Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, September 12 to Sunday, September 18, 2016.
Happening in Houston This Week
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids this Week in Houston
- Children’s Performance: Beto & The Fairlanes at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Monday, September 12 | FREE to Attend – In honor of Hispanic Heritage month, Young Audiences presents the musical wonderment of Austin’s Beto and the Fairlanes at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 11am.
- Fantasia: Music from Disney’s Beloved Fantasia Films at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Tuesday, September 13 | FREE to Attend – WindSync presents this family-friendly event that promises good fun for music lovers of all ages from the lawn and open-air seating at Miller Outdoor Theatre in Hermann Park. 11am.
- Family Movie Night on The Lawn: Zootopia at Baybrook Mall | Tuesday, September 13 | FREE to Attend – Bring the family out to Baybrook Mall for a movie night under the stars. Blankets and chairs will be permitted for a screening of Zootopia on The Lawn across from Maggiano’s. 7pm to 8:30pm.
- A&M Yell Practice at CityCentre | Wednesday, September 14 | FREE to Attend – Gear up for the Texas A&M vs. Auburn game during this evening Yell Practice at CityCentre. 8pm.
- Nature Revealed: Forest Entomology at the Houston Arboretum | Saturday, September 17 – In this class, you’ll learn about insects that eat the leaves, wood, and other parts of trees. You will also learn about the damage that these insects can cause, which can have serious ecological and economic effects. Ages 13 and up only. $10. 9:30am to 11:30am.
- Worldwide Day of Play at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Saturday, September 17 – As part of the Big Help’s health and wellness messaging, Nickelodeon goes completely dark on WWDoP, taking programming off the air on all of their channels and shutting down their websites globally to reinforce one simple message about physical activity and healthy living: get up, get out and go play. Tickets are $7 for members and $9 for non-members. 10:30am to 12:30pm.
- Matilda Cereal Party at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park | Saturday, September 17 – Skip Saturday morning cartoons and opt for a Matilda screening plus an all-you-can-eat cereal buffet. Tickets are $10. 10:30am.
- Mid-Autumn Fest at the Children’s Museum | Saturday, September 17 – Explore Vietnamese and Asian culture with a kids fashion show, story time, a dance performance, and a parade at the Vietnamese Mid-Autumn Festival. Tickets are $12. 11am to 4pm.
- Cooking Class for Kids at the Italian Cultural & Community Center | Saturday, September 17 – In this class, children will wear chef aprons and toques and learn basic Italian language, metric system, and culture while preparing authentic Italian cuisine. Cost of the class is $30. 11:30am to 12:30pm.
- Fiestas Patrias at Traders Village | Sunday, September 18 | FREE to Attend – Traders Village along with Telemundo Houston TV 47 celebrate the Mexican holiday Fiestas Patrias with live music, dancing, and family fun. Noon.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.