Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, August 29 to Sunday, September 4, 2016.
Happening in Houston This Week
Top 11 Things This Week
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids this Week in Houston
- WWE: Raw at Toyota Center | Monday, August 29 – Cheer on your favorite wrestlers such as Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins, Chris Jericho, women’s champion Charlotte, tag team champions New Day, United States, Sami Zayn, Finn Balor, GM Mic Foley, and Stephanie McMahon plus many more when WWE: Raw comes to Toyota Center. Tickets range from $20 to $105 but you may find cheaper of better seats on TicketNetwork’s site. 6:30pm.
- Family Storybook Circle at MFAH | Tuesday, August 30 – The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston hosts a month storybook session with a storybook reading and brief tour of art related to the story. This event is included with museum admission. 11:30pm.
- Hands On Houston: Glass Lens Paperweights at Houston Center for Contemporary Craft | Saturday, September 3 | FREE to Attend – Join the HCCC staff and volunteers and make glass lens paperweights inspired by the work of glass artist Charlotte Potter. Choose an image that appeals to you. Cut it down to size, or rip it into smaller pieces to make a collage. You can bring a photograph from home, printed on regular paper or find one in the old magazines that HCCC will provide. 7am to 11am.
- Young Writers Workshop at Discovery Green | Saturday, September 3 | FREE to Attend – Kids learn to express their thoughts and develop language skills in this workshop presented by Houston Public Library and Discovery Green. 10:30 am to 11:30pm.
- Learn a Language at Discovery Green | Saturday, September 3 | FREE to Attend – Get Downtown with the kids as certified instructors teach kids Spanish and French in informative, fun, and effective ways. Weekly classes are open for toddlers through 9 years old. Lessons taught each week are independent of one another, so come when you can without fear of missing out. 11:30am to 12:30pm.
- Open Studio at CAMH | Saturday, September 3 | FREE to Attend – Join the Contemporary Art Museum of Houston for the all-ages Saturday program, Open Studio, where you’ll sketch your heart out in a strange doll still-life drawing session to pay homage to the work of artist Thedra Cullar-Ledford. 2pm to 4pm.
- Jurassic Extreme at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, September 3 | FREE to Attend – Sugar Land Town Square is going Jurassic with life-like Dinosaurs that are 7-feet tall, have blinking eyes, authentic roaring sounds, and extraordinary movements. This Jurassic Extreme event will transport you to another time when dinosaurs roamed the earth to give you and the kids an experience like no other. 5pm to 7pm.
- Family Yoga at Discovery Green | Sunday, September 4 | FREE to Attend – Learn to be calm, focus your energies, and regain inner peace while improving physical strength. Emphasize awareness and relaxation through yoga classes led by instructors from Nia Moves. Ages 9 and up only. 1pm to 2pm.
- Houston Texans Fan Fest at CityCentre | Sunday, September 4 | FREE to Attend – Bring the whole family out to CityCentre to celebrate the upcoming Texans season with food, music, giveaways, and appearances by the Texans cheerleaders, TORO, and the Battle Ready Band. 1pm to 3pm.
- Fall Frozen Fun Event at The Fairytale Headquarters | Sunday, September 4 – Bring the kiddos to meet The Snow Queen, Princess Ana, the Ice Harvester Dancers, and Olaf at the Fall Frozen Fun Event. Enjoy an interactive storytime with an on-screen singalong, live performances with professional dancers, and a dance party. Tickets are $30, not including ticket fees. 4:30pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.