork on display, attendees will enjoy live entertainment, kids activities in the Creative Zone, tasty bites from popular Houston food trucks and food vendors, plus beer and wine at the festival bar.
Festival-goers are also allowed to bring lawn chairs, blankets, sunscreen, mosquito spray, hats, sunglasses, and shades. Attendees are encouraged to wear loose-fitting clothing and comfortable shoes. No pets will be allowed on the festival grounds.
About Bayou City Art Festival & The Art Colony Association
Now in its 45th year, the Art Colony Association has raised more than $3.5 million for local nonprofit programs through its Fall festivals in Downtown and Spring festivals in Memorial Park. The 10 nonprofit partners will receive proceeds from the festival. The festivals are funded in part by grants from the City of Houston, Houston Arts Alliance, corporate sponsorships, private contributions, in-kind support, and volunteer assistance. Click here for more information.
45th Annual Bayou City Art Festival in Downtown
- Dates: Saturday, October 8 to Sunday, October 9, 2016
- Times: Saturday and Sunday 10am to 6pm
- Location: Houston City Hall, 901 Bagby St, Houston, TX 77002
- Parking: Free street parking and paid lot parking is available around the festival which surrounds City Hall, Hermann Square, Houston Public Library, Sam Houston Park, and adjacent streets. METRO is available for your transportation needs. Click here for more information on routes and schedules.
- Admission: Online tickets are $15 for ages 13 and older ($17 at the gate); $5 for ages 6 to 12; free for children 5 and under. Two-Day passes are on sale for $25 and Family passes (two adults and two children) are on sale for $35. Discounted tickets for Veterans and Seniors will be available at the gate. Donations are also being accepted online. Click here to purchase tickets online.
This post was sponsored by Art Colony Association. Per our advertising policy, we only accept sponsored content from businesses that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, resource, or destination for Houstonians and Houston visitors. Click here to learn about promoting your event, product or business.